Official WHQ Adversary Cards Summoned!

Mr. White

Here's a list of the cards, in case anyone was wondering. I've highlighted the brand new ones in blue and existing ones that (I think) are changed in orange!

Judging by the cards seen so far, all the Mighty Adversaries now are accompanied by a specified type of other Adversary as well.

Disciples of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (Mighty Adversary)
Herald of Tzeentch (Mighty Adversary)
Ogroid Thaumaturge
Kairic Acolytes
Tzaangors
Tzaangor Skyfires
Tzaangor Enlightened
Horrors of Tzeentch
Screamers of Tzeentch
Flamers of Tzeentch
Exhalted Flamer of Tzeentch
Familiars

Nurgle
Lord of Plagues (Mighty Adversary)
Herald of Nurgle (Mighty Adversary)
Putrid Blightkings
Plaguebearers
Nurglings

Khorne
Slaughterpriest (Mighty Adversary)
Skull Grinder (Mighty Adversary)
Deathbringer (Mighty Adversary)
Bloodreavers
Blood Warriors
Wrathmongers
Skullreapers
Bloodletters

Skaven
Warlord (Mighty Adversary)
Grey Seer (Mighty Adversary)
Pack Master
Rat Ogres
Deathrunners
Night Runners
Clan Rats
Stormvermin
Plague Monks
Giant Rats

Slaves to Darkness
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (Mighty Adversary)
Chaos Lord (Mighty Adversary)
Chaos Warriors
Chaos Marauders

Other Adversaries
Grot Scuttlings

RANDOM DUNGEONS: These are the rules I’ve been using to create fully random dungeons. First, I mix the ST and SOH tiles, randomly draw one, and place it as the dungeon entry. If a room has multiple exits I randomize (1,2,3 on 1D6) at each portal/doorway to find out if they’re blocked. On a 4,5,6, they are unblocked and when the party passes through another random tile is placed. Each room might have a Random Room Effect, and will have Random Adversaries. Only when they are defeated do you roll on the Random Treasures Chart. Note that you might want to change numbers on random rolls depending on the power level of your Heroes (not all are created equal).

RANDOM ROOM EFFECTS: On a 1,2,3,4 (on 1D6) they are a normal room. On a 5,6 they have one of the following random effects, rolled on a second 1D6. If rooms get too hard, tweak random effects to suit.

1 = Piles of skulls and broken weapons. -1 to all Hero Agility

2 = Slime and bones everywhere. -2 to all Hero Agility

3 = Dancing magical flames. -1 to all Hero Movement

4 = Spiked floor and walls. -2 to all Hero Movement

5 = Mushrooms and fungus growing everywhere. +1 to all Enemy Agility (peps them up)

6 = Steam geysers. +1 to all Enemy Movement (the know where they are and dodge them)

RANDOM TREASURES: Roll 1D6, and feel free to modify this to suit difficulty

1,2,3,4 = Nothing

5 = 1 Gold

6 = 1 Treasure

RANDOM ADVERSARIES: The following charts are based on the new Chaos Adversary Cards. If you don’t have a particular model, replace a selected one with a different model to suit your collection. Roll the first D6 again, and keep the second roll (more difficult adversaries are at the end of each chart, and this ensures you have a similar power level).

For Low Difficulty, roll 2D6 (different colors) for each random encounter and reference the Random Enemies charts below. The number of enemies that appear is indicated in each entry.

For Medium Difficulty, Mighty Adversaries have a * after them. If rolled up, roll a further 1D6. On a 1,2,3, add 1D3 of MINIONS (on a 4,5,6, no Minions join a Mighty Adversary) – then roll again on the SAME chart, ignoring any *s, until a Minion option appears.

For High Difficulty, Mighty Adversaries have a * after them. If rolled up, roll a further 1D6. On a 1,2 add 1D6 Minions, and on 3 add 2D6 of MINIONS (on a 4,5,6, no Minions join a Mighty Adversary) – then roll again on the SAME chart, ignoring any *s, until a Minion option appears.

To Make Things Easier, you could add a Random Ally (optional, perhaps for High Difficulty): IF you roll a 6,6, roll one more D6. On 5,6, roll instead on the Random Ally Chart. This chart is listed at the end.

RANDOM ENEMIES CHARTS: Note that for starting Heroes, 2D6 numbers can be changed to 1D6, and if you don’t prefer charts you can also pull out the new Chaos Adversary Cards for miniatures you don’t have, and just randomly draw 1 to 3, based on a 1D3 roll. For Minions, you might also want to roll 2D6 for the number in their roving band.

FIRST D6=1 – KHORNE FOCUS

1,1 = 2D6 Blood Reavers

1,2 = 2D6 Blood Warriors

1,3 = 2D6 Wrathmongers

1,4 = 1 Bloodsecrator* OR 1 Slaughterpriest/Spear*

1,5 = 1 Slaughterpriest/Blade*

1,6 – 1 Lord of Chaos*

FIRST D6=2 – NURGLE FOCUS

2,1 = 2D6 Grot Scuttlings

2,2 = 1D3 Nurgling bases

2,3 = 2D6 Plaguebearers

2,4 = 2D6 Putrid Blightkings

2,5 = 1 Herald of Nurgle*

2,6 = 1 Lord of Plagues*

FIRST D6=3 – TZEENTCH FOCUS

3,1 = 2D6 Kairic Acolytes

3,2 = 2D6 Tzaangors

3,3 = 1D3 Tzaangor Skyfires

3,4 = 1D6 Screamers of Tzeentch

3,5 = 1 Herald of Tzeentch*

3,6 = 1 Ogroid Thaumaturge*

FIRST D6=4 – SKAVEN FOCUS

4,1 = 2D6 Night Runners

4,2 = 2D6 Plague Monks

4,3 = 1D3 Deathrunners

4,4 = 1D3 Rat Ogres

4,5 = 1 Grey Seer*

4,6 = 1 Skaven Warlord*

FIRST D6=5 – TZEENTCH FOCUS

5,1 = 2D6 Blue Horrors

5,2 = 1D6 Pink Horrors

5,3 = 1D6 Flamers of Tzeentch

5,4 = 1 Exhalated Flamer of Tzeentch*

5,5 = 1 Herald of Tzeentch*

5,6 = 1 Gaunt Summoner*

FIRST D6=6 – KHORNE FOCUS

6,1 = 2D6 Bloodletters

6,2 = 2D6 Chaos Warriors

6,3 = 2D6 Skullreapers

6,4 = 1 Deathbringer*

6,5 = 1 Skull Grinder*

6,6 = 1 Chaos Sorcerer Lord*

RANDOM ALLY CHART: you roll a 6,6, roll one more D6. On 5,6, roll instead on the Random Ally Chart (any ally remains with your group throughout the game, but if you gather more than one the first will stray away). You can modify this chart to suit your model collection, and these all use existing Hero Cards, but you could also draw one at random from that deck instead of rolling on this chart.

1 = Oldblood

2 = Unforged

3 =Nomad Prince

4 = White Dwarf

5 = Gryphound

6 = Star Priest

I have the cards if anyone has any general questions!

(I'm not quoting specific rules though, just to be clear).

Three quick observations that stuck out to me quickly about these cards;

1 - The number of Adversaries generated in a group has gone up for many of them, 1d6 >2d6, 2d6 > 3d6. It's very much a case of buying the equivalent AoS kit and being able to use most of them.

2 - All the Mighty Adversaries (bar one, the Ogroid Thauaturge) are accompanied by a specified Exotic Adversary group, albeit with less number, Still, ouch!

3 - There's also a card that quickly explains how to use these cards in games, as well as an easy method for randomising Adversaries .

Aside from an odd choice here and there, I'm liking these!

I'm curious if anyone plans on using all these new adversaries in Silver Tower. I mean, they seem like they would all be perfect for Hammerhal, but Silver Tower is so Tzeentch specific. Maybe the Gaunt one also summons a skaven or nurgle horde in one level to challenge the heroes?

It's already established there's a number of non-Tzeentchian foes that are trapped in the Silver Tower; Grot Scuttlings, Skaven Deathrunner etc.

It's not too far a leap of logic to imagine other foes stuck in the Silver Tower as well, especially magic users such as an ambitious Chaos Sorceror Lord or Grey Seer trying to steal the Gaunt Summoner's power.

It would of been easier if the layouts of the boards from Silver Tower and Hammerhal were the same, to mix and match - but the Silver Tower ones have a border around the squares like classic WHQ. 

Archived