Let's Chat: Seraphon 2017

tolstedt

I'll be honest the it's partially the help on the 6" charge, partially the reroll 1's since I'm not likely to be able to use the sunblood turn 1 without the slann and second teleport, and lastly partially because he's 20pts cheaper with close to the same damage output so I can do 400 other points (which made quite a few differences in what I was planning vs. 380).

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

I'm going to disagree with you here. Even without the battalion his command ability is pretty useful. All nearby Saurus reroll 1s to hit, plus Cold Ones get an extra attack? That's solid.

If you put scar vet cold one general , you right. But i think in his list he got scar ver carno as general, without battalion , prob without artifact he Is usless. I think a slann Is more usefull then ob on foot and scar vet on cold one in this list:)

17 minutes ago, Hulksmash said:

I'll be honest the it's partially the help on the 6" charge, partially the reroll 1's since I'm not likely to be able to use the sunblood turn 1 without the slann and second teleport, and lastly partially because he's 20pts cheaper with close to the same damage output so I can do 400 other points (which made quite a few differences in what I was planning vs. 380).

If you drop oli blood foot and scar vet and add a slann you got 360 points to summon, i think they arte enought:)

The Battalion lets you use all command abilities as long as you are within 20" of another hero from the battalion. So none of them HAVE to be the general to function. Hence why if I added a slaan he would be the general so I could get the 2 teleports per game and use his ability.

Dracothian's Tail is amazing.  For 170 points you get a single drop army and the ability to summon Saurus units as you see fit without needing to cast spells.  Just make sure the Slann doesn't die before you get all 3 units of knights out!  There are many, many ways to build this list.

Remember you can use the skink as a vassal for casting to get further range.  Teleport a priest forward and get huge range on summoning.

Be aware that it only works for Saurus.  You can't freely summon Skinks with this battalion.  You can however leave reinforcement points aside and go for the cast to summon chameleon skinks anywhere you desire.  

Looking for some feedback on the 2k list below. New to seraphon and looking for something in a slow grow list. Partially this is trying to make a cheap list (2 sc boxes +eternity warden, guards and sun blood. Convert saurus on cold one and priest from the sc boxes) but also want something fun to paint and effective. 

General idea is that the oldblood on carno command ability buffs my large amount of melee leaders. 

Not sure about artifacts or command abilities yet. I'd love some feeeback if this is the right direction:

Leaders

1x eternity warden
1x skink priest
1x saurus sunblood
1x oldblood on carno (general)
1x scar vet on carno
1x scar vet on cold one 

Battleline

5x saurus guard (3 units)
5x saurus knights (3 units)
20x saurus warriors 

Battalions
Eternal Starhost
Firelance starhost

Thanks!

Here is my list that I believe would work well:

Seraphon Oldblood on Carnosaur (Coronal Shield)

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (Blade of Realities)

Skink Priest

Skink Starpriest 

Slann Starmaster (General, Vast Intelect, Incandecent Rectrices) 

3 x (5) Saurus Cavalry 

2 x (20) Skink Units

1 x (6) Ripperdactils

Dracothion's Tail

Firelance Starhost 

Shadowstrike Starhost 

With this configuration you have a single deployment, everything in dracothion's tail:

You would deploy the two units of skinks, the star priest and the priest, and a unit of saurus knights.

on the first turn roll for constellation and hope to get the +1 to charge, if not try to change it, summon the two carnosaurs as they are different warcrolls, summon one unit of cavalry, strap the trap with the ripperdactils and use masters of space and time to move the skink priest or in not necessary the other unit of taurus knights. Cast the curse of father and than use priestly trappings, if it doesn't go off on a 3 use the curse of dice roll to make it pass.

If you do this right you should be able to charge 6 rippers 2 carnosaurs and a unit of saurus knights on the first turn. That should be enough to destroy anything threatening.

meanwhile use the two units os skinks and the other unit of taurus knights to get objectives.

how do you guys like this one?

I am SO STOKED to finally be able to talk about Seraphon lists, and even more excited to see the discussion has already begun!

Here is my first list attempt:

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
Slann Starmaster (260)
- General
- Trait: Great Rememberer 
- Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices 
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
- War Spear
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

Battleline
40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
- Spears
10 x Skinks (60)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
10 x Skinks (60)
10 x Skinks (60)

Units
1 x Salamanders (40)
1 x Salamanders (40)
3 x Kroxigor (160)
- 1x Moonhammers
2 x Concussors (280)

Behemoths
Bastiladon (280)

Total: 2000/2000

I am really digging the points reductions in this army. Salamanders seem too cheap not to take a few. Kroxigors are decently tanky and can generate a lot of attacks with that Moonhammer. The Concussors are there to add in some needed mortal wound output. 

Still not sure I'm sold on 40 Saurus Warriors. They look awesome, but I'm thinking 40 skinks @ 200 points might be the better massive regiment unit.

Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, scrollbuilderdude said:

Salamanders seem too cheap not to take a few.

I don't have any Salamanders myself but I would tend to think you'd get much more bang for your buck if you had a unit of Skink Handlers to keep them company.

2 hours ago, scrollbuilderdude said:

I am SO STOKED to finally be able to talk about Seraphon lists, and even more excited to see the discussion has already begun!

Here is my first list attempt:

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
Slann Starmaster (260)
- General
- Trait: Great Rememberer 
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
- War Spear

Battleline
40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
- Spears
10 x Skinks (60)
10 x Skinks (60)
10 x Skinks (60)

Units
1 x Salamanders (40)
1 x Salamanders (40)
3 x Kroxigor (160)
- 1x Moonhammers
2 x Concussors (280)

Behemoths
Bastiladon (280)

Total: 2000/2000

I am really digging the points reductions in this army. Salamanders seem too cheap not to take a few. Kroxigors are decently tanky and can generate a lot of attacks with that Moonhammer. The Concussors are there to add in some needed mortal wound output. 

Still not sure I'm sold on 40 Saurus Warriors. They look awesome, but I'm thinking 40 skinks @ 200 points might be the better massive regiment unit.

Thoughts?

You should also visit lustris online! I thibk you would like it 

3 hours ago, Xanax Lot said:

how do you guys like this one?

Yes.  Dracothian's tail is great and everyone will build it differently.  Your list is very good.

The versatility is great with this army.

4 hours ago, rokapoke said:

I don't have any Salamanders myself but I would tend to think you'd get much more bang for your buck if you had a unit of Skink Handlers to keep them company.

I like the idea of keeping them cheap, but I agree the added range would be nice. 16" vs 20" threat isn't too big of a difference though, and having handlers means I need to group them up to maximize the range bonus.

However, what I really want to try doing is taking a unit of 4 with handlers and pulling a double teleport with the Slann's command trait. Drop them within 12" of a target and hope for the best! 4 salamander shots at something big could has some serious potential. Plus, the combined unit cost is only 200 points!

3 hours ago, scrollbuilderdude said:

I like the idea of keeping them cheap, but I agree the added range would be nice. 16" vs 20" threat isn't too big of a difference though, and having handlers means I need to group them up to maximize the range bonus.

However, what I really want to try doing is taking a unit of 4 with handlers and pulling a double teleport with the Slann's command trait. Drop them within 12" of a target and hope for the best! 4 salamander shots at something big could has some serious potential. Plus, the combined unit cost is only 200 points!

So many ideas.  Lots of models to buy.

Seraphon Oldblood on Carnosaur (Coronal Shield)
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (Blade of Realities)
Skink Priest
Skink Starpriest 
Slann Starmaster (General, Vast Intelect, Incandecent Rectrices) 
3 x (5) Saurus Cavalry 
2 x (20) Skink Units
1 x (6) Ripperdactils
Dracothion's Tail
Firelance Starhost 
Shadowstrike Starhost 

Isn't this list 2100 points?

Adam
@elfordminis

This is my "models I have" list.  I think it will be strong.
Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Slann Starmaster (260)
- General
- Trait: Vast Intellect 
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
- Artefact: Light of Dracothion 
Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
Saurus Sunblood (120)
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
Skink Priest (80)
- Priestly Trappings

Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
- Seraphon Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
- Seraphon Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Blades
- Seraphon Battleline
10 x Skinks (60)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
15 x Saurus Guard (300)
- Seraphon Battleline

Battalions
Dracothion's Tail (60)
Firelance Starhost (110)

Total: 1970/ 2000

(Note:  The skink priest is to be summoned.  I can summon skink priest or skink starpriest depending on what I want.  Or even more skinks or 10 warriors or 5 guard.  That's why I have 7/6 leaders here.)

Models I'm going to purchase:
Engine of the Gods
20 more skinks (to give me the unit of 40)
Razordons and/or Salamanders (maybe 4 of each)
Lord Kroak (I may run both kroak and slann at the same time, usually I just proxy the slann as kroak)
Chameleon skinks (the tactic of having them pop up right in the enemy's face is powerful)

I'm going to use dracothian's tail exclusively and mix and match.  170 points for one drop is too good and is the new meta.

When I started playing Age of Sigmar, I began by rebasing my Beastmen, while my other armies, Lizardmen and Tombkings stayed on squares, mostly out of laziness. From there I got distracted by Flesh eaters and Blades of Khorne. But the new hand book has gotten me really excited for Lizards again. I guess I just have to make a list or two out of what I have and buy a ton of round bases! :P 

Just Realize the justification behind the point rise for the old blood on foot.

His command ability is very interesting if you realize you dictate the order of the hero phase.

So if you have a sunclaw starhost , with an old blood as your general, each turn you can give his command ability to a unit of 40 saurus and than teleport it with masters of space and time for which you don't need a slann. That means a 6 inch charge with a 40 man unit that you can do 3 turns in a row.

to make it better you can throw in a starpríest and a skink priest, and that unit will be a beast re-rolling ones to hit getting rend, extra attacks, being -1 to be hit and rerolling charges and saves.

3 turns of this can be devastating, not to mention the sheer amount of wounds

58 minutes ago, Xanax Lot said:

His command ability is very interesting if you realize you dictate the order of the hero phase.

So if you have a sunclaw starhost , with an old blood as your general, each turn you can give his command ability to a unit of 40 saurus and than teleport it with masters of space and time for which you don't need a slann. That means a 6 inch charge with a 40 man unit that you can do 3 turns in a row.

I don't think this is how it works because when we teleport a unit, it needs to end up at 9" away so no matter what and how you move before the teleport, the result will still be 9" away from the opponent ! The wording is " ..if uses this ability , seraphon units can IMMEDIATELY.. " so I guess unfortunately we cannot !

15 minutes ago, Seraphage said:

I don't think this is how it works because when we teleport a unit, it needs to end up at 9" away so no matter what and how you move before the teleport, the result will still be 9" away from the opponent ! The wording is " ..if uses this ability , seraphon units can IMMEDIATELY.. " so I guess unfortunately we cannot !

You are right! I mis-read  the ability!

I guess the only effwctive way to use him them would be in the dracothians tail formation and summon him close to another summoned unit, than on the next turn summon anotjoter unit and than move hik close to the unit.

The teick will have to be to move him instead of the units and summon the units instead of teleporting them.

But after your correction  he does seem a little expensive 

Hello guys, this is my list with new formation that i think.

Allegiance: Order
Leaders
Slann Starmaster (260) - General - Command Trait : Great Rememberer  - Artefact :  Coronal Shield  
Skink Starseer (200)
Skink Priest (80) - Cloak of Feathers
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240) - Warblade
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
Units

5 x Saurus Knights (100) -Lances
10 x Saurus Warriors (100) -Spears
10 x Skinks (60) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
20 x Skinks (120) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Behemoths
Troglodon (180)

Battalions
Dracothion's Tail (60)
Firelance Starhost (110)
Total: 1990/ 2000 Points

the idea is to 1 drop the slan, the skink starpriest, 40 skinks and 2 unit of naggaron. First turn (after roll the reroll ability with skin) i teleport my priest and i summon 2 carnosaur and 1 unit of naggaront near him; then i teleport (with the double teleport command trait) the troglodont near the monster blob, use the skink prayer (that allow me to rerool fail charge) (i can reroll the dice with skink starseer ability), and try to engage first turn. then i can summon my saurus warriors to take some objective, with the other units of skinks and naggaronts that i had deployed. Sorry for my english :D what do u think?

Archived