Aetherwings

Alfascozzesi

Question

Just a quick question regarding Atherwings. 

They have eave the ability to move at the start of your opponents charge phase if within 12" of vanguard raptors. 

Does this mean that you can use them to block a charge on your vanguard raptors once your opponent has declared a charge and is range of the raptors?

4 answers to this question

You move into 3" of the charging unit and then they cannot charge you at all. In the FAQ "moves made in the charge phase are charge moves" so not subject to the 3" rule. Aetherwing is unusual in that it can elect to finish this charge move otherwise than within 0.5".

Not exactly.

They move "immediately" at the beginning if the opponent's charge phase.  Meaning you would interrupt your opponent at the start of the phase, move the Aetherwings, then your opponent declares charges.

Could your move block a lane?  Absolutely.

Can you declare the move in direct response to a charge declaration?  No.

So if I understand correctly I have to move before my opponents declarations and move within 3" so he cannot charge but in his next combat phase pile in but if he was looking to get charge bonuses he couldn't and my vanguard raptors would be safe to shoot them down next turn.

Thanks for the quick and full replies.

Archived