Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all

Im currently working on my Ironjaws. First up is my Megaboss. He will set the tone and direction for the rest of the army.

I like how he looks, so far. But I would like to make him pop more.

C and C welcome.

megaboss.jpg

Edited by Nixon
  • Like 2

Bring that bit of red into the other shoulder pauldron or the same side on the gob and you'll have nailed it! 

• Like 1

Wow, I think I would not be able to paint the eyes (and the bones, and the armour...) in a way so neat as you did!

Maybe add some blood on the weapon? :)

Edited by DamonRafael
  • Like 1

Taking another look, I'm really loving the blue/purple tones in the flesh. It really adds some very nice dimension!

• Like 1

On 13/6/2016 at 8:32 PM, amysnuggs said:

Lovely work, looking forward to seeing the base finished! :)

Thanks! I'm stuck on the base, I cant really figure out, what color to paint it. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks! I'm stuck on the base, I cant really figure out, what color to paint it. Any advice would be appreciated. 

I think a jagged metal scrapyard look would do your paint scheme justice. Think Shredder in TMNT 2: SotO all torn apart all over your base. That's more than just a paint job, but if you've used green stuff in the past I'm sure making some metal scrap wouldn't be too hard.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

edit: with the torn scrap sticking up in a circle around the base. think a flower bloom, but with scrap iron.

Thanks for the input. I will consider doing a scrap base. A rusty scrap base, that is. But I am worried that it will look to 40K?

Well depending on whose front door he just kicked in you could add some AOS/fantasy iconography and some stone as well.  As long as you do something like that I think it will be recognizable as AOS and not 40k.

The classic approach is the addition of a shield from your least favourite faction. Anyone got some spare skaven stuff lying around? :P

Added the Shield and a few skulls. Megaboss Gobwhag of the Irontoofs is done!

Gobwhag.jpg

Gobwhager.jpg

• Like 2

Wow. That looks awesome, Nixon. Very impressive work. Some of the best worn metal I've seen around here on that axe head. And that shoulder skull is top notch.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

• Like 1