The Painting Contract - September 2017

Mohojoe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My goal is to finish my 1000k Slaanesh army this month. With the points changes I will have to tweak the list a bit but most likely I will add:

- 10 daemonettes
- final details on the 5 daemonettes form last month. 
- Finish up a chaos chariot (Maybe a second)

Also on the table:
- Bretonnian trebuchet (as stand in grudge-thrower
- mounted sorceress (without mount so I can switch the rider on my black dragon)

And somewhere in between I might paint something to get me excited because the first 10 daemonettes burned me out a bit. :)
Which is a shame because I love the models but somehow they became a pain to finish off. Oh well, only 20 more to go for a massive regiment :S

40 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I will probably assemble and paint a bunch of various Nurgle things.   In the meantime, I just finished her: 

20170831_201929.jpg

Cute mini.

So, what various Nurgle things are you going to work on and paint? There are some pretty neat Nurgle things out there! (I need to do a squad of plaguebearers for my Shadows over Hammerhal...)

So, after successfully completing my Brutes and Warchanter for last months pledge (over on my painting blog, didn't turn out as well as I had hoped :/) I shall attempt to finish my 10 Savage orruks that makes up the rest of my bonesplitterz contingent. Makes it hard to run a combined destruction under the new points, but oh well, good to see GW looking at things like balance and actually doing something about it. 

Stretch goal: Assemble the Maw Krusha

22 hours ago, Xanax Lot said:

I will try to paint two bastiladons! One commision and one for me! Allready started with one.

How do you like this color scheme for the skinks.

It was chosen by the client and I thibk it looks great... He really knows how to choose his colors

IMG_9342.PNG

Looks great to me. Can I ask how you painted the purple/pink on the head? I'd like to do something similar on my sylvaneth revenants. 

So ... my initial plan was a gaunt Summoner and the Grot Scuttlings....

We started a Path To Glory campaign.... and my Ogroid Thaumaturge was deemed unworthy by Tzeentch after being backstabbed by the new Daemon Herald in the Warband and "won" the dubious honor of being mutated into a Chaos Spawn.

So.... I'm building a Chaos Spawn to represent his fall to spawndom....

Updated Pledge:

Paint Grot Scuttlings for Silver Tower

Build Chaos Spawn to replace the Ogroid Thaumaturge

Re-Base the Herald of Tzeentch that replaced the Ogroid Thaumaturge. (And fix the wonky hand.)

Stretch Goals:

Paint Gaunt Summoner

Prime and Paint Chaos Spawn

Paint 5 more of the Kairic Acolytes in my Warband. (Have 2 completed of the 10.)

Prime and start painting the new Herald Champion

23 hours ago, Stefankemp said:

Looks great to me. Can I ask how you painted the purple/pink on the head? I'd like to do something similar on my sylvaneth revenants. 

I started by painting the surface whute for the crest snd black for the scales.

I used a dark purple, light purple, pink and black to make the transition.  Than I started with the dark and with very deluted paints i started blending all the way to pink. Finally i put some white dots on the crest 

I am trying to get a 2500 point Wanders army together for Blood and Glory in November, I haven't started yet!  So this month I want to at least get bought, built and painted:

20 x sisters of averlorn

20 x eternal guard

5 x leaders (waywatchers, prince, spellweaver etc.)

10 x wild riders

I dont have the funds for even half of this yet but hoping it will happen! :S

First pledge as a new member here, I'm going to get my Khorgorath painted this month. Spare time is tight at the moment so I'll see how it goes but it looks like a fun one to paint. I also want to finish at least the slaughter priest and death ringer who had their base coats and shading done last week.

Wish me luck!

IMG_20170905_190411.jpg.57b4b8127d2775275d6be649547e455e.jpg

IMG_20170905_214702.jpg

Just finished my one model pledge from mid-August so I'll post it in here as I don't think I'll have time for much more in September. Flash obviously affects the colours and shading but it's the best I can do without daylight.

My first Disciples of Tzeentch model,  happy enough. :)

WP_20170910_22_15_02_Pro (2).jpg

Well so far this month, I've got everything bar the plaguebearers and seekers ripped off their old bases and stuck to new ones. I finished the bloodletters, blue and brimstone horrors and 70 clanrats before I ran out of sand. Total of 130/500 finished so far.

Half way through the challenge I'm doing details on 2 cold ones, the trebuchet, two daemonettes, a witch elf, a mounted sorceress and finalised 5 daemonettes from last month. Really need to hurry up with finishing them up. Otherwise I won't be able to finish the other 8 Daemonettes in time for a gaming session at the end of the month.

How is everybody doing so far?

Archived