Deathlords!

Noidea

So jumping into AoS  as a break from painting 40k (Booo! Hisss!) Doing these guys more as a painting project then building towards a army. 

So far I am pretty happy with him (still not finished) but stuck on a basing idea. All the models I have seen in the books have standard flock/rocks but I want to do something more impressive.

20160604_214559.jpg

Love the color scheme, looks well painted. Can't wait to see him finished and plain white background :)

As for the base:

I would do a bunch of gravestones and rubble from grave sites. If you have the bits, I would make a skeleton crawl out of the ground on at least one of them. Gravel and flock still required to tie it all together.

Another option is to play around with water-effects. I have made puddles on some larger bases of my orcs that looks like soil erosion. My honest opinion is that some bases look too crazy sometimes and makes the model suffer. You have a cool color palette, and the model looks well painted with some highlights left to do. Support the models with a cool base instead of competing with it. That is my honest, professional opinion and what I use on my own figures and any commissions.

I hope that helps.

6 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Love the color scheme, looks well painted. Can't wait to see him finished and plain white background :)

As for the base:

I would do a bunch of gravestones and rubble from grave sites. If you have the bits, I would make a skeleton crawl out of the ground on at least one of them. Gravel and flock still required to tie it all together.

Another option is to play around with water-effects. I have made puddles on some larger bases of my orcs that looks like soil erosion. My honest opinion is that some bases look too crazy sometimes and makes the model suffer. You have a cool color palette, and the model looks well painted with some highlights left to do. Support the models with a cool base instead of competing with it. That is my honest, professional opinion and what I use on my own figures and any commissions.

I hope that helps.

Ohhhhh! Thanks for the idea of tbe graveyard. Idk why it never crossed my mind. I also like the idea of water effects but they also seem like a lot of work to get decent. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So, I have finally had some more motivation with the new Legions book being released and finished off 2 more Morghasts to act as Mannfreds bodyguard. (Mannfreds pic is 6months old now). Have finished off their bases as yet but will shortly. 

Next project, bulk skellies....

20180211_160433.jpg

20180211_160426.jpg

20180210_181342.jpg

20180210_181334.jpg

20170826_102810.jpg

20170826_102820.jpg

Archived