Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Euphanism said:

This might have been mentioned before, but are these the first Death units with a bravery less than 10?

It was mentioned before but as long as the unit leader is alive you have a bravery of 10

3 minutes ago, Skrekkugle said:

Can someone ELI5 how the Spectral Lure rule works in practice for multiwound models?

You use a d6 if you have models that have Wounds you can heal it

So you throw a dice witch show a 5 you could heal up to 5 Wounds every now you have a model with 3 Wounds the excess 2 are dropped

If you have no wounded model but a death one you can resurrect it

So you throw a dice and have 3 you lost 5 Chainrasp you could ressurect 3

If the model has more then one wound you only can ressurect only full model with a combined wound value of the thrown dice

Hope you understand me because my English is not so good in explaining thing's 

47 minutes ago, Skrekkugle said:

Thanks! So if I got 2 dead  3 wound models and roll a 6, I can res 2? And if I roll a 5 I can res one and the extra 2 on the roll would be lost?

Yes, and also its important to note that you EITHER heal a wounded model if there is one in the unit OR restore slain models to the unit uf not, never both with the same casting of the spell.

Eg, if you cast it on a unit of spirit hosts with one slain model and one model that has suffered a single wound, and y ou roll a six, you heal the wounded model, but you do not also bring back the dead one.

2 minutes ago, Sception said:

Yes, and also its important to note that you EITHER heal a wounded model if there is one in the unit OR restore slain models to the unit uf not, never both with the same casting of the spell.

Eg, if you cast it on a unit of spirit hosts with one slain model and one model that has suffered a single wound, and y ou roll a six, you heal the wounded model, but you do not also bring back the dead one.

That's right too it's like the healing/resurrecting in the legions of Nagash but with d6 not d3 so it's a bit better

1 minute ago, Archimedes said:

I'm just assuming. There are 3 spells listed and no mention of what lores he can take from. I am new at this though so if I'm being ignorant the I apologise.

The spell lore in the legions of Nagash are also not mentioned on the warscrolls it's a army rule witch grant it

I wonder if the GUARDIAN OF SOULS nightmare lantern can stack if you take 2 of them? If not, at least they could overlap a unit to get more wounds in.

also makes the executioner better instead of wounding on 6’s, wounding in 5’s or potentially 4’s for that juicy 3 damage?

1 hour ago, Ahn-ket said:

It was mentioned before but as long as the unit leader is alive you have a bravery of 10

True, it's just odd to me that they would have a lower bravery in any way, I thought all Death was a 10 naturally.

9 hours ago, Bashpan said:

****** man i cant wait for buy the new box with that juicy new nighthaunts hope for the new big models dont be vlad or isabella we need new characters ****** the old world

i share this pic for the trailer so ****** hype

0e62f2ce00488236fad6c057fc992c49.jpg

If it is them they will be a..shade...of their former selves. Bahahaha

I feel like a unit of 30 Chainrasp will be a nice Anvil for the list, solid target for Mystic Shield, makes good use of the +1 to wound, can use your recursion on it and will keep there re-rolls to wound.  A large blob of 30 wounding on 3s re-rolling 1s isn't anything to sniff at. Lord Executioner has decent rules but his melee weapon leaves me feel a little lacking. Guardian of souls seems super sweet, really nice re-cursion spell, solid buff aura as well. Will probably want 1-2 of these for Mystic Shield / Spectral Lure at least. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the different color shemes that GW can propose on the NightHaunt. The goshtly green is ok. I've seen some (non GW) blue goshts (same as green but light blue).  I remember one flaming orange gosht. But I'd like to see what GW can show us...

Yeah that is true, -1 to hit on a big boy might be worth it for him alone.  Agree on the above that the Grimghast reapers & Glaivewrath stalkers will be the ones that deal the damage. From the WC article announcing soul wars

Grimghast Reapers - "These indiscriminate killers hack their foes to pieces in great sweeping attacks with there scythes" - Maybe something to akin to to retributors or more attacks for more opponents? Assuming multi-damage 

Glaivewraith Stalkers - "Nagash's Remorseless ethereal hunters, against whom no barrier can defend" - Some sort of mortal wound output? Stalkers gives me the idea they may have a bonus for hitting heroes but could just be reading too much into the name 

Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed - "A spectral Commander who steals the very lifeforce of their foes" - Assuming some sort of command ability on this guy, potentially to regain wounds from wounds done? 

Looking at potential early builds.. looks like we push a lot of recursion with multiple Spirit Torments, Spectral lure and any sort of artefact / allegiance / command abilities re receive, already have the ability for re-rolls 1s to hit and wound as well. 

Archived