Let's Chat: Seraphon 2017

tolstedt

10 minutes ago, Pestilens said:

the idea is to 1 drop the slan, the skink starpriest, 40 skinks and 2 unit of naggaron. First turn (after roll the reroll ability with skin) i teleport my priest and i summon 2 carnosaur and 1 unit of naggaront near him; then i teleport (with the double teleport command trait) the troglodont near the monster blob, use the skink prayer (that allow me to rerool fail charge) (i can reroll the dice with skink starseer ability), and try to engage first turn. then i can summon my saurus warriors to take some objective, with the other units of skinks and naggaronts that i had deployed. Sorry for my english :D what do u think?

Great list for a first turn charge.  The bloodroar on the carnosaur can take a huge chunk out of some elites (I would hate to see a carnosaur coming for my orruk brutes).
If everything goes poorly, you can probably still get the troglodon in with the drawn to the screams ability and at the very least less of the enemy force can counter charge your monster block since they will be tied to the troglodon.  Troglodon is great now.

Then for phase 2 I believe you plan to teleport skinks onto objectives?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tolstedt said:

Great list for a first turn charge.  The bloodroar on the carnosaur can take a huge chunk out of some elites (I would hate to see a carnosaur coming for my orruk brutes).
If everything goes poorly, you can probably still get the troglodon in with the drawn to the screams ability and at the very least less of the enemy force can counter charge your monster block since they will be tied to the troglodon.  Troglodon is great now.

Then for phase 2 I believe you plan to teleport skinks onto objectives?

Yea turn 2 i will try only to catch objective, meanwhile my mega bosses try to take timefor hold. I think it could be a good try

2 hours ago, Pestilens said:

Hello guys, this is my list with new formation that i think.

Allegiance: Order
Leaders
Slann Starmaster (260) - General - Command Trait : Great Rememberer  - Artefact :  Coronal Shield  
Skink Starseer (200)
Skink Priest (80) - Cloak of Feathers
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240) - Warblade
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
Units

5 x Saurus Knights (100) -Lances
10 x Saurus Warriors (100) -Spears
10 x Skinks (60) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
20 x Skinks (120) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Behemoths
Troglodon (180)

Battalions
Dracothion's Tail (60)
Firelance Starhost (110)
Total: 1990/ 2000 Points

the idea is to 1 drop the slan, the skink starpriest, 40 skinks and 2 unit of naggaron. First turn (after roll the reroll ability with skin) i teleport my priest and i summon 2 carnosaur and 1 unit of naggaront near him; then i teleport (with the double teleport command trait) the troglodont near the monster blob, use the skink prayer (that allow me to rerool fail charge) (i can reroll the dice with skink starseer ability), and try to engage first turn. then i can summon my saurus warriors to take some objective, with the other units of skinks and naggaronts that i had deployed. Sorry for my english :D what do u think?

Really good plan, I like the idea a lot. The only thing I disagree on, is the 10 warriors, they seem to be a waste of points. Keep those 100 for summoning ?

7 hours ago, Seraphage said:

Really good plan, I like the idea a lot. The only thing I disagree on, is the 10 warriors, they seem to be a waste of points. Keep those 100 for summoning ?

yea i summon them, casue with the formation i can summon only saurus, and i can put them near an objective

I have an idea, if you drop scar vet carno and put a scar vet cold one ( maybe give him an artifact instead priest for make him stringer) and remove 10 and 20 skinks + 10 saurus and troglodont ( i know that Are many units)  but you can add:

- saurus warden

- 15 guards ( you list have not a good rend , they are your best friends)

- 4 razodont ( you have no shooting , they are good for only 160 points )

warden and guards are saurus unit! You can benefit from drathion battalion:)

On 30/8/2017 at 2:11 PM, tolstedt said:

This is my "models I have" list.  I think it will be strong.
Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Slann Starmaster (260)
- General
- Trait: Vast Intellect 
- Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices 
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
- Artefact: Light of Dracothion 
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
Saurus Sunblood (120)
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
Skink Priest (80)
- Priestly Trappings

Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
- Seraphon Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
- Seraphon Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
- Seraphon Battleline
10 x Skinks (60)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
15 x Saurus Guard (300)
- Seraphon Battleline

Battalions
Dracothion's Tail (60)
Firelance Starhost (110)

Total: 1970/ 2000

(Note:  The skink priest is to be summoned.  I can summon skink priest or skink starpriest depending on what I want.  Or even more skinks or 10 warriors or 5 guard.  That's why I have 7/6 leaders here.)

Models I'm going to purchase:
Engine of the Gods
20 more skinks (to give me the unit of 40)
Razordons and/or Salamanders (maybe 4 of each)
Lord Kroak (I may run both kroak and slann at the same time, usually I just proxy the slann as kroak)
Chameleon skinks (the tactic of having them pop up right in the enemy's face is powerful)

I'm going to use dracothian's tail exclusively and mix and match.  170 points for one drop is too good and is the new meta.

i have just seen.. in this list you have 7 heroes .. the limits for 2000 games is 6 :(

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

i have just seen.. in this list you have 7 heroes .. the limits for 2000 games is 6 :(

The skink priest is to be summoned as mentioned in the post.  I can choose skink priest or skink starpriest, whichever is more valuable to the position.

On 09/01/2017 at 5:53 PM, Xanax Lot said:

Just Realize the justification behind the point rise for the old blood on foot.

His command ability is very interesting if you realize you dictate the order of the hero phase.

So if you have a sunclaw starhost , with an old blood as your general, each turn you can give his command ability to a unit of 40 saurus and than teleport it with masters of space and time for which you don't need a slann. That means a 6 inch charge with a 40 man unit that you can do 3 turns in a row.

to make it better you can throw in a starpríest and a skink priest, and that unit will be a beast re-rolling ones to hit getting rend, extra attacks, being -1 to be hit and rerolling charges and saves.

3 turns of this can be devastating, not to mention the sheer amount of wounds

On 09/01/2017 at 7:16 PM, Seraphage said:

I don't think this is how it works because when we teleport a unit, it needs to end up at 9" away so no matter what and how you move before the teleport, the result will still be 9" away from the opponent ! The wording is " ..if uses this ability , seraphon units can IMMEDIATELY.. " so I guess unfortunately we cannot !

but you can choose the order to activate it, can't you? teleport your unit (take care to have 1 model within 10") and then use the command trait to  rearrange the unit 3".

38 minutes ago, tea_wild_owl said:

but you can choose the order to activate it, can't you? teleport your unit (take care to have 1 model within 10") and then use the command trait to  rearrange the unit 3".

With 2 teleports it is doable because if you do not teleport him with the unit, chances are he won't be close enough !

Talking about weapons, i choose to assemble models in this way:

- Saurus knight -> Celestial Blade

- Saurus warriors -> Celestite Club

- Bastiladon -> Searing Beam

- Stegadon -> Skystreak bow

- Skinks -> Boltspitter and Moonstone club

Are these bad choices? I'm a newbye and i follow only my initial thoughts about models!

5 hours ago, Seraphage said:

With 2 teleports it is doable because if you do not teleport him with the unit, chances are he won't be close enough !

I'd say it depends on where you want to attack. you start 18-24" away from your enemy, depending on the scenario. teleporting forward 9" away from enemy leaves you to 9-15" (assuming your hero stands at the front). even if you teleport 20" away from the oldblood, since you only need to be within 10" with one model, you can use 3 models to conga line back (base size +1" gap between models), then rearrange around the most front model (moving the conga line models closer to the enemy,  too), leaving you 6" away from your enemy. with a 40 saurus warrior block you most likely won't get all models within attack range, so it wouldn't matter if you leave 5-10 models behind for a conga line.

I totally like such movement shenanigans, I will give it a try in my planned bloodclaw starhost and report how it worked :)

2 hours ago, tea_wild_owl said:

I'd say it depends on where you want to attack. you start 18-24" away from your enemy, depending on the scenario. teleporting forward 9" away from enemy leaves you to 9-15" (assuming your hero stands at the front). even if you teleport 20" away from the oldblood, since you only need to be within 10" with one model, you can use 3 models to conga line back (base size +1" gap between models), then rearrange around the most front model (moving the conga line models closer to the enemy,  too), leaving you 6" away from your enemy. with a 40 saurus warrior block you most likely won't get all models within attack range, so it wouldn't matter if you leave 5-10 models behind for a conga line.

I totally like such movement shenanigans, I will give it a try in my planned bloodclaw starhost and report how it worked :)

While you need to have decided where to attack before hand and the opponent not change his tactic, what you said makes total sense. Good suggestion, will use it probably to check out how it goes !

6 hours ago, gigigrunge81 said:

Talking about weapons, i choose to assemble models in this way:

- Saurus knight -> Celestial Blade

- Saurus warriors -> Celestite Club

- Bastiladon -> Searing Beam

- Stegadon -> Skystreak bow

- Skinks -> Boltspitter and Moonstone club

Are these bad choices? I'm a newbye and i follow only my initial thoughts about models!

if you play 10 saurus warriors go celestite club , if you wanna run a big unit of 30/40 go lance because you need 2 inches range!

15 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

If you like guards I suggest : 15 guards , you can tp them and after summon an eternity warden ( its 440 points in total combo)!!

Thats a pretty tough hammer unit, I might try that. Seems like a pretty sweet idea to combo with Dracothian's tail. Gives a little more assurance of getting the summons off for supporting characters like the eternity warden.

I agree, the problem Is dracothion battalion have many interpretations . 

In lustria online forum some people say that dracothion is a summon .. So you can set up 3 different unit and after you can t cast in this turn, other guys say that that summon not count as spell.. So you can summon your saurus army from battalion and after you can cast 3 spells normally:)

Archived