Stormhost Silver vs Runefang Steel

Leviathus

Hello guys!

I normally use Runefang Steel to highlight my metals but I'm not very happy about the quality of the paint (perhaps my pot is just bad). I wondered if the new Stormhost Silver is a good replacement. It looks like it's just as bright as Runefang. So, have some of you tried the new paint yet? And what are your findings?

I'm finally going to paint my liberators and I'm going for the Hallowed Knights paint scheme. I'm really glad I read this before I started, I'll definitely try Stormhost Silver in place of Runefang steel. Whilst I like the colour of Runefang I find it separates fairly quickly.

On a separate note, can anyone tell the difference between Ironbreaker and Rungang steel when it's on a model? I don't know if I have dodgy pots but the I can't see any difference!

I bought a pot of Stormhost Silver! Way better coverage, dries a bit quickly though. But overall, I'm very pleased with it.

@AdamJ The difference between Ironbreaker and Runefang is very minimal imho. Runefang is just a tad brighter. So Ironbreaker is also suitable for highlighting if you wish.

Archived