BLACKOUT Results and now Lists!

Chris Tomlin

Morning guys,

Feeling super tired and have a busy work day ahead, so will keep this brief for now. Just a massive thanks to all the players at the event this past weekend. You were all awesome and made the event run nice and smoothly.

I will submit the results to the Rankings ASAP (probably this evening)...Gotta get Tom Lambert into that Darkling Covens top spot! I will also record a very brief podcast when I get home for release this evening just going through the top 10 lists. The rest of the lists will also be put into a PDF and made available.

FULL STANDINGS LINK

I have a few thoughts I'll share as well. Please feel free to provide feedback in this thread as well.

Friday Night Skirmish
1st - Ben Johnson (Order) @Ben Johnson
2nd - Liam Cook (Chaos) @Liam Cook
3rd - Jonathon Kyprianidis (Chaos) @Pano
Best Warband - Sam Pearson (Order) @bottle
Best Sports - Sam Davies (Chaos) @TDK - Tied with Tom Pedley (Chaos) @Petloski on votes, TPs was tiebreak.

Main Event

Overall standings sorted by TP>Sports Votes>KP
1st - Dan Ford (Chaos) @Dan.Ford
2nd - Tony Moore (Disciples of Tzeentch) @Countmoore
3rd - Carl Smith (Fyreslayers) 

Best in Alliance decided by KP alone
Chaos - Jonathon Kyprianidis (Blades of Khorne) @Pano
Order - Carl Smith (Fyreslayers) - 9200 in 5 games, highest overall!
Death - Russ Veal (Nighthaunt) @Russ Veal
Destruction - Nicky Myland (Bonesplitterz)

Best Army
1st - Ian Gilmore (Ironjawz) @Ian Gilmore
2nd - Rob Ellis (Order) @Rob Ellis
3rd - Sam Pearson (Order) @bottle
Judges Choice - Byron Orde (Order)

Best Sports - John Greene (Sylvaneth) @j0b4ac0wb0y18
The Jen Lyons Thrills Not Skills Award - Chris Allison (Nurgle)

Huge special shout out to Mark Wildman (Disciples of Tzeentch) who would've been in 3rd after his 5 games. Unfortunately it was discovered during the final round that he had an illegal list. I have to shoulder a large portion of the blame here for not spotting this when checking the lists on Saturday. In both of our defences it was a very obscure illegality and it made for a tough situation. Mark was an absolute gent for holding his hands up and coming to me as soon as he thought something was wrong and volunteered to have himself removed from the final standings. Fantastic etiquette and should be commended.

If you're interested; he had the Chaos Dragon (formally Galrauch) in his army, which is "Warriors of Chaos" for its matched play profile and Disciples of Tzeentch (or anyone else!) cannot ally with Warriors of Chaos. Mark found the Warscroll listed in the Monsters of Chaos section on the app (and Monsters of Chaos do ally with Disciples of Tzeentch) so you can see how this was easily overlooked. Also as Galrauch, the scroll had the Tzeentch keyword anyway! It was an interesting addition that was not added for power or anything which makes the situation all the more unfortunate.

As I said, I'll add more thoughts on the rest of the event later, let me know if I've missed anything. Just a massive thanks to you all again!

Much love,
Chris x

Cheers for the event Chris!  Was really enjoyable and certainly the best tournament I've attended to date.  The general attitude of players and everyone I played has certainly enthused me to do a few more tournaments which I wasn't sure about prior to the event.

My brother really enjoyed himself too and was talking about "defending" his trophy on the train journey home (I don't think he means defending, but awesome to see the keen after his first tournament).  I just want to say thanks to everybody for giving him such an enjoyable event, despite not having the best on the results front, he didn't have a bad word to say about any of his games, so hat's off to the AoS community for being as welcoming as they are.  I know that we both learned a lot from the games we played and there's really no better way to hone your army list and abilities as a general.

(and no, we're not twins, he's actually older than I am, despite me being a lot greyer ;))

Hey @RuneBrush,

Was great to meet you and Chris and I'm really pleased you both enjoyed yourselves. Many of the things you mention in your post are pretty much the best feedback the event can receive to be honest and that's not at all on me, it's down to the players in attendance to create that environment, so well done all!!

Looking forward to seeing the Allison Bros at a future event!

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Hey @RuneBrush,

Was great to meet you and Chris and I'm really pleased you both enjoyed yourselves. Many of the things you mention in your post are pretty much the best feedback the event can receive to be honest and that's not at all on me, it's down to the players in attendance to create that environment, so well done all!!

Looking forward to seeing the Allison Bros at a future event!

I think it's highly likely you'll see us at an event in the future :D

Thank you too all :) quick summary.

What a great weekend, a big thanks to Chris, Firestorm and all the boyz for making it happen :)

Prizes and food were spot on. I did not get to do any of the evening stuff as I needed to go home each night :(

( Wife and family points ).

I enjoyed all five games Alex C (5 turn) , Sam P (5 turns), Nico(5 turns), Pano (2 games ish , 1 turn and 5 turns) and Mike W (4 turns)  and would play any one again.
All the new battle Plans were good addition to the other 6 but I think one small change 'maybe' required.
On Scorched Earth have the Objective 8" in not 12"
OR
No burning and scoring on turn one.

It was great chatting to all the other players, atmosphere was brilliant.

9 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

Would love to see some lists!

1) Number of pints drunk by attendees? 

All of them

2) how much fun was had by an individual attendee as a result of the excellent organisation, venue and fellow attendees behaviour?

All of it 

3) how many attendees would recommend attendance at a future Chris Tomlin Event, and would like to thank everyone involved in BLACKOUT2017

All of us

I always enjoy your events Chris and the move to Firestorm Games was just icing on the cake! 5 great games and opponents (as well as fun practice games against Owyn and Paul the night before). Everything was very smoothly organised - packs were well designed too! Standard of painting was exceptionally good too! Great to meet some new people too!

Absolutely loved the event and had a great time. Great games and atmosphere brilliant. Good priced bar with good beer. Food was good. Loved the wraps. 

Only feedback would be that the terrain needs to be more substantial or bring our own. 

Great work. Look forward to the next one. 

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, Nico said:

I always enjoy your events Chris and the move to Firestorm Games was just icing on the cake! 5 great games and opponents (as well as fun practice games against Owyn and Paul the night before). Everything was very smoothly organised - packs were well designed too! Standard of painting was exceptionally good too! Great to meet some new people too!

Thanks @Nico - Great to see you. Glad you had a good time and enjoyed your games :) 

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, robertxtrem said:

Really fun first tournament for my friends and I. Did anyone pick up an extra generals handbook 2 by chance?

I didn't have one handed in. I will ask Firestorm for you though as I need to e-mail them anyway.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, Gulug1974 said:

Absolutely loved the event and had a great time. Great games and atmosphere brilliant. Good priced bar with good beer. Food was good. Loved the wraps. 

Only feedback would be that the terrain needs to be more substantial or bring our own. 

Great work. Look forward to the next one. 

Thanks man!! Totally agree regarding terrain. I think it's purely down to a lack of understanding on the venues part as they have not seen much AoS there yet (hopefully this will change). On my feedback to them I would certainly request 10 pieces going forward. I believe they already have the capacity for this anyway.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:50 PM, swarmofseals said:

Anyone know if Byron Orde is on this site? I'd love to chat with him about his mixed Order list as I've had a similar concept kicking around in my head for a while! Paging @Chris Tomlin perhaps?

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:00 AM, Valenae said:

Is there rosters of participants?

Especcialy Byron Orde roster

Hey guys, I don't believe Byron frequents this site. Your best bet is to get him on Twitter @facehammer_ I would think. I will also have all the lists up on a PDF this week :) 

10 hours ago, MrCharisma said:

Cheers Chris! This will give me a rough idea of the UK meta. 

No worries mate, though I do feel the Facehammer GT lists will probably give a better representation now that more games have been played. Still, I would expect plenty of Bloodletters and even more Disciples of Tzeentch!

Thanks for the lists.

While reading these and comparing them to the other big tournaments in my area, I have a delicate suggestion:

Split the next Tournament into 2 single events!

1. Rent a rather small room, where basically all the known races can smush each other.

2.  Rent a  really big one, where all the Tzeentch players can fight themselves.

-_-

Archived