[Shadespire] Going through all the warbands

Elmir

I've recently bought the Shadespire starterbox and I absolutely love the models so far. I'm hoping to do all the warbands they release, but I have to start somewhere... So I kicked things off with the posterboys:

pnVLJxR.jpg?1

Fun models to do. It was actually nice to paint polished clean gold. Hope you like them! The reavers will follow quite soon. 

• Like 9

• 5 months later...

My sepulchral guard got finished: 

Qo8QNre.jpg

And I also update the paintjobs on my first 2 warbands: 

First, the diversity inspector came by to check on the reavers: 

W9mU5AD.jpg

While steelheart's champions received some very minor touch ups, mostly on the face and hair. 

hNc2LEd.jpg

• Like 9

They are from a miniatures blog run by a mate: http://corvusminiatures.blogspot.be/2010/04/cloud-backdrops-for-your-miniature.html

I printed them on A2 Satin photo paper... (It's vulnerable to damage though, I often have to touch up damage via photoshop, but only on the background... Things like scratches, gauges etc). Mind you, printing a single background like that was around €16 each here, so it's not a very cheap option. 

I've also picked up a cheap, fold-able lightbox. And I still use a very old (like 7 years old I believe) compact camera, but one that can go full manual mode and take RAW pictures (it was fairly high-end in it's days). 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 2 more! The fyreslayers and ironjawz. I decided to base the fyreslayers on the World of warcraft Dark Iron Dwarves: 

ifz2T4S.jpg

mCUepmY.jpg

These models were a lot of fun to paint. Especially the dwarves who actually have very dynamic poses for such short stubby guys! :D

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

multiple layers of the water based version of army painter's dark tone wash... IIIRC, they got between 3-7 layers (although 7 was too much... Most of the shading/highlighting got lost in the proces (I believe that model is named Karsus).  They all started with the same skintone, the wash just made it darker and darker. 

3 hours ago, Urauloth said:

Really great work on all these warbands. The Duardin look good in that scheme, the high contrast suits the minis.

What did you end up using for the dark skintones on your reavers?

On 5/13/2018 at 10:27 PM, Soulsmith said:

How did you manage that tone on the orruk armour?

It starts with leadbelcher, gets a army painter dark tone wash, get a mix of rust pigments in a Matt varnish binder, a second coat of dark tone and final highlights/scratches of steel paint.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Absolutely love your work, great paint job. 

I am thinking of doing the same for the skin of the fyreslayers ... I think it looks great, give a kind a forged look for them. CAn you tell how you did it (if you don't mind copying the style)