Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bonzai

GH2017 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

Recommended Posts

Are any of you savages taking a Rukk at 1k in light of the changes? I'm avoiding Kunnin' on principle, but a 1k Snaga Rukk is still a thing and combined with a Prophet seems like it could bring some damage to the table. It is definitely missing some feet on the ground, which is makin me wonder if I should save it for the move to 1,500 and focus on "soles on the ground". 

 

Snaga Rukk

1 Wurggog Prophet (General)

2 Weirdnob Shaman

2x5 Savage Boarboy Maniaks 

1x10 Arrowboyz

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Or

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

1 Prophet

1 Weirdnob

2x5 Maniaks

1x30 Morboyz 

1x2 Big Stabba

(Grabbing Snaga and some more riders/stabbas when I move to 1.5k)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Towenaar said:

Been thinking about going for Bonesplitterz for my first AOS army, could any experienced player rate my list?

Heroes
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Stonecleava
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint
- Artefact: Glowin Tattooz
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- Artefact: Ju-ju Wotnotz
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Wardokk (100)

Battleline
10 x Savage Boarboys (240)
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)

Allies
Rogue Idol (400)


Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (160)

Total: 2000/2000

 

I'd have got a lot more pre 2017 GH but I still think its a strong list, is the Rogue Idol worth the investment?

 

I think it's solid. You may want to split the boarboys into two units for better objective grabbing. You will want everything else close together for various synergies, so it's good to have a couple of units to throw off on their own.

As for the Idol, I really like them. It's an awesome center piece model. It will also buff your casters, your bravery, and probably act as counter assault in your list. Main question is what could you be taking instead of it? If the opportunity cost is greater, then it may be something to think about. In your case, I don't know what you can add that would bring more to the table.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TheNotebookGM said:

Are any of you savages taking a Rukk at 1k in light of the changes? I'm avoiding Kunnin' on principle, but a 1k Snaga Rukk is still a thing and combined with a Prophet seems like it could bring some damage to the table. It is definitely missing some feet on the ground, which is makin me wonder if I should save it for the move to 1,500 and focus on "soles on the ground". 

 

Snaga Rukk

1 Wurggog Prophet (General)

2 Weirdnob Shaman

2x5 Savage Boarboy Maniaks 

1x10 Arrowboyz

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Or

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

1 Prophet

1 Weirdnob

2x5 Maniaks

1x30 Morboyz 

1x2 Big Stabba

(Grabbing Snaga and some more riders/stabbas when I move to 1.5k)

 

 

 

 

A bare bones Kunning Rukk costs exactly 1,000 points, and is probably THE competitive list at 1k.

You can fit a bare bones Kopp Rukk for 820. The problem is that a bare bones Kopp Rukks suck. They need additional Moreboys to work properly, and  you will probably want more bodies to begin with.

Teef Rukks are fun, but can be situational. It may be something to save points on and stick with just the big stabbas.

 You can take Brutal Rukks but I haven't really seen much point to. If a Big Boss could take a boar mount it could change my mind as it would make boarboys extremely fast. As is, boarboys extra speed is wasted. So what are you going to do with 2+ extra fast savage Orruks on foot? Screen/tarpit? With the remaining 500 points you what would you put in to bring offense? Then the next question is would you have been better off loading up on more offense? The answer to the last question is probably yes. So pretty skip-able for now.

Lastly there is the Snaga Rukk. You can take a bare bones one and have 300 points left. It's certainly an option. The question is if the cost of the Rukk is worth the points you are giving up for the chance to deal random mortal wounds.

Thats my thoughts on it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'd have to agree after spending all last night on the problem while avoiding watching Game of Thrones.

 

I think at 1k I'm gonna go:

Wurggog Prophet

2 Wardokks

1x30 Morboyz 

1x5 Boarboy Manaiks

1x4 Big Stabba

1,000/1,000

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

1x30 Morboyz

Kop Rukk

1,500/1,500

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1 Wardokk

1 Weirdnob Shaman

+1x2 Big Stabbas

Drakkfoot Clan 

 

Magic. Loadsa magic. Planning on using Hand of Gork (or Mork) to "throw" big Stabbas at tastiest parts and using Morboyz to do da main dirty work. Maniak and Weirdnob Maniak crash in to hopefully save Stabbas. 

 

 

 

Edited by TheNotebookGM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheNotebookGM said:

Yeah I'd have to agree after spending all last night on the problem while avoiding watching Game of Thrones.

 

I think at 1k I'm gonna go:

Wurggog Prophet

2 Wardokks

1x30 Morboyz 

1x5 Boarboy Manaiks

1x4 Big Stabba

1,000/1,000

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

1x30 Morboyz

Kop Rukk

1,500/1,500

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1 Wardokk

1 Weirdnob Shaman

+1x2 Big Stabbas

Drakkfoot Clan 

 

Magic. Loadsa magic. Planning on using Hand of Gork (or Mork) to "throw" big Stabbas at tastiest parts and using Morboyz to do da main dirty work. Maniak and Weirdnob Maniak crash in to hopefully save Stabbas. 

 

 

 

I have been thinking on almost the same! My list is: 

- Kop Rukk 200
- Drakkfoot Warclan 160

- Wardokk 100
- Wardokk 100
- Wardokk 100
- Wurrgog Prophet 140

- 30x Morboys 300
- 5x Boarboys Maniaks 160
- 5x Boarboys Maniaks 160

-Total: 1420

I'm still unsure of what I should do with the remaining 580 points, maybe 2x Big Stabbas, a Gaint and a Balewind Vortex (470 extra) or 2 Giants and 20 Arrerz (580 extra). 


The reason I'm thinking of using giants is that I have already got them and they are relatively cheap monsters that can provide a bonus for the Morboys if they die.

Edited by Strammefar
Fixed the table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheNotebookGM said:

Yeah I'd have to agree after spending all last night on the problem while avoiding watching Game of Thrones.

 

I think at 1k I'm gonna go:

Wurggog Prophet

2 Wardokks

1x30 Morboyz 

1x5 Boarboy Manaiks

1x4 Big Stabba

1,000/1,000

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

1x30 Morboyz

Kop Rukk

1,500/1,500

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1 Wardokk

1 Weirdnob Shaman

+1x2 Big Stabbas

Drakkfoot Clan 

 

Magic. Loadsa magic. Planning on using Hand of Gork (or Mork) to "throw" big Stabbas at tastiest parts and using Morboyz to do da main dirty work. Maniak and Weirdnob Maniak crash in to hopefully save Stabbas. 

 

 

 

I like it. If I wasn't taking a Rogue Idol I would absolutely be loading up on 4 units of Big Stabbas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My idea for the new times:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B779el_ONxX5OVRTcjJ0U0kyMUU

Collosal Squig as the bomb running to the enemy lines first. Gets mystic shield and Kunnin Beast Spirits (works outside of BS allegiance), so should survive until loses 16wounds and gets to its destination. Probably scores some wounds mortals on enemy and dies... Giving the Morboyz +1 hit till the end of game as the first slain monster.

Meanwhile Wurggog sits on Vortex dispelling 2 spells with +2 (vortex and mystic waagh paint) on 48" range! Occasionaly casts Brutal Beast Spirits on Arrowboyz/Morboyz when they are in range (36" spell range) + mystic shield for long distance units.

Wardokk moves the Arrowboyz with Hand of Gork, and Chompas run in front to screen. Morboyz screen in the back. With 90 models in the middle you can be quite flexible with the Hand of Gork if you need to screen from back, move to the sides.

Boss protected with additional saves + mortal saves.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think morboys in group of 30 for 300 pts is now the best deal for Bonnesplitters. 

you could play hard hitting easy to kill monster (like Giant or Mangler Squig) that you throw early at opponent so they get their +1 to hit early, then with savage big boss they generate extra attack on 5+, pretty good since they have 2 attacks a piece.

or you could play 2 squad with Orruk warboss, since they have 2 weapon waagh give them +2 attack. once they have +1 to hit they become quite nasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think morboys in group of 30 for 300 pts is now the best deal for Bonnesplitters. 
you could play hard hitting easy to kill monster (like Giant or Mangler Squig) that you throw early at opponent so they get their +1 to hit early, then with savage big boss they generate extra attack on 5+, pretty good since they have 2 attacks a piece.
or you could play 2 squad with Orruk warboss, since they have 2 weapon waagh give them +2 attack. once they have +1 to hit they become quite nasty.

That would be cool but Warboss cannot be general in bonesplitterz allegiance.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like some of the ideas here, particularly @meet.the.doctor's plan to send in a Colossal Squig to do early damage and (by dying) buff the Morboyz. I'm loving the idea of 90 Morboyz in my 2000 points army. It's the kind of line-up you hope an opponent will look at and think: "How am I going to get through that??".

Re: @TheNotebookGM I'm not sure I would take a battalion at 1000 points. At 2000 points I would, but the one I'm really tempted by now is Kop Rukk for reasons people have said, particularly when combined with the Rogue Idol (buffing the Wardokks casting). It would also mean an extra item, and that Wurrgog Mask is absolutely hilarious. I also find Snaga Rukk a bit situational because to get those Mortal Wounds you need to charge in the hero phase (how often are you prepared to charge in the hero phase?). Kop Rukk gives you much more solid benefits.

My current 2k points ideas (posted on the previous page) don't include a battalion though, 'cause I still think I'd rather have boots on the ground. You can have 5 Maniaks for a Kop Rukk, and that's a tricky decision to make IMO...

Edited by Pedro_L
spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah if you're running 90 Morboys a suicide ally monster is almost a must. Colossal Squig is a solid choice, a Giant being the cheapest in points?

I've been thinking of the best set up for my Savage big boss to keep him alive as leader of the Kunnin' Ruck. Am I right in thinking with the Glowing Tattooz artifact and the shield he has a 5+ save which can't be affected by rend and can be rerolled? (then a further 6+ save thanks to his warpaint rule)? Seems like a tough set up, I'd make him the general but the Wurgog Prophet has a better command ability so he'll lead the force. Updated list:

Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- Trait: Prophet of da Waaagh!
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Granite Choppa & Shield
- Artefact: Glowin Tattooz
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Savage Trophy
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
5 x Savage Boarboyz (120)
5 x Savage Boarboyz (120)
Rogue Idol (400)
Kunnin' Rukk (160)

Total: 2000/2000

Edited by Towenaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my list after the new GHB2017 came out.

*DrakkFoot War Clan *

- Kop Rukk

- Wurrgog Prophet

-Squirmy Warpaint

-Big Wurrgog Mask

-WarDokk

-Ju-Ju Wotnotz

-WarDokk

-Mystic Waaagh! Paint

-WarDokk

-Maniak Weirdnob

-Savage Orruk Morboys (30)

-Savage Orruk Morboys (30)

-Savage Big Boss

-Savage Orruk Arrowboys (30)

total 2000 pts.

mix and match spells any way you like as you can get at least 5 off a turn most of the time 

Let me know what you think.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are your guys thoughts about summoning a Balewind Vortex for the Prophet?  I have seen this done a couple times in online battle reports and it seems pretty good.  Shoving the Squigly Curse spell across the table seems pretty nice and against some armies they can not interact with him.  I am just not sure it is worth a hundred points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

What are your guys thoughts about summoning a Balewind Vortex for the Prophet?  I have seen this done a couple times in online battle reports and it seems pretty good.  Shoving the Squigly Curse spell across the table seems pretty nice and against some armies they can not interact with him.  I am just not sure it is worth a hundred points. 

I am doing it quite a lot and it is great, because:

 - Combine it with Mystic Waaagh Paint - and you have 2 unbinds on 48" with +2 to unbind (+1 Vortex, +1 Paint)

- Your Wurggog becomes a mortal wound long distance artilery with Savage Lore (If you chose eg. Squigly Curse - you can snipe Heroes/Monsters on 40",  or Bone Krusha on 48" but only 1 mortal Wound) + Arcane Bolt;

- I use it for Brutal Beast Spirits to have better control over the board to add buffs to Arrer Boyz or regular boyz (36" range)

- If you combine it with Arcane terrain and get lucky with Wardokks it is an autohit.

- Our magic is our only free asset right now. Take a lot of shamans!

@MilesTheHammer - Wurggog Mask is great but when it fails you lose a hero. In my opinion it is better to have it on cheapest Wardokk. The one that you will put eg. Hand of Gork, which you don't have to use in the moment when he gets in the 12" range for the mask. And this is one of the funniest Destruction toys. I took with it a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon, who underestimated one little Wardokk ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Towenaar said:

Yeah if you're running 90 Morboys a suicide ally monster is almost a must. Colossal Squig is a solid choice, a Giant being the cheapest in points?

I've been thinking of the best set up for my Savage big boss to keep him alive as leader of the Kunnin' Ruck. Am I right in thinking with the Glowing Tattooz artifact and the shield he has a 5+ save which can't be affected by rend and can be rerolled? (then a further 6+ save thanks to his warpaint rule)? Seems like a tough set up, I'd make him the general but the Wurgog Prophet has a better command ability so he'll lead the force. Updated list:

 

I think if we use the Glowing Tatooz you can ignore normal wounds on 5+(rend applies), but 6 is always a success regardless of rend (because of Warpaint). We don't throw twice like Death players. The Big Boss doesn't have an option for shield I think. He just have a stone cleava and that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, meet.the.doctor said:

@MilesTheHammer - Wurggog Mask is great but when it fails you lose a hero. In my opinion it is better to have it on cheapest Wardokk. The one that you will put eg. Hand of Gork, which you don't have to use in the moment when he gets in the 12" range for the mask. And this is one of the funniest Destruction toys. I took with it a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon, who underestimated one little Wardokk ;)

 

 

I second this. I absolutely love this item. It is obviously swingy but last week I one shot killed a Thundertusk.  Was one of the most memorable game moments I have ever had, me and the group will most likely be talking about it for years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meet.the.doctor said:

I am doing it quite a lot and it is great, because:

 - Combine it with Mystic Waaagh Paint - and you have 2 unbinds on 48" with +2 to unbind (+1 Vortex, +1 Paint)

- Your Wurggog becomes a mortal wound long distance artilery with Savage Lore (If you chose eg. Squigly Curse - you can snipe Heroes/Monsters on 40",  or Bone Krusha on 48" but only 1 mortal Wound) + Arcane Bolt;

- I use it for Brutal Beast Spirits to have better control over the board to add buffs to Arrer Boyz or regular boyz (36" range)

- If you combine it with Arcane terrain and get lucky with Wardokks it is an autohit.

- Our magic is our only free asset right now. Take a lot of shamans!

 

 

I will give it a try.  I love the idea of bombing away with the Squigly Curse. Think I will convert one up to look a bit more savage orcy and jam it in some lists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, realised I was reading the old warscroll for the Big Boss. The battletome only has the big axe as a weapon option.

Still I think the Prophet has the better command ability, working on a new list without Kunnin Ruck, think I'd rather play something more close combat oriented.

Edited by Towenaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was playing a mix of bonesplitterz before GHB17. The point increase seem fine, maybe they went a bit hard with the character but nothing scandalous. 

with GHB17 i think you need to play bonesplitterz allegeance for it to be fiable tough. I really like the morboys at 300 pts for 30.

The list i want to test look like this:

savage big boss 120
maniack weirnob 120
wardok 100
maniack weirnob 120
10 savage orruk 120
30 arrowboys 360
30 morboys 300
4 big stabbas 200
   
kunning ruk 160
   
20 nigth goblin 130
3 fanatics 100
giant

170

The list is customizable, the core is the the block of 30 arrowboys and 30 morboys, and at least 3 wizard choices.

make the Big boss the general and you can either shoot thing with kunning ruk, or hit hard it close combat with the morboys. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2017 at 5:52 PM, meet.the.doctor said:

My idea for the new times:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B779el_ONxX5OVRTcjJ0U0kyMUU

Collosal Squig as the bomb running to the enemy lines first. Gets mystic shield and Kunnin Beast Spirits (works outside of BS allegiance), so should survive until loses 16wounds and gets to its destination. Probably scores some wounds mortals on enemy and dies... Giving the Morboyz +1 hit till the end of game as the first slain monster.
 

I really wish I could get my hands on an Incarnate Elemental of Beasts for just that reason. It can be summoned, so it doesn't take up ally slots or mess with allegiance. You can place it 18 inches forward (further if you have a balewind), so that it will be right up in your enemies face causing first turn pressure.  It can potentially snipe a characer and charge first turn.  Worst case scenario it disrupts your opponent for a turn and buffs your moreboys for the rest of the game.

The downsides? It is an insane 11 to cast the summon spell. Fortunately Bonesplitterz have access to buffs to mitigate that. +2 from Kopp Rukk, +1 from the idol, +1 from vortex, +1 situationally from a relic. 

The second downside? Try finding one. I've been looking for a year and have yet to see one for sale.

Would love to run one at 2.5k games. Would add a unit of 4 big stabbas and 300 reserve points to my 2k list and be good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I am looking more at Morboyz now and found one interesting thing.

Power of the Beast Spirit gives us +1 to hit on Morboyz as soon as A MONSTER is slain. Which is permanent I think.Does it mean that after second monster is slain they'll get +2 to hit.

Edited by meet.the.doctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, meet.the.doctor said:

As I am looking more at Morboyz now and found one interesting thing.

Power of the Beast Spirit gives us +1 to hit on Morboyz as soon as A MONSTER is slain. Which is permanent I think.Does it mean that after second monster is slain they'll get +2 to hit.

No it's just one +1 unfortunatly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it would be pretty insane if it gave +1 each monster, but it would be worded differently were that the case. Incarnate Elemental of Beasts is an interesting option, didn't realise Bonesplitterz wizards could summon them. I still think I'd prefer the Colossal Squiq for the scary damage output though, and if you miss the roll to summon its a big loss.

How does everyone play the Wardokks ritual dance ability? If for example I roll Grimdokk Dance at the start of my hero phase (heal D3 wounds) could I wait until the end of the hero phase to use the ability (in case my Wardokk or other Bonesplitterz unit hurts themselves during the phase)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Strammefar said:

@bonzai

Maybe it is possible to convert one from a Giant and some Sylvaneth bits?

I sent FW an e-mail to see if it would be able to make a comeback like the idol. This is what I got in reply; 

"Hi there,
Thank you for your email. The Incarnate Element of Beasts does have a faithful following of people such as yourself, so you never know it may make a return to production. We will certainly pass on your request to bring it back to the relevant people."

So there is hope yet. Most of the time I get a reply saying that the molds are destroyed, so fingers crossed. If any of you want to add your voices to the petition.... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...