Modelling Issue with Maw-krusha

BunkhouseBuster

I am putting together my Maw-krusha for my Ironjawz, and it has been giving me some difficulties.  Now, I have noticed that many of you folks are leaving the wings off before painting in order to get the model and pieces all painted.  So that's what I am trying to do as well.

However, in doing so, I may have messed up.  The Maw-krusha itself is mostly assembled, with the head, body, and arms on, except for the wings and what faces out above the knuckles.  On the model's left arm, the arm is not fitting with the fist/wing bit.  This is the only spot where it doesn't fit together for me, and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem on their models, and what easy fixes there might be (short of large amounts of green stuff and tearing the wings apart.

I don't have pictures of it right now, I ran out of time when working on it last night.

Thanks!

I painted mine with the wings off and was able to assemble with no gaps.  It took some work and I seem to remember getting frustrated with the fit (it was a year ago).  However, I was able to get it together.  Try fiddling around with the fits before gluing and maybe something will work.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was able to get it resolved.   Turns out that two of the little spines on its shoulder were causing the issues (somehow?) and removing them with a knife really helped with the fit.  I managed to get it all painted up and fit together now.  If I can figure out how to get my pictures up on here, I'll share it.

Next step, the Megaboss on top, and some of my Brutes...

Archived