Let's Chat: Seraphon 2017

tolstedt

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is good.  So much versatility.  But we lack killiness.  You have to use all your tools.  Played 2k Dracothian.  Summoning plus two teleports per hero phase, blasting enemies with arcane bolt, mystic shield on the carnosaur, and starpriest giving -1 to hit are all amazing.  Rerolls to hit on temple gaurd is amazing as well.  The astrolith placement is essential.

I'm going to try razordons and engine of the gods.  

3 hours ago, Falandris said:

So have you guys played some matches yet? I'm quite interested in some of your experience reports. What is working for you and what is not?

All the silence here is giving me the feeling that the lizards, after some initial hype with the GH2017-release, quickly regained their ignored status of the previous edition (at least in this forum). Why is that so? Do we need a major tournament win at first to create some interest in here? >.<

Its actually preformed better than I expected! Hahaha the army is so good right now.... I cant remember the last time I enjoyed so much olaying this army, they can do anything you want and do it well movement, shooting, magic, combat phase, saving, etc.... Additionally you could play either hord army or elite army and both of them would be devastating on the tabletop.

I have played a lot of games now, and most of them I have won with seraphon.. Tho that really come to mind where one against a competitive ironjaws army and another agsinst a 2 stonehorn bestclaw army.... In both games I was able to get s mayor victory by turn 3 using dracothians tail, rippers in conjunction with two carnosaurs and +2 to the charge rerolling failed charges and armour saves are brutal in addition to that if you add an astrolith bearer for rerroling to hit the list gets a lot better.

Another good thing is that our sinergies are so msny that you have s lot of ways to buff your units

1 hour ago, tolstedt said:

Everything is good.  So much versatility.  But we lack killiness.  You have to use all your tools.  Played 2k Dracothian.  Summoning plus two teleports per hero phase, blasting enemies with arcane bolt, mystic shield on the carnosaur, and starpriest giving -1 to hit are all amazing.  Rerolls to hit on temple gaurd is amazing as well.  The astrolith placement is essential.

I'm going to try razordons and engine of the gods.  

I believe we do have killines on our end, the only thing is that it is not as straight forward as having to send a stonehorn to your enemy line and destroy anything it touches, or send some stormfinds to shoot any unit out of the table.... But to be honest I also like that aspect you just have to thibk a little more, and this makes your games more interestibg as ith breack routine on your play stiLe

Finaly if you see some of the tournament results latelly you will see that seraphon have been scoring a lot higher  than before ( up there with silvaneth KO and SCE) To me its just a matter of time before people realize theyr oower level and start taking the more and more to tournaments.

I myself consider seraphon to be way stronguer now than skyre ( my other army) wich was not the case in the last GH2016.

9 hours ago, Centuryslayer said:

What fo you guys take for artefacts and command trait for Slanns?

Also I realized today that the Engine of the gods can take skink comman traits xD

Tho I sortof think a regular steggy is more... stable :P

Man, everything is good for the Slann.  Teleporting twice has been great.  Knowing the extra spells is powerful if you aren't looking to do a lot of summoning.  Probably won't take  the casting bonus one, as we get enough from the constellation and the astrolith to make casting reliable.

There's just so many cool ways to build.  My buddy said he would go huge artillery with salamanders and saurus warriors.  You can do big monster list, skinks, 3 kinds of saurus, magic heavy, it's a great faction now that things are appropriately priced.

1 hour ago, Centuryslayer said:

Yeah I've also thought about using razordons as a screen ^^

Gonna have to look up the Astrolith bearer, thanks :)

I used astrolith to great effect.  Also the skink starpriest's spell and buff are great.  My carnosaur survived 40 skeletons re-rolling hits on a 3+ save by giving them -2 to hit from the starpriest and the coronal shield.  There are ways to take the umph out of enemies.

Just another game using a totally different list.

Salen with double teleport, eternal starhost (20 man unit of tg) and razordons (an idea i took from here) teleported the razordons and the temple guard 9" from the enemy, than summoned an  gastrolith bearer and a skink priest with celestial rites, finally cast a mystic shield on the tg. I was lucky to get the rolls but when the enemy charged they had to receive the shots from the razor dons and than they where facing a a TG unit with D3 damage rerrolling 1+ saves with ignore rend of -1) additionally they rerolled to hit due to the astrolith bearer and had the +1 attack from the eternity warden.

That unit killed the major threat and then was good to be teleported to an objective 

1 hour ago, Xanax Lot said:

Just another game using a totally different list.

Salen with double teleport, eternal starhost (20 man unit of tg) and razordons (an idea i took from here) teleported the razordons and the temple guard 9" from the enemy, than summoned an  gastrolith bearer and a skink priest with celestial rites, finally cast a mystic shield on the tg. I was lucky to get the rolls but when the enemy charged they had to receive the shots from the razor dons and than they where facing a a TG unit with D3 damage rerrolling 1+ saves with ignore rend of -1) additionally they rerolled to hit due to the astrolith bearer and had the +1 attack from the eternity warden.

That unit killed the major threat and then was good to be teleported to an objective 

Nice plan, well done ! A mistake was made unfortunately : the tp counts as a move and thus the guards wouldn't have the D3 damage !

18 minutes ago, Seraphage said:

Nice plan, well done ! A mistake was made unfortunately : the tp counts as a move and thus the guards wouldn't have the D3 damage !

ou are right! I compleatly missed that! Might have to apologize now! Hahaha

7 minutes ago, robertxtrem said:

Does the teleport count as a retreat?

Id doesn't  specificakly say it counts as retreat ( like it fid with ramoaging distroyers) 

So I believe it doesn't count as retreat

Hello guys.

Ive recently played a tournament and finished 4/16. The problem was fireslayers who are greates counter of our army I guess. So i figured out a roster that maybe can be more optimal but still deadly. What do you think?

KoconSeraphon-Allegiance:
Seraphon

Lord Kroak (450)
General

Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
Artefact : Incandescent Rectrices

1 x Gryph-Hound (40)
- Allies

10 x Skinks (60)
-Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs

10 x Skinks (60)

10 x Skinks (60)

40 x Skinks (200)

6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)

4 x Razordons (160)

1 x Razordons (40)

Dread Saurian (380)

Scenery

Balewind Vortex (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Allies: 40 / 400
Leaders: 2/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 2/4

On 6/9/2017 at 7:40 PM, Tizianolol said:

im not a big fun of skinks so honestly i dont know

about knights im pretty sure lance are better . you need mortal wound chance on 6 when you roll to wound

if you play firelance battalion lannce , because it gives you 1 wound more when you roll 6

By the way by the way guys, have the issue of Bloodclaw officially got FAQed yet ? The one that it says you can either choose "..Scar Vetean on foot.." ? They changed that to Oldblood on foot yet or ?

Great Report and really nice listbuilding. You showed up with a self-made, unconvetional non-Kroak List and still succeeded. I would allege, that noone would have expected Kroxigors, Engine and the Arcbastillodon in a competitive list. Much respect for that! 

Archived