Hello from Reading, UK

Morning all

I guess this is the obligatory/mandatory "This is me and mine" post.

I started gaming back in the distant days of Heroquest when it first launched and have been hooked ever since. While I played 40k and Warhammer for years (with the usual break for 10 years or so), dungeon crawlers and skirmish games were always what kept my interest due to the model count and fickle nature of my allegiances. I've not been a massive gamer since restarting a few years back as I find painting far more relaxing... but I am in the process of re-collecting parts for the original Warhammer Quest and Advanced Heroquest.

I wasn't all that fussed by the concept of the new Warhammer universe when it first happened, but recently I've started to read the core books and... actually I like the direction it is going in. With the ecclectic nature of dungeon crawler collections, I've got the foundation for a few very small AoS forces that can be increased easily.

Anyway... enough waffle. Hello!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10 June 2016 at 11:07 AM, endtransmission said:

Morning all

I guess this is the obligatory/mandatory "This is me and mine" post.

I started gaming back in the distant days of Heroquest when it first launched and have been hooked ever since. While I played 40k and Warhammer for years (with the usual break for 10 years or so), dungeon crawlers and skirmish games were always what kept my interest due to the model count and fickle nature of my allegiances. I've not been a massive gamer since restarting a few years back as I find painting far more relaxing... but I am in the process of re-collecting parts for the original Warhammer Quest and Advanced Heroquest.

I wasn't all that fussed by the concept of the new Warhammer universe when it first happened, but recently I've started to read the core books and... actually I like the direction it is going in. With the ecclectic nature of dungeon crawler collections, I've got the foundation for a few very small AoS forces that can be increased easily.

Anyway... enough waffle. Hello!

Hi! Just up the road from us! Get in touch if you'd like to join us on club night - third Wednesday of every month at the railway inn, Winchester. Or find us on Facebook for regular gaming meets: The Hampshire Hammerers 

Archived