customize your shadespire

tea_wild_owl

Hi all,

I want this to be a place to post and to collect ideas how you customize your shadespire warband or board :)

I'll start with some markers for blocked terrain that I build, so that it is easier to identify these tiles. and it looks nicer on the board :)

and I changed weapon and shield for my female stormcast ^^

20171027_223439.png

20171028_101310.png

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those blocket terrain piece look amazing! Did you scratch make them or found something to dissect?

Im waiting for a big pack of MDF hexes to arrive so I can get started with my 3d boards, ordered enough to make 4 complete boards and some spares to go. Want to at least try make a good looking hex grid with some details and greeble. I was initially going to build the blocked terrain into the boards but seeing yours im thinking maybe loose pieces is better and definitely easier to store!

Havent thought much about objectives yet aside from the very obvious D20 one, ill have to hunt for a good looking D20 :D 

Keep this updated, again those pieces look stunning!

1 hour ago, Attackmack said:

I was initially going to build the blocked terrain into the boards but seeing yours im thinking maybe loose pieces is better and definitely easier to store!

Not to mention easier when you want to play on the reverse side of the board :P 

4 hours ago, Attackmack said:

Those blocket terrain piece look amazing! Did you scratch make them or found something to dissect?

Im waiting for a big pack of MDF hexes to arrive so I can get started with my 3d boards, ordered enough to make 4 complete boards and some spares to go. Want to at least try make a good looking hex grid with some details and greeble. I was initially going to build the blocked terrain into the boards but seeing yours im thinking maybe loose pieces is better and definitely easier to store!

Havent thought much about objectives yet aside from the very obvious D20 one, ill have to hunt for a good looking D20 :D 

Keep this updated, again those pieces look stunning!

thanks, they are scratch build, cut plastic hexagon and glued cork and other stuff on it :) I am thinking on doing objectives as well, but this could be tricky with models moving on it.

2 hours ago, zabbraxas said:

I'm working on my terrain piece too.

Your's are amazing, maybe a little to jungly for shadespire but who care

I experimented with sone stuff, these are themed as the old park area of the city maybe ? :)

7 hours ago, tea_wild_owl said:

thanks, they are scratch build, cut plastic hexagon and glued cork and other stuff on it :) I am thinking on doing objectives as well, but this could be tricky with models moving on it.

I experimented with sone stuff, these are themed as the old park area of the city maybe ? :)

Did you make the broken statue pieces by hand :o

On 10/29/2017 at 2:19 PM, Attackmack said:

They are 52mm flat-to-flat.

I can locate 45mm hexes and 50mm hexes. Not 52mm. Seems 50mm is my best bet then...

How many blocked hexes are there in all? Can we get a photo of both sides of the boards (if double sided)?

2 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

I can locate 45mm hexes and 50mm hexes. Not 52mm. Seems 50mm is my best bet then...

How many blocked hexes are there in all? Can we get a photo of both sides of the boards (if double sided)?

2 boards have 3 blocked hexes, one is 1-2 the other 3. Then there is Shardfall that can block a space too for a while.

2 hours ago, Mr. White said:

I found 50 and 55mm hexes, decided on 50 as they, with a bit of spacing, should be roughly the same size as the original boards. And still big enough to hold the minis and some details. 

10 minutes ago, Attackmack said:

I found 50 and 55mm hexes, decided on 50 as they, with a bit of spacing, should be roughly the same size as the original boards. And still big enough to hold the minis and some details. 

Are you making a whole 3d board or have I misunderstood? When you say hold the minis...

I bought some hexes that fit EXACTLY the board, these are the mdf I bought:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/2mm-MDF-Wargaming-Base-Bases-Round-Square-Rectangular-Hexagonal-Octagonal/182626899121?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=485187785059&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I chose 60mm because they measure from corner to corner.

I initially bought some from them and bought them 50mm but because they measure from "corner" to "corner" instead of from flat side to flat side they were much smaller. The 60mm ones fit perfectly.

Archived