Let's chat Phoenix Temple

Cinncinnatus

@Adeeb think I'm going to be running this at my next tourney, the sisters buff kind of fills the void of the lack of rend/mortal wounds in the army. but  it also relies on my opponent being willing to attack into a fully buffed frostheart. I think on top tables smart players would know not to attack it and just run away:

Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (240)
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (240)
Anointed (80)
Spellweaver (80)
Loremaster (100)
30 x Phoenix Guard (420)
30 x Phoenix Guard (420)
10 x Phoenix Guard (160)
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (220)
Total: 1960/ 2000 Points

dropping one of the 30's down to a 10 and taking a 3rd phoenix is probably a better list as far as movement/combat output. but I haven't had enough experience yet with the new ghb 2017 scenarios to know how important the 20 models in a unit is just yet.

Hi @maximum_pants,

Isn't that list at odds with what you said just a week ago?

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:56 AM, maximum_pants said:

i think people are getting a bit carried away with adding phoenix guard hordes and wizards to buff the phoenixes to go super defensive. the 4 frosthearts are what do all the damage in the list, so dropping down to 2 of them, like in the list posted in the first post, i think would cripple the offensive potential too much.

xD

That aside, I do think it's a good list as it is pretty much the same as the one I posted on the first page! Only I did have the 3rd Phoenix over the Sisters. They do seem like a nice choice though tbh. Their spell is hardcore. I look forward to getting all my stuff assembled and giving the army a go.

I'll have a proper look through that Firestorm stuff as well. I'm not doing a podcast review but might put something up on here instead (not to the details of my GH2017 Ironjawz stuff though haha!)

Not sure if it qualifies but my friend has had a lot of luck with this order soup list backboned by pheonix temple.

Frost Heart General

Frost Heart

Battle Mage (Heal)

Battle Mage (Fire)

Archmage

Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage

3x10 Skinks

1x5 Sisters of the Thorn

1x30 Pheonix Guard

Mortal wound output+ buffing capabilies of the mages makes them a big neon target but getting through pheonix guard hitting on 2s wound on 3s rerolling with mystic shield and the 6+ archmage save is no joke. Pheonix work to cover flanks and yoyo in and out for buffs. 

Weak to MSU armies, 2+Armor and heavy shooting but will laugh off a murderhost, multiple stonehorns, or other stand up and fight melee lists.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived