Hello everyone, it's my first time to post on this forum.

I've noticed after the GHB17's release that Greasus Goldtooth has been removed as an unquie character and changed to Overtyrant, however he has become a lot better with his ability 'Everyone Has Their Price. His move 3 and only roll to a dice when declaring to charge is mess but when he is general in your army with Destruction alliegance, with that command trait Ravager and battle trait makes him to increase his movement, at hero phase he can roll for Rampaging Destroyers, 3+ then he can move up to 6" if there are is enemy model within 12" of him. I mean he can be very useful in army's strategy if you use him correct with his abilities. Also with his Crown will decrease enemy units with -1 bravery within 14" of him when taking a battleshock test. He has 4 attacks with 3 to hit and wound and has -2 rend and makes D6 damage... 2+ to hit and wound if you have taken Battle Brew. I never forget that he has damaged Megaboss on Maw with 10 by 2 attacks.

There is a lot reason why I would pick Overtyrant than Tyrant with no different cost of point.

Just a thing I don't like him is that he is in Ogre Kingdoms.. he should be in Gutbusters if his name is Overtyrant. I can see Tyrant is a great hero and makes good damage, his movement and save but I feel that Overtyrant can do more than him, though of same cost of point.

I love Greasus Goldtooth model, I should start crying if the model is unplayable in Age of Sigmar...

Just make sure that you don't read his old warscroll at WH AoS app, his ability sucked then, take a check on Ogre Kingdoms rules at GW site if you haven't taken a look.. or I can upload a warscroll I made myself for an A5 paper.

Overtyrant.png

@Lolpatrol Of course no problem!

My list at the tournament:

Destruction army, destruction alliegance

Overtyrant - general, trait: Ravager, artefact: Battle Brew
Huskard on Thundertusk
Huskard on Thundertusk
Butcher with the cauldron

3x Ogors - battleline
3x Ogors - battleline
10x Orruks (greenskinz bowmen) - battleline
3x Leadbelchers
6x Ironguts
1x Gorger

1990/2000 pts

I have to admit i completely missed the new version of his bribe ability.

It is pretty decent now

(Was considering bringing greasus and bribing people with donuts lol)

And  he can do up to 24 damage with his scepter in one round.

The regular tyrant can get up to 18  dmg whilst also having the brilliant command ability+more mobility

So i would argue its a toss up between the two.

But good to hear hes actually worth it now!

EDIT:  he does have the gutbuster keyword as well which should mean he should be available for gutbusters? But he isnt on the app..

1 hour ago, sirflukesalot said:

I have to admit i completely missed the new version of his bribe ability.

It is pretty decent now

(Was considering bringing greasus and bribing people with donuts lol)

And  he can do up to 24 damage with his scepter in one round.

The regular tyrant can get up to 18  dmg whilst also having the brilliant command ability+more mobility

So i would argue its a toss up between the two.

But good to hear hes actually worth it now!

EDIT:  he does have the gutbuster keyword as well which should mean he should be available for gutbusters? But he isnt on the app..

Yeah! That's awesome to set him up on the battlefield. "The fattest king ever I've seen" must feel good to hear that :D

Nope he doesn't have the gutbuster keyword anymore, his keyword has been updated and the gutbusters removed.. You can find him on the app, just write Overtyrant, Greasus is the old news and is gone forever. But the problem is that his ability and keyword on app hasn't updated, only his name was updated from Greasus Goldtooth to Overtyrant, come on GW who is lazy. I personally should make a minor house rules; Add gutbuster to Overtyrant's keyword. He can't be sticked on the Ogre Kingdoms with poor Bruiser Standard Bearer list if his name was just Overtyrant..

You can check this pdf where he has been updated after GHB17's release day.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-ogre-kingdoms-en.pdf

I noticed that the warscroll on app has been updated, just if you did remove something cache or date files on your phone then it will be resetted and you can see his warscroll correct.

I love how Overtyrant can do with his bribe, look, if you use Yhetees or Thundertusk in your army and you know their ability which makes -1 hit in combat when enemy targets them and make sure your Overtyrant use bribe to subract 1 hit, then it will also make a lot harder to hit on Yhetees! or Thundertusk! Like Orruk Brutes have to hit on 5+, Vulkyire Berzekers 6+.. ftw! B|

Archived