Painted Shadespire Warbands - Please post

Zlatan

3 hours ago, Anamnesis said:

a bit late to the party but my oberyn is done :)

Hope you like him as much as i do

Cheers

Anamnesis

Stunning paintjob! I really like those scratches, especially on the hammerhead. Mine's just smooth metal, and can look a bit plain..

• Thanks 1

Working on my Fiends.  For those of you who recall the 1997 metal Flesh Hounds, that's where the green comes from. I'm going for a blend of new school and old school.  

As always, these are super simple paint jobs for basic gaming models, but I like the results given the limitations.

20180429_181034.jpg

20180429_181042.jpg

20180429_181104.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Working on my Fiends.  For those of you who recall the 1997 metal Flesh Hounds, that's where the green comes from. I'm going for a blend of new school and old school.  

As always, these are super simple paint jobs for basic gaming models, but I like the results given the limitations.

I love the old-school vibe you went with! :x

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2018 at 1:24 AM, Sleboda said:

Even before reading, I immediately thought oldschool color scheme.

Very nice B|

I finally finished my merry men of Khorne last night, and with that also the core set. Painting these guys was again something new with the amount of flesh and faces. I'm very happy with the paintjobs overall, the lighter skintones might have a tad too much contrast, but that's probably good for the tabletop. For the eyes and teeth I tried a 10/0 brush, which made things a lot easier and surprisingly hassle free, though I had to rinse the brush pretty much after every stroke. This was also the first time trying out the blood paint, lots of fun!

I ended up doing some unintentional "conversion" work on this warband, as halfway through painting I noticed that I had shaved of one of Saek's horns while cleaning up the models :D I then removed the other one as well, as he might have looked a bit silly with only one horn.

Bi0xn8b.jpg

1DRhB6V.jpg

NN5VAWD.jpg

• Like 5

For years (literally decades) I only ever did fine ballast, goblin green, bilious green drybrush. Thousands of models.

Bases are a simple method of conveyance, not part of the model. It's dumb that the soldier picks up the rock, skull, or twig and moves it up the field with him.

Yep. That's what I did.

I changed.

Finally finished my 3rd warband. Broke my promise (kinda) to only buy the next Shadespire warband after I finished painting my current one. As it turned out, May 4th had a 10% off ebay sale so I bought 2 more (in the mail) and in my week off from work, decided to get my Ironskulls boys finished (They've been waiting around since February when I painted Basha.

No cool conversions or anything, the only modification to them is I added an extra spike to one of Basha's maul. It irked me that there was one completely missing for no reason.

IronskullsBoyz.jpg.185569d53c245f62f487fcb2a94ae2dc.jpg

Can't wait until my next warbands arrive.

• Like 6

Here my steelheart's champions, nothing special for this time i simply follow the gw ones without any sort of customization (one of the few since i started the hobby looong ago, usually i always think to personal color scheme and background!)

steel%2Bheart%2B%25282%2529.JPG

steel+heart+%25281%2529.JPG

Edited by Morghot
  • Like 8