Leaders:

1x General on Griffin

1x Battlemage

1x Battlemage

Battleline:

30x Greatswords

40x Freeguild Guard

30x Handgunners

6x Demigryph Knights (possible in 2 units rather than 1)

This totals to 1780 points. I am still thinking what else to add in for the last 200 points. I was considering more battlemages, but while 3 is still ok, I think 4 are overkill. Any suggestion what else I could add?

General on warhorse (or on foot) has better command ability and is easier to hide from the enemy. If you want to field a griffon, the battlemage version seems little better (save not as good, but with swiftness potion you don't have to worry too much about it). 

4 hours ago, Vespan said:

General on warhorse (or on foot) has better command ability and is easier to hide from the enemy. If you want to field a griffon, the battlemage version seems little better (save not as good, but with swiftness potion you don't have to worry too much about it). 

I see! :) I have been doing a bit of Math to see what shooting units I'd want. I guess Archers would fit in with a melee Freeguild Company, since they can consistently move and shoot at the same time? This had me considering a list with 40 Spears/shield Guards, 10~20 Greatswords, 30 Archers and a 2nd Company with 20 Sword/shield guards, 30 Handgunners/Crossbowmen + Something else. Do you reckon those lists could work?

As for shooting, I belive it is as follows: crossbowmen > handgunners > archers. Crossbowmen's ability to shoot twice is very scary combined with general's ability "Hold the Line". 

You take the command trait that you dont have to pass battleshock tets around commander, block access to crossbowmen with freeguild guard nad you can shoot twice 2+/3+ and with wound rolls of 5&6 having rend of -1. 

My army for 2000 points includes hurricanym + general + crossowmen + freeguild guard having controll over the table center, while demigryph knights, mage on gryphon and phoenix keep flying around for objectives and eliminating targets that won't come up close :)

15 hours ago, Vespan said:

As for shooting, I belive it is as follows: crossbowmen > handgunners > archers. Crossbowmen's ability to shoot twice is very scary combined with general's ability "Hold the Line". 

You take the command trait that you dont have to pass battleshock tets around commander, block access to crossbowmen with freeguild guard nad you can shoot twice 2+/3+ and with wound rolls of 5&6 having rend of -1. 

My army for 2000 points includes hurricanym + general + crossowmen + freeguild guard having controll over the table center, while demigryph knights, mage on gryphon and phoenix keep flying around for objectives and eliminating targets that won't come up close :)

I see! I did some calculations yesterday, the only real thing that I can see that makes crossbowmen superior to handgunners is their extra 4" range, but in any turn that either the handgunner or crossbowmen have to move, the gunners will deal more damage, so I guess I will stick with handgunners for the time being. I may convert some crossbowmen in the future. I plan to use my gunners in a freeguild company, so I think they will move around quite frequently to chase the guards and greatswords around. 

I have ordered myself an island of blood high elf on griffon to convert to a battlemage on griffon or simply a second general (magnetize). It is a real shame the battlemage is an ally, it seems to out-perform the general by a lot, despite being a bit less defensive. Point to damage wise a general on griffon is slightly better than demigryphs it seems, so I'm considering to add more griffons rather than demigryphs at the moment, also to push my hero/behemoth count up a bit.

How is the hurricanum on the field? :) I was considering to buy one, the buff radius seems quite awesome. I'm still considering though, since a Wild form battlemage can push out quite some buffs as well.

13 minutes ago, Vespan said:

Hurricanum is really awesome and powefull, but now that Ot's cost went up, and free peoples have they own allegiance I will concider, some lists without it. 

I see! :) it really takes such a huge chunk out of our ally points sadly. I'm looking into the stormcast lists trying to see if any units there are worth taking as allies, but its hard to decide.

Archived