Shadespire community FAQ

zabbraxas

If you got any question feel free to ask it here.

- if Brightshield was attack, she block, become inspired, can she use is furious parry reaction for this attack ?

Page 13 of the Rulebook says “If a fighter is Inspired as a result of an action, the fighter becomes inspired after that action is complete.”Which would mean that the entirity of the attack action would have to be complete, including the failure, so Brightshield wouldn’t be able to react to it. 

-Sigmar's Bulwark: "Score this in an end phase if none of your fighters suffered any damage in the preceding action phase." Can I score this if one of my fighters was damaged and then healed for the full amount (and all the other fighters unharmed)?

No he take dammage

-should the discard pile be face-up or can it be face-down? 

Face-up: At p.25 where it described the steps of the end phase it does state that cards that are discarded are placed "face up in a discard pile" and I would assume this means that cards in discard piles are open information and you are free to check the cards in any discard pile whenever you wish.

- Is it possible to activate and attack with the same character multiple times during the activation sequence, so long as that character hasn't moved?

Yes: A model can attack and defend as much as the player like

- To buy upgrades you spend glory points but are they counted at the end of the 3rd round?

Yes Spent glory points still count towards your final glory tally to determine the winner of the game.

- you can keep a Guard on a warrior even if he/she attacks or moves later on in the same phase ?

Yes

-Does Steelheart's upgrade "Heroic Stride" trigger after an enemy fighter moves or after the entire activation, before the power step begins?

the card should actually say "Action" instead of "activation". the ennemy fighter make is activation, when his activation is done you make the reaction and after that the power step begins

-the card"Fuelled by Slaughter" if an action or power card would kill a warrior, a friendly warrior could perform an attack, does this include warriors that already charged ?

Yes, a model who charged can attack but he can't be activated again. This is an out-of-activation attack which isn't specifically stopped.

-If I had 2 hammers would i only have one success of my enemy had NO luck and zero shields/crits?

Yes, you are either successful with your attack, or you're not successful. Multiple Successes from the same roll, does not constitute multiplying damage.

-An attack action that targets each enemy within 1 hits steelheart first. This attack fails and steelheart performs the fatal reposte reaction, killing the attacker.Does this reaction (and death of the attacker) prevent the attacker from finishing his combat and hitting the rest of the opponents within 1 hex?

Its after the attack action has been resolved, therefore, after the other player has performed his attack against all enemys adyacent to him, then the fatal reposte resolves.  

-Brightshield has an upgrade that puts her and all friendly models adjacent to her on guard.How does this work?

Block does this for an Action, what this means is that all the effects thake up an Action and thus basically open another choice for Action (point) use. If it is used she and any adjecent friendly warrior go on Guard. This means that one to two other models can be put on Guard for one Action.

-"Righteous Strike" can the reaction can be triggered by itself

No, by courtesy but ine the rule they are nothing that prevent you to make only one reaction per even

-"Flickering Image" which reads, Reaction: After an Attack action made by this fighter that scores a critical hit, you can push them up to two hexes. Does that mean I push MY fighter up to two hexes, or, the target(s) of my attack up to two hexes?

Its your fighter

-Can i use "Swift Strike" to put me in range of combat?

No, Swift Strike has the Reaction that before you make an Attack Action you can push the model once hex. Currently the rules still state that in order to make an Attack Action you should still have a legal Attack Action option before that. Based on weapon range.(page 3 for more detail)

Edited by zabbraxas
  • Like 2

i think i read it somewhere but  can't find it back

should the discard pile be face-up or can it be face-down? 

it can make a hudge difference if i see my oponent discard khorne champion  i will try butcher is guyz in the last turn if i can't see it i'm gonna be more careful

• Like 1

Great questions!

1. I agree with your initial thake on the Inspired rule, I think most do. It means being inspired doesn't also set a "hidden" Reaction.
2. I think the discard pile should be face up and open information. However I believe it isn't explicitly covered yet. At some point it likely will but both are optional.

Eventual awnsers to question two could be:
A. You do not have that information, you do have the information of your opponents decklist so you can remember cards by yourself.
B. You do have the open information and you are allowed to browse through their discard piles to know which Objectives have been met and check if everything played out correctly once errors occur.

I personally am a fan of as much open information as possible, for clearity of players and judges.

Sigmar's Bulwark: "Score this in an end phase if none of your fighters suffered any damage in the preceding action phase."

Can I score this if one of my fighters was damaged and then healed for the full amount (and all the other fighters unharmed)? I would say No because even if it was healed the fighter DID suffer damage. Whats your take?

8 minutes ago, Attackmack said:

Sigmar's Bulwark: "Score this in an end phase if none of your fighters suffered any damage in the preceding action phase."

Can I score this if one of my fighters was damaged and then healed for the full amount (and all the other fighters unharmed)? I would say No because even if it was healed the fighter DID suffer damage. Whats your take?

I go like I do on Magic, I think we must follow precisely what is marked on the card and on the way it was formulated. So if you have suffered damage the objective is not valid.

12 hours ago, zabbraxas said:

i think i read it somewhere but  can't find it back

should the discard pile be face-up or can it be face-down? 

it can make a hudge difference if i see my oponent discard khorne champion  i will try butcher is guyz in the last turn if i can't see it i'm gonna be more careful

At p.25 where it described the steps of the end phase it does state that cards that are discarded are placed "face up in a discard pile" and I would assume this means that cards in discard piles are open information and you are free to check the cards in any discard pile whenever you wish.

I see no other reason for having them face up :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Attackmack said:

No, healing potion wouldn’t change the fact that they suffered damage. 

Funnily enough, though, if your whole warband is dead before a phase begins, you could score it, because none of them would be taking damage that phase.

• Like 1

Is it possible to activate and attack with the same character multiple times during the activation sequence, so long as that character hasn't moved?

example:

My steelheart is surrounded by 3 bloodbound guys 

- my activation I choose steelheart and I attack with him

-opponent then goes for his activation

- back to my activation, I activate steeheart again to attack

so is this legal?

from what i've read, you just cannot charge and move in the same activation with the same character

3 hours ago, ReynakZhen said:

Is it possible to activate and attack with the same character multiple times during the activation sequence, so long as that character hasn't moved?

example:

My steelheart is surrounded by 3 bloodbound guys 

- my activation I choose steelheart and I attack with him

-opponent then goes for his activation

- back to my activation, I activate steeheart again to attack

so is this legal?

from what i've read, you just cannot charge and move in the same activation with the same character

I believe you can attack as many times as you wish unless you have charged, which prevents that model from taking any other actions.  You can only make a single charge and move action, but a regular move won't prevent you from attacking later on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ReynakZhen said:

It is possible to use multiple Actions to Attack multiple times. What is required for this is that the target didn't charge. 

A model can charge once, then it cannot be activated again that turn. A charge is essentially a move and attack in one go. 
A model can move once.
A model can attack and defend as much as the player like. Keep in mind though there are actions that remove defend bonusses.

Edited by Killax
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Attackmack said:

At p.25 where it described the steps of the end phase it does state that cards that are discarded are placed "face up in a discard pile" and I would assume this means that cards in discard piles are open information and you are free to check the cards in any discard pile whenever you wish.

I see no other reason for having them face up :)

thanks

Question.

To buy upgrades you spend glory points but are they counted at the end of the 3rd round? To me if you spend it you don't have it anymore but saw few battlereports where people count spent points.

It may give some tactical options. You need to manage and decide if that upgrade is really worth it.

2 hours ago, plasticgoblin said:

Question.

To buy upgrades you spend glory points but are they counted at the end of the 3rd round? To me if you spend it you don't have it anymore but saw few battlereports where people count spent points.

It may give some tactical options. You need to manage and decide if that upgrade is really worth it.

I dont think its stated in the rules anywhere but Im pretty sure that spent glory count for victory, why else would you turn the token over instead of returning it to the box?

• Like 1

Hi, new guy here, but excited to be a part of this community.

I've recently bought Shadespire, and was wondering about people's interpretation of the "Guard" keyword.

The way I read it is, that as long as you don't charge, you can keep a Guard on a warrior even if he/she attacks or moves later on in the same phase.

Is this correct?

4 hours ago, plasticgoblin said:

Question.

Spent glory points still count towards your final glory tally to determine the winner of the game.

1 hour ago, Marshal_Law said:

Hi, new guy here, but excited to be a part of this community.

I've recently bought Shadespire, and was wondering about people's interpretation of the "Guard" keyword.

The way I read it is, that as long as you don't charge, you can keep a Guard on a warrior even if he/she attacks or moves later on in the same phase.

Is this correct?

I think so yes, guard stays with the warrior until the end of the phase or until they make a charge action. And a warrior who has charged previously in the phase cannot be put on guard from ploy cards or similar.

for the last 2 question, yes and yes

Spent glory points still count towards your final glory tally to determine the winner of the game.

and you are on gard as long as you not make a charge

don't got the rules book with me but i update the awnser with the page of the rule on the first post asap

Does Steelheart's upgrade "Heroic Stride" trigger after an enemy fighter moves or after the entire activation, before the power step begins?

The rules state  (p. 18) that "Players take activations and Fighters take actions", yet the card specifies a fighter's activation. I think ive seen other cards make this as well.

So Im a big confused.

16 hours ago, zabbraxas said:

if you talk about the card number 54 (don't got the game in english) the ennemy fighter make is activation, when his activation is done you make the reaction and after that the power step begins

Yes but a fighter never takes an activation, fighters take actions. PLAYERS take activations. Im guessing its a miss on the card and that the card should actually say "Action" instead of "activation".

8 minutes ago, Attackmack said:

Yes but a fighter never takes an activation, fighters take actions. PLAYERS take activations. Im guessing its a miss on the card and that the card should actually say "Action" instead of "activation".

Not really, doing an action is the same as activating the warrior (check it out in the little box "activations").

I have one question about "Slaughter fed" (however it is called in english, khorne exclusive, card 15. The one that gives a reaction "that if an action or power card would kill a warrior, a friendly warrior could perform an attack".

Does this include warriors that already charged ?

Edited by Keldaur
  • Like 1