Painted Shadespire Warbands - Please post

Zlatan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Super late to the party, just got my first warband with Steelheart's Champions. I got them mainly because I loved the miniatures, but I'll maybe try the actual game down the line. I went for a super grim and dirty, muted look with a very limited palette. Comments and advice are very welcome  as I've been on a hiatus from painting for some years.

Steelheart_1.jpg

Steelheart_2.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 1:52 AM, DeviantDoc said:

Thorns done, where a pleasure to paint, especially shooting DR white ink through the airbrush.

Hey there,

First off, nice work!

Airbrushing.

I've traditionally been an old stubborn "To heck with that! What a pain to use! Can't do tiny details. Bah humbug." sort of guy when it comes to using airbrushes on toy soldiers.

But, I think I wanna change my stance and I'll start with you! :) Got any basic, beginner (been painting with brushes for 35 years, but never an airbrush) advice on airbrushing little men?

Just thought I'd share my completed collection. Started painting the Nightvault Warbands about 6 weeks ago. I have limited painting time due to family and work so I'm pretty happy I managed to get these all finished, practically speed painting by the end. I have really enjoyed painting most of these, the sheer variety has kept it interesting. I will say that despite the bases being pretty cool, I wish they were all Shadespire themed rather than the world of the race they are from. I have my Shadespire terrain in there made from the Mausoleum, and the Nightvault ones too.  

Warbands 2.jpg

CU1.jpg

CU2.jpg

CU3.jpg

CU4.jpg

CU5.jpg

CU6.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 4:37 PM, wobbly_goggy said:

Ylthari's Guardians
ad to play with the colour and brightness a bit on my computer to get it closer to real life as my camera hates taking photos of minis, especially yellow minis... but it's preeeetty close to real life now

IMG_20190617_222409.jpg

Definite seasonal vibe going on there, was that intentional?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...