Sayl in Blades of Khorne

Well of Eternity

Question

Hi!

Is it possible to take Sayl as "Ally" in Pure Blades of Khorne army?

I`m asking because in "Allies" for BoK are: [...] Slaves to Darknes (excluding units with mk. of Slaanesh) and Sayl on his warscroll has KW: Slaves to Darkness but technically he is from Tamurkhan`s Horde (not included in any allies list). It`s also interesting that he has not KW Tamurkhan`s Horde on anything else that indicates that he is bound only with Thamurkan`s Horde.

?

7 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

You can take him without any problems as an Ally in a Blades of Khorne army - but his updated spell only allows you to teleport units with the Slaves to Darkness keyword, so he has less benefit than previously.

Thanks for your answer! I had an interesting discussion yesterday about Slaves to Darkness unit with "Mark of..." KW (e.g. Warriors of Chaos/Knights of Chaos). They have "Slaves to Darkness" and "Mortal" Keywords but they can have also Khorne keyword so they can be part of the BoK army without taking them as allies. Now - a nice big blob of 40 Warriors (massive Regiments!) with shields, halberds and all khorne buffs can be really useful (with Sayl and Bloodtithe Buffs).

45 minutes ago, Well of Eternity said:

Thanks for your answer! I had an interesting discussion yesterday about Slaves to Darkness unit with "Mark of..." KW (e.g. Warriors of Chaos/Knights of Chaos). They have "Slaves to Darkness" and "Mortal" Keywords but they can have also Khorne keyword so they can be part of the BoK army without taking them as allies. Now - a nice big blob of 40 Warriors (massive Regiments!) with shields, halberds and all khorne buffs can be really useful (with Sayl and Bloodtithe Buffs).

No problems!  I can see some of the units such as Chaos Warriors becoming more and more common in BoK, especially with their mortal wound shields and as you say Sayl being able to walk them across the board!

I don't think that's true, I think that the allies rule applies to the faction name not the keyword name; like with "Clan Moudler" and "Monsters of Chaos"; those are faction names, not keywords.  I don't think Monster of Chaos even has a common keyword (and Moulder doesn't really either.  Rat Swarms are in Clan Moulder but don't have the keyword and Stormfiends have the keyword but aren't listed in clan Moulder. )

On 8/31/2017 at 10:51 PM, Naflem said:

I don't think that's true, I think that the allies rule applies to the faction name not the keyword name; like with "Clan Moudler" and "Monsters of Chaos"; those are faction names, not keywords.  I don't think Monster of Chaos even has a common keyword (and Moulder doesn't really either.  Rat Swarms are in Clan Moulder but don't have the keyword and Stormfiends have the keyword but aren't listed in clan Moulder. )

Page 76 of the GHB2 says that the "profile for each faction lists the allegiances of the allied units you can take." (Bold added for clarity). So you can take any unit that can be part of the allegiance according to that.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:20 AM, Gilby said:

Page 76 of the GHB2 says that the "profile for each faction lists the allegiances of the allied units you can take." (Bold added for clarity). So you can take any unit that can be part of the allegiance according to that.

The faction/allegiance distinction is a total mess and really needs an FAQ explaining how it all works. 

Archived