My First Army Beastclaw WiP

Wow, it's been awhile, but I've finally been free enough to start to work on bases and get some rocks and snow! Also got the first few layers of colors down on the hunter. You can tell he's part of a Eurlbad (The Eating Hand) because of his red hand, a tradition within most alfrostuns - including in the battletome. I gave his winterlion chest skull holder some golden teeth to match the tribe as well as some lively red eyes!

xu.png.0b43eb216d34f0580527edfb76585a48.png

• 6 months later...

This thread has been the catalyst to starting a BCR army! I love the way you have painted everything. Quick question, would you be able to detail how you painted the Mournfang fur a little? (Colours for the fur blend etc...) Cheers!

1 hour ago, bueller87 said:

This thread has been the catalyst to starting a BCR army! I love the way you have painted everything. Quick question, would you be able to detail how you painted the Mournfang fur a little? (Colours for the fur blend etc...) Cheers!

Welcome to the Everwinter, Frostlord! You're just in time for GHB2018 buffs to make us playable again!

So it's been awhile, but if I remember right it goes:

Key:

| Back and Shoulders | to | Middle of the model | to | Legs and Lower Jaw and Feets |

| Eshin Grey | to | Russ Grey | to | Fenrisian Grey | then:

| Nuln wash | to  | 50/50 Nuln/water wash | to  | 25/75 nuln/water wash | then:

Fenrisian Grey drybrush to taste over all

Skin patches are Thunderhawk Blue, toes are Dryad Bark

15 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

Welcome to the Everwinter, Frostlord! You're just in time for GHB2018 buffs to make us playable again!

So it's been awhile, but if I remember right it goes:

Key:

| Back and Shoulders | to | Middle of the model | to | Legs and Lower Jaw and Feets |

| Eshin Grey | to | Russ Grey | to | Fenrisian Grey | then:

| Nuln wash | to  | 50/50 Nuln/water wash | to  | 25/75 nuln/water wash | then:

Fenrisian Grey drybrush to taste over all

Skin patches are Thunderhawk Blue, toes are Dryad Bark

Amazing stuff! I had started a test model with The Fang > Russ > Fenrisian but was at a loss for the shading and drybrushing! Thanks legend, hopefully they look half as decent as yours :)

Archived