AlvinAOS

I'm guessing you went for small Bloodletter units in order to have the maximum number of units in the battalion and therefore use the ability every turn instead of just the first... Unfortunately Bloodletters aren't that powerful as a unit of 10 and it will be hard to keep that many units within 8" of the Bloodmaster anyway. When I run the Murderhost I always take a Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster. Combine his command ability with the battalion ability and the Bloodstoker and you are always getting a unit of 30 Bloodletters into combat first turn. 

I would suggest you try the list out as written and see if it works. I suspect you will find that only one or two units are able to use the ability each turn anyway, assuming the Bloodmaster isn't sniped early.  I think the battalion becomes a little expensive if that is all it does for you throughout the game however you might find a strategy to get the most out of the movement bonus.

The obvious suggestion for your list is to combine the Bloodletters into 2 x units of 30 giving you 120 points to spend on another unit (e.g. 20 x Marauders). You could also consider dropping one of the Bloodsecrators giving you 240 points to spend (e.g. Slaughterpriest and 20 x Bloodreavers). 

Archived