Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Theduke

Bugbre Flintbreath's Mercenaries

I've decided to start a new project that im confident I can see the finish line with.  At 2000 points I should be able to finish in about 2 months... maybe.  

I have 6 Ogors sitting around and have always enjoyed the figs.  They have such great detail and are a joy to paint.  I havent decided what im going to name the tribe and have been researching some basic conversions but im about done with the skin on my first test fig.

IMG_1205.JPG

Edited by Theduke
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!  I was worried when I started painting again because I've never enjoyed painting flesh tones or anything really organic.  I'm really happy so far and have been experimenting with glazes for the first time.  

Im probably going to weather the metal further.  Its really not that shiny but I think I'm going to add a little more to it.

11 hours ago, Theduke said:

Almost done with the first one...

IMG_1208.JPG

Wow!  That's awesome looking right there!  I can never get patterns to show up in cloth that well, and that flesh-tone is sublime.  Nice job!

Thanks BunkhouseBuster!

The pants were fun to paint.  Solid white first.  Then washed it a few times.  Followed up with the blue stripes.  

Im still ironing out the details but Ive decided im going to create my own Ogor Mercenary band. 

Bugbre Flintbreath  (Tyrant)

Bugbre is a relatively intelligent Ogor but at the end of the day he is still an Ogor.  He has a strange affinity for consuming flint.  This love for flint takes him and his mercenary band throughout the realms.  

Ill come up with more details soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gorthor21 said:

Paint the pants red and white.

seconded, i'm always partial to a bright red on clothes. 

• Like 1

Funny enough... Half red and half white is what I went with.  It seems all three of us have similar color preferences.  

• Haha 1

Haha strangely enough. Are we gonn see ironguts in cavalier hats to look like greatswords?

Edited by Gorthor21

Decided to go with some more bright colored pants.  The wash is wet in this photo.  I should have him finished by the EOD.  

0A4530DC-AB09-4704-A22D-D9D133EF1F04.jpeg

Edited by Theduke

Your painting is gorgeous, and I love the approach you've taken with their pants. Almost reminds me of an Asterix comic!

• Thanks 1