Skeleton Warriors Leaning Forward

ambqsm

Hello all,

I've been a big fan of the novels and video games for years, but a few weeks ago I decided to grab some boxes and start assembling a skeleton army. I bought two boxes of the old style 5-count skeleton warriors and they all turned out fairly decent. I then bought the Skeleton Warriors AoS box with the 10 warriors with options for hornblower, champion, and standard bearer.

My question is while the old-style skeletons sit on their base and stand very vertical, the new style warriors all tend to be in dynamic poses, the majority of them running (and thereby leaning) forward. Is this by design, because it looks really awkward, especially when ranked next to the old-style skeletons.

Anyone have an pictures, preferably from a profile angle, that will show how dynamic that pose is supposed to look? 

My feeling on the skeleton poses has always been that a few of them together look kind of monopose and awkward. However, once you get a good sized bunch (say 20 or more) they start to look like every single one of them is marching in perfect unison -  which is very unnatural, very creepy, and very suited to death.

Just a matter of perspective I guess :)

Archived