Sea of Deztruction!

Dez

Hey All,

I did these up since...I think I got the models out and started building Friday night. They are for a Warband Skirmish contest via Google + that I joined at the last second. I've probably got about 6 hours of painting, maybe an hour of modeling. 

large.IMG_2697.jpglarge.IMG_2698.jpglarge.IMG_2700.jpglarge.IMG_2701.jpglarge.IMG_2706.jpglarge.IMG_2707.jpglarge.IMG_2709.jpglarge.IMG_2711.jpg

Thanks guys!

If by Aerograph you mean airbrush, yes :) I  ran into a bit of a problem where it started sputtering on a couple, so I decided to go over all the white parts with yellow again...I kinda liked it. The other part of the base is just cork.

2 hours ago, Dez said:

Thanks guys!

If by Aerograph you mean airbrush, yes :) I  ran into a bit of a problem where it started sputtering on a couple, so I decided to go over all the white parts with yellow again...I kinda liked it. The other part of the base is just cork.

Sputtering is most likely just a bloggage, nothing a clean won't fix :) They look great though, some of the highlights look a bit harsh on the black, could give them a black wash to settle them in a bit?

Yeah it was a bit of dry tip, by then the damage is done though.

I actually made a conscious decision to make some of the highlights really bright, to reflect light that would be hitting the cloth. I did do lots of blended layers and glazed it with blue and black, but felt that it took away too much. I wanted some of the details to pop a bit more, especially around the hood.

• 1 month later...

Update time!

After going over the bases relentlessly, I finally settled. I've primed them black, then I airbrushed a zenithal highlight of Vallejo grey primer :)

I have a game tonight with them...I was hoping to have more paint done but it is what it is. I'm also going on vacation, and told my wife I wasn't planning on bringing my stuff with me so we could fit the kids in the car...but plans change :)

As I'd mentioned I'm really happy with the basing on the Megaboss and Mawkrusha, and I tried to keep the Brutes more toned down. I need to work on the Warchanter...I'm going to convert him up a drum set. 

I keep giggling about the grot with 'The Tenderiza' about to go to work on the cow! I was originally going to use him for a wound counter, then I started getting off on tangents and forgot. I think I like his new job better.

large.IMG_2938.JPGlarge.IMG_2937.JPGlarge.IMG_2936.JPGlarge.IMG_2935.JPGlarge.IMG_2934.JPGlarge.IMG_2933.JPGlarge.IMG_2932.JPGlarge.IMG_2931.JPGlarge.IMG_2930.JPGlarge.IMG_2929.JPGlarge.IMG_2928.JPGlarge.IMG_2927.JPGlarge.IMG_2926.JPGlarge.IMG_2925.JPGlarge.IMG_2924.JPGlarge.IMG_2923.JPGlarge.IMG_2922.JPG

Thanks Ademo!

Second update of the day!

Dave Lombardo Da Warchanter and band leader of Da Defftones, The Warband of Deffgob da Git Gobbler. His roadie erm...Roadie is gettin' da Boyz amped up! Yup, cobbled this together on my lunch break. Inspiration hit me late last night and I knew I would just make tired mistakes if I started then :)

large.IMG_2939.jpglarge.IMG_2940.jpglarge.IMG_2941.jpglarge.IMG_2943.jpglarge.IMG_2944.jpglarge.IMG_2945.jpg

Archived