Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant the 5+ more like "hard to hit hence the save stuff" - Hosts have a 4+ save after all, and they have absolutely no armor lol 
But a blob of 20 4+ unrendable guys would be too tough to reliably take down, and considering they will be coming in blobs of 20 in the box, they should be pretty cheap, point-wise at least 

28 minutes ago, Oogje said:

Will that battleline have ethereal? Because if they do, that's a pretty big finger to players with rend heavy armors 

That's pretty much Nighthaunts big trick, I can't imagine they won't have ethereal.

29 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

That's pretty much Nighthaunts big trick, I can't imagine they won't have ethereal.

I expect they'll probably be 1 wound, 5+ ethereal, with a middling attack but the same Frightful Touch ability of the current Nighthaunt army - which would make for a frustratingly solid objective-camping unit

5 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Im waiting for sure. They said June for the new starter box

I was at my GW store today. They said the new starter would be our in June with the Nighthaunts in this picture...

WHfestLiveBlog-Post2-AoSBattleshot1hfe.jpg

I know its super early but how do you guys think these new additions impact our existing units? With the new spirt looking battleline will Spirit Hosts now be a more elite choice? Also, I wonder where this will leave the Mourngul? If they rework the Black Coach's warscroll into something good could it replace big ugly as our mini monster? So many possibilities, I am looking forward to the next few months.

3 minutes ago, christophe said:

these bases are crazy detailed... and it's probably not Shadespire....

I don't know, since we've only seen two of them(I think) and that they have swords and non scythes, they may not be the new Hexwraiths people(me included) are guessing and perhaps we could start seeing cavalry in Shadespire. All the stuff that GW is showing as part of the new Nighthaunt stuff on the community site is based with the "standard" GW basing both in the communnity site "press photos" and the ones in the cases. These horses and the covered face ghost banshee things with smilar detailed bases aren't featured as part of the new stuff on the GW community site, not do they show up in second edition battlescape photo. So I think they're either for Shadespire or something else(Mordhiem like game, they don't seem to care about skimish game oversaturation at this point). Though they were in the video, but that could just be all the Nighthaunt stuff(maybe they'll actually have shadespire warbands in the codex?). I'm not totally convinced that any existing stuff other than the black coach is getting a new model.

4 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

@bsharitt

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/12/your-intro-to-the-mortal-realms-may-12gw-homepage-post-4/

This one's are clearly Cairn Wraith so existing stuff witch get new models but you could be right that all models with roses on the bases could be part of something else

I think you got the wrong link there. That's just the new intro to the moral realms.

2 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

Yes but it's corrected 

Those guys are of course clearly related to the cairn wraith, but being shown as unit of more than one seems like it would discount the possibility of them replacing a single hero. Could be a situation where the Putrid Blightkings were model-wise basically the Lord of Plagues expanded to a full unit(but still a separate thing in the game). The Cairnewraith was also reboxed four months ago, seems like a lot of effort of they are going to replace him(but the Tomb Banshee wasn't, hmm...). He might might get a new warscroll so he actually helps these guys. It'd be great to have Nighthaunt heroes that actually buff other units.

3 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Those guys are of course clearly related to the cairn wraith, but being shown as unit of more than one seems like it would discount the possibility of them replacing a single hero. Could be a situation where the Putrid Blightkings were model-wise basically the Lord of Plagues expanded to a full unit(but still a separate thing in the game). The Cairnewraith was also reboxed four months ago, seems like a lot of effort of they are going to replace him(but the Tomb Banshee wasn't, hmm...). He might might get a new warscroll so he actually helps these guys. It'd be great to have Nighthaunt heroes that actually buff other units.

It’s been awhile since we had units of Wraiths.  After the changes with the emergent Vampire Counts I just reused them as Cairne Wraiths.  After twenty years breaking them out again as a single unit would be nice.

On 4/1/2018 at 2:43 AM, ZephyrExia said:

f41f6dc912b2852655820608305a4a23.jpg

Holiday lights in june man. Exploiting christmas season getting worse every year...

Stormcast are so annyoing. They must have a really cost-efficient frame to be produced with, just minor variations. And that's why they're so unappealing.

8 hours ago, Ahn-ket said:

@bsharitt

WHfestLiveBlog-AoSProduct7sb.jpg

This one's are clearly Cairn Wraith so existing stuff witch get new models but you could be right that all models with roses on the bases could be part of something else

And apparently a very dedicated dead plummer is still holding on to his suckercup..

11 hours ago, Spiny Norman said:

And apparently a very dedicated dead plummer is still holding on to his suckercup..

...when a soul has unfinished business when it dies...

Archived