Shadespire community FAQ

zabbraxas

On 5/26/2019 at 3:45 AM, Twisted magpie said:

Karsus the chained has total offense on him and uses his savage whirl ability, did the total offense count for all attacks because the card only States that he cannot be activated again

No, it only counts for the first target of his Savage Whirl. When attacking multiple targets each attack action is resolved separately so the first target would fulfill the "first attack action" portion of Total Offence. 

• 4 weeks later...

can you score two immediate objective cards that scores off the same  action?

I’m looking at Scion of Grimnir and Ferocious Charge from the Chosen Ones.  Both scores when an enemy fighter is taken out of action. One is by your leader the other as part of a charge action, if your leader takes an enemy out of action, you should score both.

But the official rules state that “-as long as the conditions on the objective card are met. When this happens, the player reveals a that card and collects the number of glory points specified on the scored objective card. The card is then placed in their objective discard pile. When an objective card is scored in this way, that player can immediately draw another objective card.”

So do you score one, reveal it, draw another objective card, the other one is no longer “ immediate” ?

Will Champions all be considered similarly to Massive assault and other score immediately cards that you can score if you met the condition prior to drawing that card in the round? Looking at the others that do, they all are accumulating type score immediately types (e.g. Mas.Assault - 7 damage, Slayer - 3 enemies killed etc...) and not condition type (i.e Strong Start - 1st kill)??

On 6/22/2019 at 4:07 PM, Lethal hexed said:

can you score two immediate objective cards that scores off the same  action?

I’m looking at Scion of Grimnir and Ferocious Charge from the Chosen Ones.  Both scores when an enemy fighter is taken out of action. One is by your leader the other as part of a charge action, if your leader takes an enemy out of action, you should score both.

But the official rules state that “-as long as the conditions on the objective card are met. When this happens, the player reveals a that card and collects the number of glory points specified on the scored objective card. The card is then placed in their objective discard pile. When an objective card is scored in this way, that player can immediately draw another objective card.”

So do you score one, reveal it, draw another objective card, the other one is no longer “ immediate” ?

My understanding is you can score them both if you're in your hand but if you score one and then draw the other you cannot score the second one.

• 4 months later...

Are the faction specific 'confusion' style cards intended to score Shortcut (examples: Bound by Fate, Nervous Scrabbling)? As they both say switch positions but neither say place. 

Also because neither say place, switching to a Lethal Hex doesn't cause damage as the model isn't placed into the lethal hex?

17 hours ago, Bandit-94 said:

Can I remove the horn counter of karthaen when I want or I must have to do it for the first attack action after I put the counter on it? 

It doesn't give you the option to choose unfortunately. It says "When there is a Horn counter on this card, re-roll any number of dice in the next attack..." so once you have blown the horn you have to use the counter on the next attack.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, first post here so I hope it's in the right place!

What is the right order for scurry when a fighter makes a charge? (Zarbag’s Gitz)

Move Action charging fighter -> Attack action charging fighter -> move action other fighters

or

Move Action charging fighter -> move action other fighters -> attack action charging fighter

On 12/27/2019 at 7:04 AM, Terrormizu said:

Hello, first post here so I hope it's in the right place!

What is the right order for scurry when a fighter makes a charge? (Zarbag’s Gitz)

Move Action charging fighter -> Attack action charging fighter -> move action other fighters

or

Move Action charging fighter -> move action other fighters -> attack action charging fighter

Each action in the charge is treated as its own separate action, so the second option is correct. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 9:20 PM, Manu The Man said:

Hello there, first post here!!

Can I play Confusion before scoring a "score this immediately after an activation" such as In the Name of the King or Raiders or Despoilers?

Are we still "after an activation" if I play a power card?

Thanks for the answer

Score immediately/surge objectives are scored in the last step of an activation before the power phase. You would have to wait until the end of the next activation to score your cards. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Intrinsic said:

Your innate dodge would not carry over to the Rebound roll. You would still have to roll the die as required for Rebound and resolve the card as stated. 

But the problem is the innate dodge is not tied to the defence roll as it is currently stated on the card dissipate. You have an innate dodge for the duration of the attack action, in which Rebound can also occur. Rebound rolls a defence dice and successes on a dodge or crit, and the innate dodge is still in effect as per dissipate.

I'm the regular Mournflight opponent; I don't want this combo to go off but I am trying to find rules/wording that show that this shouldn't be the case. Dissipate should stipulate that the innate dodge should be for the defence roll only, but that isn't what it says.

31 minutes ago, KoganStyle said:

But the problem is the innate dodge is not tied to the defence roll as it is currently stated on the card dissipate. You have an innate dodge for the duration of the attack action, in which Rebound can also occur. Rebound rolls a defence dice and successes on a dodge or crit, and the innate dodge is still in effect as per dissipate.

I'm the regular Mournflight opponent; I don't want this combo to go off but I am trying to find rules/wording that show that this shouldn't be the case. Dissipate should stipulate that the innate dodge should be for the defence roll only, but that isn't what it says.

Innate only give their bonus to attack, defence and casting rolls. You can find this on page 28 of the Beastgrave rulebook under Innate symbols. And although you do roll a defence dice for Rebound, it is not a defence roll. The definition of that can be found on page 22 under Combat Sequence. 

• LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...