The Painting Contract - September 2017

Mohojoe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a busy month and got sidetracked with a lot of DIY and work, but managed to squeeze in a few hours a week to work on the Khorgorath. 

My original thoughts were that I wanted it to look like a rhino/elephant type creature since they are described as originally being wild beasts that have then been corrupted.

Still have some minor highlights, blood for the blood god and basing to do but I think it's good enough to submit for this month.

IMG_20170928_212227.jpg

Dam son

1 minute ago, cannymalavera said:

It's been a busy month and got sidetracked with a lot of DIY and work, but managed to squeeze in a few hours a week to work on the Khorgorath. 

My original thoughts were that I wanted it to look like a rhino/elephant type creature since they are described as originally being wild beasts that have then been corrupted.

Still have some minor highlights, blood for the blood god and basing to do but I think it's good enough to submit for this month.

IMG_20170928_212227.jpg

So, once again I was an absolute hobby butterfly and flitted about. But here we have my WiP diorama nurgle pond and evil tree,  and 6 of 55 poxwalkers. Just got a delivery with mroe to work on, should be giving nurgle a test game on monday, and also a conversion in progress, that I will just call Morbidex Thriceborn.

IMAG1026.jpg

IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg

IMAG1029.jpg

IMAG1030.jpg

On 9/2/2017 at 9:38 PM, TheOtherJosh said:

Updated Pledge:

Paint Grot Scuttlings for Silver Tower

Build Chaos Spawn to replace the Ogroid Thaumaturge

Re-Base the Herald of Tzeentch that replaced the Ogroid Thaumaturge. (And fix the wonky hand.)

Stretch Goals:

Paint Gaunt Summoner

Prime and Paint Chaos Spawn

Paint 5 more of the Kairic Acolytes in my Warband. (Have 2 completed of the 10.)

Prime and start painting the new Herald Champion

Completed:

Build Chaos Spawn (and he's primed) (have to get pictures taken)

Paint 8 Grot Scuttlings (for silver tower)

Rebase on shattered Dominion base (and primed) Herald of Tzeentch (and fix the hand)

Heres the first pictures with my Scuttlings:

IMG_3098.JPG.fa6b2e6d2fd46d67a6da5d10a300c460.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

Technically I guess I can post some minis that I finished in September that were not a part of the painting contract, as my OCD got the better of me- all minis I bought at this year's GenCon, at the big bits seller.  First up is a Stormfiend, and while I only have pics of the first 2 Black Orcs, I have another pair I finished as well in the same paint scheme.

901642_sm-.JPG

906880_sm-.JPG

906881_sm-.JPG

On 10/1/2017 at 3:06 AM, TheOtherJosh said:

It looks like @Mohojoe may be busy so I have started up an October thread here to make sure we don't all fall behind :) 

Cheers Josh ( Again!) 

Laptop is buggered and it looks like the Tapatalk app is not getting fixed :(

Archived