What would you like the up and coming AoSRP to feature?

2 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

You mean what Cubicle 7 is preparing along with the remake of the WHRP?

Is there another ? I think Killagore means this one.

---

I wish to see a better representation of the AoS "cosmology", either trough lore, artwork or maps.

I'm not saying it's bad as of now - there is just too much interpretations possible about how the eight Realms work, and I really like this setting and want to see more !

My hopes are:

• A very comprehensive bestiary with monsters both old, new and original.
  • A detailed timeline, so that I can improve the Lexicanum's one.
  • Further development on the nature of a deity and the realms.
  • New deities. Because i'm a sucker for those.
  • A well developed setting, as in a place or group places that the RPG can focus on instead of going all over the realms without any connections.

Alas I think we should not expect any "very comprehensive" thing for AoS ;) 

GW & Cubicle 7 will keep things open, and I guess it's ok, if the fluff keep getting fleshed out as it is since Season Of War "Seeds Of Hope" and "Firestorm" (and the novels like City Of Secret, Spear Of Shadow, Hammerhal, etc.)

A well developed setting would be nice, like a Great City dedicated to the RPG (or why not Hammerhal) - they did that in 4'k with the Dark Heresy Calixis sector.

The timeline I'm not sure it's likely either - but they should introduce at least centuries in their timeline. Or expand the "Annals Celestis" thing they have for the Azyrites.

I disagree on only one point : new deities wouldn't fit the established narrative of "gods or Incarnates form the World-that-was = pantheon of the Mortal realms".

What could be done is to add more Godbeasts, or "Elemental" entities, like the Ur-Phoenix, which has aelven worshippers, or the Fulminax.

We can all agree on one thing : it will bring more fluff and details to the AoS universe, and this is great !

14 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I disagree on only one point : new deities wouldn't fit the established narrative of "gods or Incarnates form the World-that-was = pantheon of the Mortal realms".

What could be done is to add more Godbeasts, or "Elemental" entities, like the Ur-Phoenix, which has aelven worshippers, or the Fulminax.

We can all agree on one thing : it will bring more fluff and details to the AoS universe, and this is great !

Besides the AoS RPG, we know that there a lesser gods besides the incarnates. The Kurnoth Hunters worship the God Kurnoth, the Daughters of Khaine obviously have a connection to Khaine and the Kharadrons of Barak-Thyrng are still following the old ways, which includes the worship of the old gods. Also, Nagash ate the other gods of death in Shyish. 

You are right, the incarnates are the main gods but the Pantheon is not limited to these 8.

16 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Besides the AoS RPG, we know that there a lesser gods besides the incarnates. The Kurnoth Hunters worship the God Kurnoth, the Daughters of Khaine obviously have a connection to Khaine and the Kharadrons of Barak-Thyrng are still following the old ways, which includes the worship of the old gods. Also, Nagash ate the other gods of death in Shyish. 

You are right, the incarnates are the main gods but the Pantheon is not limited to these 8.

Well that's true ! If Ashendant was referring to this kind of fluffy and "racial" minor deities, then I'm all for it too ! I thought he was more suggesting a change in the big team (i.e. Sigmar, Nagash, Alarielle, Grugni, Grimnir RIP, Gorkamorka, Tyrion-Teclis and Malerion-Morathi).

But anyway, what is awesome with AoS is that every new concept or reimagination of ideas (like : the Phoenix guard of the Phoenix King changes into Aelfs worshippers of the Ur-Phoenix, a Godbeast of the Mortal Realms) can open lot's of possibilities for fluff, new miniatures and conversions.

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well that's true ! If Ashendant was referring to this kind of fluffy and "racial" minor deities, then I'm all for it too ! I thought he was more suggesting a change in the big team (i.e. Sigmar, Nagash, Alarielle, Grugni, Grimnir RIP, Gorkamorka, Tyrion-Teclis and Malerion-Morathi).

But anyway, what is awesome with AoS is that every new concept or reimagination of ideas (like : the Phoenix guard of the Phoenix King changes into Aelfs worshippers of the Ur-Phoenix, a Godbeast of the Mortal Realms) can open lot's of possibilities for fluff, new miniatures and conversions.

Yeah I didn't mean add big things to replace the main ones, just extras minor gods, like Yu'lea the three-souled serpent god that was killed by Archaon. I would like to know more about demigods since I don't think we have one of them named yet?

4 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Alas I think we should not expect any "very comprehensive" thing for AoS ;) 

GW & Cubicle 7 will keep things open, and I guess it's ok, if the fluff keep getting fleshed out as it is since Season Of War "Seeds Of Hope" and "Firestorm" (and the novels like City Of Secret, Spear Of Shadow, Hammerhal, etc.)

A well developed setting would be nice, like a Great City dedicated to the RPG (or why not Hammerhal) - they did that in 4'k with the Dark Heresy Calixis sector.

The timeline I'm not sure it's likely either - but they should introduce at least centuries in their timeline. Or expand the "Annals Celestis" thing they have for the Azyrites.

I preferred if the setting was more than just one Great City, like a specific regions in all the 8 Mortal Realms that has portals to each other. Big enough that there can forces of all 4 Grand Alliances present and playable.

Also, Fulminax?

Btw here is every mortal deity confirmed to exist in some form in the Mortal Realms universe.

Mortal Realms Deities.png

2 hours ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Don't the Spiderfang Grots have the Spider God?

Yes they do. The Spider God, or its presence, makes an appearance in the Spear of Shadows novel. It scared the heebie jeebies out of a Tzeentch Character. There was also another quick bit about The Spider God in another novel or book, but I can't seem to remember 

1 hour ago, Gorks Pokin' Finger said:

Yes they do. The Spider God, or its presence, makes an appearance in the Spear of Shadows novel. It scared the heebie jeebies out of a Tzeentch Character. There was also another quick bit about The Spider God in another novel or book, but I can't seem to remember 

I actually have yet to check out the new book, but it's on my reading list. That said, the tidbit of it scaring a Tzeentch character is both amazing and sounds insane. Makes me think of the idea for a mechanic where the player group chooses one of the Grand Alliances, each with it's own race options, and each player can also dedicate themselves to a particular god. A Human Chaos Warrior could choose Tzeentch, and a Destruction Grot can worship the Spider God. 

Just now, Ar-Pharazôn said:

A Human Chaos Warrior could choose Tzeentch, and a Destruction Grot can worship the Spider Go

Hahaha rpg are, at least in my experience, very fun because you can be part of the world and influence it. Makes me wonder who would choose the grot because even in their society they are dispised. hahaha can't imagine anything other now then a game where you are stuck carrying foodstuffs around for an ogor now ;)

7 hours ago, Ashendant said:

I preferred if the setting was more than just one Great City, like a specific regions in all the 8 Mortal Realms that has portals to each other. Big enough that there can forces of all 4 Grand Alliances present and playable.

Also, Fulminax?

Btw here is every mortal deity confirmed to exist in some form in the Mortal Realms universe.

Mortal Realms Deities.png

Great idea, for the connected eight regions of the Realms. I fear it would already be too big a setting for them to flesh-out properly (I'm in mood of "don't ask too much - won't be disappointed ;) ")

The Fulminax is an elemental from Aqshy, from the IMO excellent fluff of "Season Of War : Firestorm". Really worth it.

Where comes the reference of Necoho from ?

Oh, and Y'ulea was not from the Mortal Realms I think... It's in the part of the Everchosen BT that refers to Archaon's wars BEFORE the Dark Gods send him to conquer the Mortal Realms.

I'm really looking forward to the RPG. They said there would be adventures like "a quest that start with a trip in a Kharadron ship to reach X distant location". That's great (and been used in Spear Of Shadow ?)

51 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

A text called The Revelation Of Necoho appears in the story Auction of Blood as the core text of a sect of antitheists. Could potentially just be a call back but given the nature of the setting, with the gods interacting directly with the world far more often the existence of minor chaos deities with their own obscure cults fits quite well.

11 hours ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Don't the Spiderfang Grots have the Spider God?

It's there. The Grand Alliance Destruction book says it's an aspect of Gorkamorka so it's within the Gorkamorka parenthesis, together with Gork, Mork and the Sun-Eater.

6 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Great idea, for the connected eight regions of the Realms. I fear it would already be too big a setting for them to flesh-out properly (I'm in mood of "don't ask too much - won't be disappointed ;) ")

The Fulminax is an elemental from Aqshy, from the IMO excellent fluff of "Season Of War : Firestorm". Really worth it.

Oh, and Y'ulea was not from the Mortal Realms I think... It's in the part of the Everchosen BT that refers to Archaon's wars BEFORE the Dark Gods send him to conquer the Mortal Realms.

I'm really looking forward to the RPG. They said there would be adventures like "a quest that start with a trip in a Kharadron ship to reach X distant location". That's great (and been used in Spear Of Shadow ?)

Yeah, too big  is a problem, but too short is another. I think 8 interconnected regions of the each of the Mortal Realms(maybe 9 if you include the Realm of Chaos) is ideal. Or they could deal with Sub-Realms since those exist in the setting.

Is he a god? I wish we had more editors with a wider variety of books so we could add more info to the lexi.

As before he was just indirectly mentioned, but it proves that he exists in the Mortal Realms.

It is? I don't have the book itself and when I wrote that article I had to use second hand sources. Still, if that's true I don't know where to shove him.

It's definitely a cool idea, but i'm not really into adventures, i'm more into bestiaries.

9 hours ago, Ashendant said:

It's there. The Grand Alliance Destruction book says it's an aspect of Gorkamorka so it's within the Gorkamorka parenthesis, together with Gork, Mork and the Sun-Eater.

16 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

No, it's not. It is how they perceive him for all the Destruction forces worship Gorkamorka in a different way. For the Ironjawz it's Gorkamorka / Gork and Mork as intended, a god of war. For Bonesplitterz it's a great beast hunter. For beastclaw ogors - snowy predator that comes in the snowstormy night. For Gutbusters - a hunger god. For firebellies - a Sun Eater. For maneaters - a lonely wanderer. For moonclan - a god that tried to eat the moon (which he failed, but because of this the moonclan grots have their mountains to live in). For spiderfangs it's a god who was wounded by a spider which gave this spider a portion of the Gorkamorka's power, that's why spiderfangs adore little (or not so little) eight-legged predators as much as him - sometimes to the point of forgetting Gorkamorka (it's described in the "Godbeasts" campaign book). So actually the spider god does not really exist as he could have in the old world, but for grots it's nothing, they just worship spiders along with Gorkamorka (which is logical, their lives depend on them) and live happily. Dixi.

3 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

No, it's not. It is how they perceive him for all the Destruction forces worship Gorkamorka in a different way. For the Ironjawz it's Gorkamorka / Gork and Mork as intended, a god of war. For Bonesplitterz it's a great beast hunter. For beastclaw ogors - snowy predator that comes in the snowstormy night. For Gutbusters - a hunger god. For firebellies - a Sun Eater. For maneaters - a lonely wanderer. For moonclan - a god that tried to eat the moon (which he failed, but because of this the moonclan grots have their mountains to live in). For spiderfangs it's a god who was wounded by a spider which gave this spider a portion of the Gorkamorka's power, that's why spiderfangs adore little (or not so little) eight-legged predators as much as him - sometimes to the point of forgetting Gorkamorka (it's described in the "Godbeasts" campaign book). So actually the spider god does not really exist as he could have in the old world, but for grots it's nothing, they just worship spiders along with Gorkamorka (which is logical, their lives depend on them) and live happily. Dixi.

It's not just people that worship a deity, in this case Gorkamorka, differently. One thing that's becoming consistent in the deities of the realms is that the same deity can take different aspects, different in both form and personality. The biggest examples of this I've been told is from Spear of Shadows with Nagash-Morr and Worm-Sigmar. Through there does seem to be a central aspect that is the most powerful within a deity.

Spiderfang Grots worship Spider-God, which is an "fell arachnid aspect of Gorkamorka", according to the very first sentence in their section of the Grand Alliance of Destruction. They worship the Spider-God as an individual independent of Gorkamorka, but still part of Gorkamorka. Which not that I think about it might just be exactly like the Trinity.

https://warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture9/722/20160428_145122.jpg

11 hours ago, Ashendant said:

Spiderfang Grots worship Spider-God, which is an "fell arachnid aspect of Gorkamorka", according to the very first sentence in their section of the Grand Alliance of Destruction.

True. But as I've said, in the "Godbeasts" campaign book it's stated that the local spiderfangs of the Arachnia in the Great Green Torc have long forgotten Gorkamorka because they tended to hide more than to fight, and just worshipped spiders to the point of forgetting GM. That's why SC tricked them into fierce fighting so that the grots actually remember that are the sons of the god of war, not hiding, and it worked, when they came to help the SC fight the worshippers of Nurgle. This moment caught my attention immediately, I liked that idea very much. Especially the lines that says something like "after the grots victory you could swear you heard some voice laugh in the distance", indicating that GM was probably pleased by all of this.

1 hour ago, Menkeroth said:

True. But as I've said, in the "Godbeasts" campaign book it's stated that the local spiderfangs of the Arachnia in the Great Green Torc have long forgotten Gorkamorka because they tended to hide more than to fight, and just worshipped spiders to the point of forgetting GM. That's why SC tricked them into fierce fighting so that the grots actually remember that are the sons of the god of war, not hiding, and it worked, when they came to help the SC fight the worshippers of Nurgle. This moment caught my attention immediately, I liked that idea very much. Especially the lines that says something like "after the grots victory you could swear you heard some voice laugh in the distance", indicating that GM was probably pleased by all of this.

Interesting ! Now I remember this part of the book.

But I think Ashendant and you are both right : what you said refer to a particular group of Spiderfang (those living on the Great Green Torc), and the main fluff for the whole faction is that they worship a specific aspect of Gorkamorka, which is the Spider-god aspect.

I think it's cool to have both ways ; a main background with different variations about it to create different subcultures.

Well, certainly. After all, GW had to explain why the grots adore spiders and it worked :D in the old world gigantic spiders looked silly, to put it mild, but here it's quite normal plus I like the myth of the spiderfangs about a spider biting Gorkamorka and all this stuff. It adds flavor to the faction.

Archived