(Khorne) Bloodskins of the Iron Keep

Mr. White

On 12/17/2017 at 3:48 AM, Aussiemandias said:

Loving that skin colour! Can't wait to see more of your work :) Are you going to be adding any of the larger Khorne beasties- juggernauts and such?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what this 'Bloodpack' will end up with. Khorne has been an interesting diversion.

I originally got into AoS simply for Silver Tower. I started painting that, then a buddy asked me if I wanted his AoS starter...with 80% of the stormcast painted. I took it and my son has the stormcast. I decided to pause ST painting to paint up the Khorne side so we can play some AoS battles.  I'm actually interested in the FEC and have a Start Collecting on my shelf.

So, I'm painting up Khorne on a lark while my ST and FEC side idly by. I didn't go into this thinking Khorne, but Slmabo release, Free WD Slaughterpriest, etc has me adding little to this force. I think I have about 5 more blood reavers, that guy with the large round banner, and the upcoming Darkoath Warqueen and I may call my bloodskins done for the time being. Go back and wrap up ST and finally start my FEC...

• 2 weeks later...

I may have to shamelessly echo some of your great color scheme, at least for the red skin.

I've done my fair share of light skin tones to not want to paint a whole bunch of shirtless barbarians, and I've always liked how my method of drybrushing two progressive reds over a black basecoat ends up looking for other things, and I think it would be great to pick out muscles like green drybrushing does for Orruks.

14 hours ago, Aegisgrimm said:

I may have to shamelessly echo some of your great color scheme, at least for the red skin.

I've done my fair share of light skin tones to not want to paint a whole bunch of shirtless barbarians, and I've always liked how my method of drybrushing two progressive reds over a black basecoat ends up looking for other things, and I think it would be great to pick out muscles like green drybrushing does for Orruks.

Go for it!

I very much enjoy painting colorful skin tones. In fact, I don't think any of my foreseable AoS models are going to be in standard 'earth skin shades' as it were. I'm leaning fully into the Masters of the Universe vibe. My Tzeentch are going to all be blue skinned, my orrucks greens, Flesh Eater Courts either dark blue or dark green, etc.

Oh, I wrote a little more about this warband at a blog I contribute to from time to time: https://wyrdstonesandtacklezones.com/2018/01/08/age-of-sigmar-bloodskins-of-the-iron-keep/

Archived