Tokens for AoS?

I drew these tokens for my seraphon army early on- I have a short description of what they do on the other side.  I've now used them in so many games I easily remember.  The first set were on some glossy dots I bought of amazon and they sucked to work with but it's all I had.  I found some NON-glossy from the same company and I think you'll agree that the second set (the constellations) is much better, because they actually hold the ink. 

0EC3BB1D-A63D-4C8B-906D-14EDF4934FB0.jpeg

DA5808AB-69B4-45D2-B26C-F1883EB6FC01.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

• 4 months later...
On 2/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, froo said:

For tokens, I make my own by designing tokens in whatever image program you prefer and printing them out. I've used a ton of different things (even buying acrylic tokens for other game systems) - this is a good long term solution.

As for their actual construction, I use a 1 inch circle punch and 1 inch coin capsules to encapsulate them. You can make coin tokens double sided and they're both extremely durable, but you can swap out the designs on the inside if you want.

The punch is only a couple of dollars at a craft store, the capsules you can find on dozens of eBay sellers for around $1 for 10.

I've just taken a photo so you can see what I mean. Please note, I'm no design genius, I have just gone for contrast.

IMG_0037.jpeg

hey @froo would you be so kind to share a link to the tokens that you print off? I have just ordered some tokens and a hole puncher and love the simplicity of your tokens. I am also a spiderfang player - would love to know your current list / how did your list with 2 webspinners on a-roks and the warparty go?

Edited by GlitzFan

On 2/21/2019 at 1:10 AM, froo said:

For tokens, I make my own by designing tokens in whatever image program you prefer and printing them out. I've used a ton of different things (even buying acrylic tokens for other game systems) - this is a good long term solution.

As for their actual construction, I use a 1 inch circle punch and 1 inch coin capsules to encapsulate them. You can make coin tokens double sided and they're both extremely durable, but you can swap out the designs on the inside if you want.

The punch is only a couple of dollars at a craft store, the capsules you can find on dozens of eBay sellers for around $1 for 10.

I've just taken a photo so you can see what I mean. Please note, I'm no design genius, I have just gone for contrast.

IMG_0037.jpeg

How hard it is to get the punch to align with the print accurately?

On 7/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, tom_gore said:

How hard it is to get the punch to align with the print accurately?

Super easy.  The way I do it is to use the punch upside-down and open up the flap that catches the tokens.  Like this you can pretty exactly position the cutter with the printed token.  I'd always recommend a bit of bleed however, just in case your printer doesn't print exactly 25.4mm ;)

3 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Super easy.  The way I do it is to use the punch upside-down and open up the flap that catches the tokens.  Like this you can pretty exactly position the cutter with the printed token.  I'd always recommend a bit of bleed however, just in case your printer doesn't print exactly 25.4mm ;)

Aaaah of course. Makes sense now :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gabbi said:

Depending on the spell/effect/ability, it could be quite easy to build a token out of your bitz box.

These are my Mystic Shield tokens:

Mystic-Shield-s.jpg.3f7f88903f9c70ca4bde199e6f337cb1.jpg

Damn that's a great idea. I have some spare shields knocking around, I should do that too!

• Like 1