NEW death model - thoughts?

kcjling

If they do go for a narrative campaign around undead and Nagash, I'm hoping they do some extra additions to deathrattle too. Getting a new Krell model as the mortarch of despair(maybe even dual deathlord/deathrattle keyword model) would definitely have my vote!

Also, I don't care what subfactions they release... I'm buying it all at this stage.

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

That's a preference,  not a need.  AoS is nice, fun, functional game without extra protection for characters. 

It's a nice, fun, functional game if you don't run those characters.  It's not that the game needs character protections to work in general, but these types of characters - infantry scale, 5 wound melee heroes, do need those protections in a game where shooting designed to disable or destroy entire units can pick out individual hero models without penalty.  This guy is a nice looking model who, in all likelihood, will be completely unplayable above 500 points in any even vaguely competitive environment.

:shrug: I disagree with the premise and the hyperbole. 

Will ppl shoot him?  Sure,  they can and will if the choice to do so makes sense. I prefer to make my opponents think something else is more worth their attention.  

Coolish model at least!  I'll get one probably.

• 1 month later...

There's no reason to think that Nagashii stormcast themed models couldn't be dramatically different in appearance to the point of being an aesthetically unique addition to the game.  Ditch the rounded, rune-inscribed armor for deathlord-style pointy, banded plate with bone trim and Nagashii stormcasts would look more like shorter, wingless morghasts than any order models.

Archived