The Painting Contract -November 2017

Mohojoe

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first painting contract so hopefully this will encourage me to finally finish some of my projects. 

So my goal is to build and paint the following; 

• Screaming bell
  • 2 skaven warpfire thrower teams
  • 20 Clan rats

For me in this November..

Build and Paint 2 x Beastclaw Raider Starter 

Build and Paint 6 x endrinrigger

Build and Paint 12 x Tzeentch Skyfire

Build and Paint 2 x Tzaangor Shaman

;)

btw this is my first painting contact and i hope i'll do my best for the job.

In prep for a tournament i'll do the following:

1. arachnarok howdah goblins (i think there's 6 of them)
  2. arachnarok base
  3. general base
  4. finish general gobbo and arachnarok gobbo
  5. add black rim to bases for whole army. 
  6. glue broken models back together with better glue

On 11/1/2017 at 6:40 AM, Grif said:

This is my first painting contract so hopefully this will encourage me to finally finish some of my projects. 

So my goal is to build and paint the following; 

• Screaming bell
  • 2 skaven warpfire thrower teams
  • 20 Clan rats

That’s a solid chunk! So you’ll have your work cut out for you. 

I’m looking forward to seeing your progress :)

(I think I hear the Grey Seer chittering ... something about “Paint-paint quick-quick man-thing...” :D )

Yeah, Shadespire coming out has influenced my plans for the month.  While I'm not grabbing the core game yet, I did pre-order the Ironjawz pack from my FLGS, and will include that in my upcoming painting goal.

So, now, I have updated my project list as thus:

1. First, finish up October's models: 5 Ardboys and 3 Gore-gruntas
  2. Touch up and detail work for October models (brightening colors, eyes/teeth, special effects on Shaman/Warchanter)
  3. Next, paint up last three Gore-gruntas
  4. Assemble Shadespire Warband and non-GW Dragon model
  5. Prime Shadespire Warband (weather pending)
  6. Begin painting remaining Brutes, Gargant, and Shadespire Warband

I'll try to stick to that order, as time permits.  I was able to get some work done last night and the night before on items 1 and 2.  With any luck, I can get a lot more done this weekend amidst the housework.

My list of to-do items for November:

• Lord Castellant - paint
  • Lord Veritant - assemble and paint
  • Celestial Hurricanum - assemble and paint
  • Luminark of Hysh - assemble and paint
  • 3 Vanguard Palladors - paint
  • 1 Anointed rider for a Frostheart Phoenix (using Neave Blacktalon model) - paint

More as I think of it...

Got the stormcasts and blood reavers done, picked up and built the skellies and ironjawz. Like this approach to painting. 3-7 models as I am forever switching from one project to the next. Might make up some small war bands from other factions.

89E6B896-B804-4626-953F-FFAC319DB13B.jpeg

759B6F29-3B38-42BA-8270-203FDB7B9025.jpeg

3EF82C76-68B3-4655-B2DD-0977AF3E6A53.jpeg

1C8C31FA-0A3F-445D-BCE8-F42B92E3C02B.jpeg

I finished the Archmage a couple of days ago.

IMG_20171104_161755.jpg.342a3653d41b1012c54b884e6a4e4c39.jpg

More pictures and commentary here. Also based the griffon rider, but no pictures until I paint him which won't be for a while. Started the Tzaangors next, going slowly but I've got the colours figured out at least.

13 hours ago, Charles said:

I am struggling hard this month, haven’t had a minute free to paint yet.

Applying for a promotion at work and finishing decorating the house has taken all my time.  As soon as I get a chance those Reavers are getting highlighted! 

Holidays can definitely be a challenge... Don’t forget that you can always adjust your pledge.

Make it manageable with your other known responsibilities and know that we have all been there :) even if it finishing one color that’s forward progress B|

Alternately, consider stealth painting :ph34r: by taking some time for yourself to relax with all that you’ve got going on! 

My pledge this month has been derailed slightly. Once these gorgeous brutes showed up everything else got pushed to the back of the painting table. Hopefully I'll get the other three done as quickly and still have time for the stuff I actually pledged

IMAG2854.jpg

10 minutes ago, cannymalavera said:

Rolling over last month's goal of completing all my Gorechosen (and maybe make a start on some Blood Reavers). Only have one left to do so should be able to get it done this time :D.

Getting the last one completed can be a challenge ... but they look great when they all get out on the table together!

Im looking forward to seeing the completed unit. :) (I still have all my Gorechosen from the boardgame still to paint .... so I’m right there with you! And I still need to get the Gaunt Summoner and Familiars done .... 9_9 )

Archived