GHB2017 - Rules questions collation thread

Got another for the Ironjawz:

How does one determine which weapon a Megaboss on Maw-krusha gets the extra attack from its Strength from Victory ability?  The Megaboss rule states that it's "the weapon that inflicted the killing wound", but how does that work when the rules for INFLICTING DAMAGE state that "the player commanding the target unit alloocates and wounds that are afflicted ... as they see fit".

So if a Megaboss on Maw-krusha attacks an enemy hero with all of its attacks, including those of its mount, can the player controlling the target hero allocate the wounds from the Maw-krusha's attacks first in an attempt to prevent the Megaboss from getting that extra Wound and Attack?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We discussed this several times previously. The workable solution was that if one or both of the weapons contributed any damage to the model which died that combat phase, then the rule would be triggered on one of the weapons of your choice (or failing that dice off as to which weapon does it) - not both of them. Other solutions are either a time sink (rolling attacks one at a time to ensure the wrong weapon doesn't "kill" the model or are obviously absurd - opponent misallocating the attacks so the fatal blow is the other weapon - which cannot have been the intention.

• 2 weeks later...

In the new General's Handbook, quite a lot of units dissappeared. Are they not meant to be played in matched play? They still appear in Azyr, so I'v been a little confused.

I like that they remove some things, introduce new things and keep it fresh!

I have a question:

If I build the Auric Runeson with Magmadroth and choose to give him the wyrmslayer javelins, can he also be given throwing axes like all the other fyreslayers?

And if so, can he throw both a javelin and a throwing axe in in the same turn?

Thx

Do anyone know about the liber bubonicus question? If i give liber bubonicus to a plague furnace is that allow to cast twice the pestilent prayer and once his own prayer, or he can just cast once the pestilent prayer and once his own prayer? In other words, liber bubonicus affect the plague furnace with just its first part or with both parts?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 12:52 AM, Nico said:

We discussed this several times previously. The workable solution was that if one or both of the weapons contributed any damage to the model which died that combat phase, then the rule would be triggered on one of the weapons of your choice (or failing that dice off as to which weapon does it) - not both of them. Other solutions are either a time sink (rolling attacks one at a time to ensure the wrong weapon doesn't "kill" the model or are obviously absurd - opponent misallocating the attacks so the fatal blow is the other weapon - which cannot have been the intention.

However absurd it is, the last option you cited does seem to be RAW, so this does need to be FAQ'd.  @BunkhouseBuster is right to raise the question here in my opinion - an official FAQ is the correct way to fix a rule that doesn't actually state what it was (presumably) intended to.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 12:15 AM, Flammen said:

I have a question:

If I build the Auric Runeson with Magmadroth and choose to give him the wyrmslayer javelins, can he also be given throwing axes like all the other fyreslayers?

And if so, can he throw both a javelin and a throwing axe in in the same turn?

Thx

From the description:

An Auric Runeson on Magmadroth is a single model. Some Runesons wield an Ancestral War‑axe, while others prefer a clutch of Wyrmslayer Javelins, but in either case they are armed with fine Fyresteel Throwing Axes. A Magmadroth is a great predator, attacking both with its Lashing Tail and its many Claws and Horns.

So you pick either the axe or javelin, and in either case you have the throwing axes. You are allowed to perform all attacks your models have, so that would be ranged attacks from both ranged weapons, plus any and all melee attacks. See Stormcast Palladors for a similarly armed unit.

12 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

However absurd it is, the last option you cited does seem to be RAW, so this does need to be FAQ'd.  @BunkhouseBuster is right to raise the question here in my opinion - an official FAQ is the correct way to fix a rule that doesn't actually state what it was (presumably) intended to.

The point is to have an interim solution until the FAQ comes out. This is how I’m playing it until then.

Another issue is Magmadroth bleed damage if the Magmadroth dies before the end of the phase. Plainly the Intention would be to roll for the bleed Damage (but RAW the model isn’t in range at the end of the phase). This is similar to the old issue of the Reality Splitting Axe causing a wound, but then the MLoKhorne dying afterwards before the end of the combat phase - plainly you should still roll the 5+. They have amended this rule since then I believe.

Archived