Let's Chat: Seraphon 2017

tolstedt

I run a very similar list, but with a few key differences:

I use 3x5 Saurus Knights instead of Skinks.

I use a Stegadon instead of a 2nd Bastiladon. In addition to the Rend-3 horn attacks filling an important anti-armor niche, the Skink Alpha ability to move a SKINK unit D6" combos extremely well with the Ark of Sotek. Teleport the Bastiladon to >9" from the enemy and then use the Stegadon to move the Bastiladon D6". On anything but a 1 you have put yourself within 8" and can start activating the Ark immediately. You have also given yourself a much easier charge range.

I also use Salamanders instead of Kroxigors, but that's just my personal preference.

I also leave ~360 in reinforcement points so I can summon toolkit units like Astrolith Bearer, Starpriest (really strong against Aetherstrike, Necropolis Knights, etc.) Razordons/Kroxigors to chew through hordes, etc. - whatever I need the moment I need it.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: In your report which sounds awesome and like you had loads of fun. You said you burned all of your rerolls (6) on the engine!? If I'm not mistaken, you can't reroll a reroll according to the main rules, so shouldn't  the max amount of rerolls possible be 4? Assuming you have a slann nearby which you did . Sorry not trying to burst your bubble, but I had an opponent quickly snip my hopes in the butt when I did this exact thing  lol. 

Maybe be I am missing something?

got 6 rerolls with my starseer, used all my rerolls on my engine of the gods and failed everything on him. @robertxtrem 

1 hour ago, Southern trolls said:

Question: In your report which sounds awesome and like you had loads of fun. You said you burned all of your rerolls (6) on the engine!? If I'm not mistaken, you can't reroll a reroll according to the main rules, so shouldn't  the max amount of rerolls possible be 4? Assuming you have a slann nearby which you did . Sorry not trying to burst your bubble, but I had an opponent quickly snip my hopes in the butt when I did this exact thing  lol. 

Maybe be I am missing something?

got 6 rerolls with my starseer, used all my rerolls on my engine of the gods and failed everything on him. @robertxtrem 

Where is the rule that says that you can't reroll a reroll? I cant find it anywhere?

Man!! I just can't get over dracothian's tail battalion!! So good! I have played it some times now ant it always surprises me! The versatility and the punch it can provide is amayzing also the double bubble of bload roar with the carnosaur is great against big targets such as mournfang, gore grutas, stoemfiends! Nothing better than seing D3 stormfiends flee!

You guys have to guive this a try!

8 hours ago, Xanax Lot said:

Man!! I just can't get over dracothian's tail battalion!! So good! I have played it some times now ant it always surprises me! The versatility and the punch it can provide is amayzing also the double bubble of bload roar with the carnosaur is great against big targets such as mournfang, gore grutas, stoemfiends! Nothing better than seing D3 stormfiends flee!

I've played it twice now and it's great.

It's great to have a toolbox of two different kinds of summons and the teleport.  Gives the opponent a lot to consider and a chance to blunder off a unit which you can push to an advantage.

I like knights but they don't do much damage.  They are best for harassment.  I think they are as good as liberators for 100.

And the bloodroar is worth 100 points on its own.  I put coronal shield on the carnosaur and buff him with the starpriest for -2 to hit.

58 minutes ago, tolstedt said:

I've played it twice now and it's great.

It's great to have a toolbox of two different kinds of summons and the teleport.  Gives the opponent a lot to consider and a chance to blunder off a unit which you can push to an advantage.

I like knights but they don't do much damage.  They are best for harassment.  I think they are as good as liberators for 100.

And the bloodroar is worth 100 points on its own.  I put coronal shield on the carnosaur and buff him with the starpriest for -2 to hit.

I use the same combo in my carnosaurs the -2 to hit is great!

Hi, i am asking for help for a friend who is starting out seraphon and we are having a "tournament" this weekend, so he has a solid backbone to play and practice before to get a hang on his army list. With what he had we "built" three list, i will put them in order of how much we liked them in theory, but i would prefer honest advice rather than being nice, it's important for him. Thank you all in advance. We are doing the gh 2017 missions and he has also 3 terradons aside what i list in here.

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur(240)
- General
- War Spear
- Trait: Mighty War Leader 
- Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices 

Battleline
40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
- Spears
10 x Skinks (60)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
10 x Skinks (60)
- Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs

Units
1 x Salamanders (40)

Behemoths
Stegadon (240)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200

Second list 

Leaders
Saurus Oldblood (120)
- General
- Greatblade
Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
- Spears
20 x Skinks (120)

Units
2 x Salamanders (80)

Behemoths
Stegadon (240)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Third list

Leaders
Saurus Oldblood (120)
- General
- Greatblade
Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
20 x Skinks (120)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
- Clubs

Units
2 x Salamanders (80)
3 x Skink Handlers (40)
3 x Terradon Riders (120)
- Starstrike Javelins

Behemoths
Stegadon (240)

Reinforcement Points (0)

7 minutes ago, bennyp said:

First outing for my lizards today! It's using anything I already have painted as a starter!

Is there a seraphon whatsapp group?

Hey what a great idea! Didn't know that was a thing! I am nit sure if there is one allready.

But if there is I would like to be on it, if not you should make one!

2 hours ago, Keldaur said:

Hi, i am asking for help for a friend who is starting out seraphon and we are having a "tournament" this weekend, so he has a solid backbone to play and practice before to get a hang on his army list. With what he had we "built" three list, i will put them in order of how much we liked them in theory, but i would prefer honest advice rather than being nice, it's important for him. Thank you all in advance. We are doing the gh 2017 missions and he has also 3 terradons aside what i list in here.

Leaders
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur(240)
- General
- War Spear

Battleline
- Spears
10 x Skinks (60)
10 x Skinks (60)
- Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs

Units
1 x Salamanders (40)

Behemoths
Stegadon (240)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Second list 

Leaders
Saurus Oldblood (120)
- General
- Greatblade
Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
- Spears
20 x Skinks (120)

Units
2 x Salamanders (80)

Behemoths
Stegadon (240)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Third list

Leaders
Saurus Oldblood (120)
- General
- Greatblade
Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
20 x Skinks (120)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
- Clubs

Units
2 x Salamanders (80)
3 x Skink Handlers (40)
3 x Terradon Riders (120)
- Starstrike Javelins

Behemoths
Stegadon (240)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Ok so I would just give my opinion on this:

1. Command trait: all seraphon have bravery 10, I would not take this command trait. Although I like the idea of using the carnosaur command ability and inspiring presence on the 40 saurus unit, I would prefer to guive him  thickly scaled hide instead.

2. For artifact, i also like what he has chosen, but since he has a starpriest as well, coronal shield might be a better option

3. Of the three lists I like the first one best, if he has additional modesl and wants to be more competitive I will probably consider switching the stegadon for something that helps sinergice with the saurus warriors 

10 minutes ago, Keldaur said:

Thank you for the input, i don't know much about seraphon units. What would be good support for the saurus block ? 

An astrolith bearer and a skink priest would guive them reroll saves, run rolls, charge rolls, and reroll to hit.

In addition to that you get +1 to cast and +8 range on the spells that combo is 240, so preatty much you could switch it for the stegadon... But it really depends on your play style

14 hours ago, Xanax Lot said:

Wording is " of ANY carnosaur so unfortunately it only happens once ! " Still loving it ! :D

1 hour ago, robertxtrem said:

Let's put a seraphon whats app together. Message me your numbers and I'll add you.

Probably the best way to do it is to share the Wattsapp group`s invite link in this thread and in lustria online, if you haven't done the group already let me know and I can do it.

This way you won't have to add people manually 

Archived