"New" AoS Expansion Leaked - Boxhammer

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on the next expansion set for AoS which will be called Boxhammer!!

A spokesman told me it was specifically designed for players who come home after a few beers with their mates and go online to stock up their paints or treat themselves to a new character model. He said 

"we realise these players often forget what paints they needed and end up blowing a couple of hundred pounds on starting a new army instead. Then they get disheartened when they realise it will be months before they finish their current project and get round to painting them. We really wanted to give something back to those people."

"We also hope this new ruleset will appeal to all those people who left the hobby because they insist its better to move your models around in big rectangular blocks."

Boxhammer.jpg

1 hour ago, heywoah_twitch said:

Playing with only box-coats I see. 

Man I wish players took painting more seriously, at least edge highlight to really bring out those square corners. As it is those sides look flat. smh

yeah, and deliberately using a bigger box than is necessary for the daemon prince just for a gaming advantage... phuh, power gamers...

With the new boxes they pulled a typical GW MOVE. The boxes are simply too big so that I always have LOS issues. My melee boxes stand no chance against shooting boxes, because they are simply too big and always in line of sight.

Had GW released proper boxed-sized terrain I wouldn't complain, but they didn't!!!!

You guys are joking but I once saw someone selling empty Warhammer boxes on some ebay-kind of website. Literally, the empty boxes. And not even cheep (30€ for the old Orion box). He claimed it was worth a lot for "collectors". 

But I'm sure this is rejoicing news for all those people that spend thousands to end up pushing grey masses around a table forever.

7 hours ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on the next expansion set for AoS which will be called Boxhammer!!

A spokesman told me it was specifically designed for players who come home after a few beers with their mates and go online to stock up their paints or treat themselves to a new character model. He said 

"we realise these players often forget what paints they needed and end up blowing a couple of hundred pounds on starting a new army instead. Then they get disheartened when they realise it will be months before they finish their current project and get round to painting them. We really wanted to give something back to those people."

"We also hope this new ruleset will appeal to all those people who left the hobby because they insist its better to move your models around in big rectangular blocks."

Boxhammer.jpg

You know, this is mean, for a second I got excited. Then disappointed. Then laughed my ass off.

Sound a lot like me upon learning about the transition actually.

Archived