Painted Shadespire Warbands - Please post

Zlatan

Started taking the Cursebreakers off the sprue last night. Man they are going to be a pain to paint & transport.

Stormsire has overlapping, visible, different coloured panels everywhere, half his face is obscured by his left shoulder and his staff is extremely fragile. I've already undercoated non-assembled figurines (looking at you, Farstriders!) but I think this may be a first for fully painting individual elements before I assemble the figurine.

Even though I am a bit late to the party here is a sneak peek of my first Underworld Warband. It's just the bases but Obryn is nearing his completion and I guess I will post a WIP of him later on.

20181005_190553.jpg

Edited by Vaux
  • Like 3

I've been working on upgrading my Warband.  I'm not a skilled painter but I worked hard on this model and even got a tutorial on how to do skin.  I really feel like this model pushed my skill boundaries and  helped to improved my painting abilities. 

e6Gv7B7.jpg

Edited by cplhicks
Pics too BIG
  • Like 6

On 10/18/2018 at 2:31 AM, Nacnudllah said:

Averon Flamesire and his Flames of Penitence.

Those are positively badass!

---

I finally got my Boyz done! I guess instead of Ironskull, my boss' name should be Copper'ead :) These were on a hiatus since the end of July, but I thought that I'd get them finished in honor of Orktober. Really happy with how they came up! The recipes for orange and skin came from Tale of Painters' Amy, big thanks to her for sharing!

EXCWvkE.jpg

g91tOsV.jpg

• Like 11

23 hours ago, Adamcbutton said:

Just got Nightvault the other weekend and painted my first ever Warband, I’m fairly happy with how they turned out

Nice work on those Stormcasts! The blue-gray flame effects and Stormsire's head seem to have come out especially well, and that green armor is a shade I don't think I've previously seen. Your bases are also painted really well, though I would've tried some other color than green for the stones, to introduce a little more contrast.

It's also really nice to see paintjobs on the new teams. It will probably be quite a while before I'll buy Nightvault as I'm only half-way through Shadespire, but I'm still very exited for all the new warbands that have been released/teased.

Edited by mcmattila

34 minutes ago, mcmattila said:

Nice work on those Stormcasts! The blue-gray flame effects and Stormsire's head seem to have come out especially well, and that green armor is a shade I don't think I've previously seen. Your bases are also painted really well, though I would've tried some other color than green for the stones, to introduce a little more contrast.

It's also really nice to see paintjobs on the new teams. It will probably be quite a while before I'll buy Nightvault as I'm only half-way through Shadespire, but I'm still very exited for all the new warbands that have been released/teased.

Thanks! I agree about the bases, I’m thinking of repainting them real at some point

On 10/18/2018 at 1:39 AM, Daveman said:

Nightvault warbands are coming along, knocked out the Cursebreakers and Thorns.  I'm still a "lazy amateur", just a basecoat, wash and cleanup the details kind of guy but I like the results for the time spent:

MOgEbWi.jpgNQM7Bt8.jpgpuZpmXp.jpg

Is the ghosty parts just nikhalah oxide wash? What about the grey

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vaux said:

First Petitioner for my Sepulchral Guard. I was aiming for a more dirty and worn look in contrast to the bright bone color you usually see.

Enjoy.

20181024_220834.jpg

20181024_220901.jpg

nice job! really like your scheme!

Also would you mind sharing wich clors you took for the icy base? :)

thx a lot!

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 4:27 PM, Cursed said:

Really nice job you've done here! :) do you mind sharing how you did it? (wich colors and techniques used?)

Thx a lot and congrats! I really like your ice theme!

Flesh white armor steel and then just shade and glaze the colors you want and drybrush to highlight it was super fast

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, THUNDERHAMMER said:

Flesh white armor steel and then just shade and glaze the colors you want and drybrush to highlight it was super fast

which color have you took for the blue glaze? and from which company? :)

thx a lot!

Edited by Cursed

After lurking for a while it is about time I shared my progress so far:

Steelheart's Champions

20181030_193956-1008x756.jpg.8237ecf98d2ae30190c63cca84e2b4b9.jpg

Garrek's reavers

20181030_194122-1008x756.jpg.cd6ed75d585bcbdfae5258398fad4abe.jpg

Sepulchral guard

20181030_194307-1008x756.jpg.06b904f2b8cf356ce663983875503313.jpg

Ironskulls boyz

20181030_202253-1008x756.jpg.c98bfd93ea5415c35ffc77c2b941e722.jpg

The chosen axes

20181030_202410-1008x756.jpg.6b759c4a6a2efce3458f26adbd42fb3a.jpg

And upcoming (in no particular order):

Cursebreakers

Thorns of the Briar Queen

Magore's Fiends

Eyes of the Nine.

Edited by Jackman
some spelling mistakes. Curse that Phone...
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1