Clan Pestilens

Hi everyone. 

Looking at doing a new skaven army. Recently picked up the Clan Pestilens book. Love the look of the plague monks and warmachines but has anyone had any luck with this army. I feel as a Mono list it suffers massively. I don't mind slapping some stormvermin in for added muscle but the monks themselves apart from having multiple attacks seem to suffer from a big negative with lack of Rend. Any advice would be much appriciatted. Although I would like to keep it as pure Pestilens and skaven as possible. 

I'm in the middle of starting my first AoS army, I bought the Virulent Horde battalion box set a while ago to use as a base. I was having the same problem, I think I'd use the battalion warscroll against horde armies, where low armoured tightly packed troop formations will be susceptible to disease and plagues spreading and poisons etc, but they won't be able to do much against high armor value targets. In which case I'd look to diversify a bit. The censer bearers have a -1 rend so maybe load up on a bunch of those and keep them screened/supported by plaguemonks, ready to pile in and take out harder targets.

They are a horde based anti-horde faction. In a game that is increasing not horde based. Worst Verminlord too. 

Only saving grace is the Monks. All buffed up (double standard, double musician) can do a lot of damage. Rend or not. 

The math on the catapult is poor. Could do a lot of damage. Could do absolutely nothing. 1/3 chance to miss and a 1/3 chance to fail to wound. 

I bought the box too as I loved Skaven back in't day. But the rules make them a struggle.

Archived