Could an all-Gor list work?

Goosefoot

Could a Gor-only list like this work? Not in competitive or anything, just as a decent army.

I had an idea, but I'm pretty new at this stuff so I doubt its any good. Any advice to improve it?

Allegiance: Chaos
Bilespiller (80)
Beastlord
- Man-ripper Axe & Brayshield
- Artefact: Favour of the Gods
Great Bray Shaman (90)
- Artefact: Beguiling Gem
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
10 x Gors (80)
- Gor-Blades & Beastshields
10 x Gors (80)
10 x Gors (80)
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Shortspears & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Shortspears & Half-Shields
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 2x Pair of Savage Blade
- 4x Savage Greatblade
- 4x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
1 x Tuskgor Chariots (60)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)
Wildstalker Brayherd (240)
Tzaangor Coven (90)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

All gor, you say?

Spoiler

image.jpeg.dc89630d25bdd317ac0919ded3600cda.jpeg

Jokes aside, I'm not convinced Wildstalker Brayherd is worth splitting units like that plus the extravagant 240p cost, it just seems you're sacrificing too much for it. But it's definitely better in a mixed list like this than for pure Brayherd, so go ahead and try it.

It's a shame that you can't ally in the Tzaangors into the Brayherds allegiance. One of those instances where in some ways, you'd like 'smaller factions' but have a bigger grouping for allegiance. Just seems weird that you can't ally the various versions of Gor together just because they've dedicated themselves to a particular god!

So overall, it's a kinda cool list (Although I don't really know if the Tzaangor coven is worth it). Just a shame you need to spend a ton of points and not so great unit sizes for the ambushing perspective you get out of the Wildstalker Brayherd. Just 240 points is a lot of extra Gor you could be getting!

For example, you could change up your list like this:

Spoiler

Leaders
Beastlord (80)
Great Bray Shaman (90)
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- General

Battleline
30 x Gors (210)
30 x Gors (210)
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
20 x Tzaangors (360)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened (160)

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (90)

2000 points

You're essentially getting 30 more Gor (cutting 20 Ungor) and 10 more Tzaangors in your list by dropping the Wildstalker Brayherds. Brayherds are still like super fast even without ambushing from the other side of the table also. If you decide the Coven isn't useful, it nets you an extra Bray Shaman or Beastlord.

That being said, if you want to keep the Wildstalker Brayherd, then I'd consider cutting some of the Tzaangor stuff. Perhaps the Enlightened and the Tzaangor coven could go to fit in a larger unit of Gor.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:05 PM, someone2040 said:

It's a shame that you can't ally in the Tzaangors into the Brayherds allegiance. One of those instances where in some ways, you'd like 'smaller factions' but have a bigger grouping for allegiance. Just seems weird that you can't ally the various versions of Gor together just because they've dedicated themselves to a particular god!

So overall, it's a kinda cool list (Although I don't really know if the Tzaangor coven is worth it). Just a shame you need to spend a ton of points and not so great unit sizes for the ambushing perspective you get out of the Wildstalker Brayherd. Just 240 points is a lot of extra Gor you could be getting!

For example, you could change up your list like this:

Hide contents

Leaders
Beastlord (80)
Great Bray Shaman (90)
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- General

Battleline
30 x Gors (210)
30 x Gors (210)
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
20 x Tzaangors (360)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened (160)

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (90)

2000 points

You're essentially getting 30 more Gor (cutting 20 Ungor) and 10 more Tzaangors in your list by dropping the Wildstalker Brayherds. Brayherds are still like super fast even without ambushing from the other side of the table also. If you decide the Coven isn't useful, it nets you an extra Bray Shaman or Beastlord.

That being said, if you want to keep the Wildstalker Brayherd, then I'd consider cutting some of the Tzaangor stuff. Perhaps the Enlightened and the Tzaangor coven could go to fit in a larger unit of Gor.

I would actually drop the Coven for 10 more Tzaangors (the last 10 in their 30 man unit only costs 90 points). I would then drop the Enlightened for more regular beastmen stuff.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:47 AM, Swooper said:

I must admit, I am disappointed that my Al Gore joke fell on deaf ears. I expected better of you guys.

I didn't notice the picture because of hidden content. Seems like my joke was also completely ignored XD. Perhaps a lot of people aren't familiar with Al Gore.

Archived