Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How is everyone going about bashing there modles for Warhammer Quest Silver Tower. Unique to the game or to match your armies?

This is what I have been playing with, but I'm not sold on it yet so I'm looking for inspiration

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

This looks cool, the crackle basing is very fashionable right now and you've given it a very nice twist with the colours, but it feels like it's missing something.  

Tufts wouldn't really seem right I don't think, maybe some crushed crystal or some kind of exotic flock.  Another idea is to use some kind of bits of Tzeentchian metal work, for example the top plate from the flaming chariot has some nice detail that could easily be press molded to produce pieces to add to bases.  Brass etch sheet with organic patterns could be cool and rolled up pieces of fine wire flattened down would make cool spiral type metal floor pieces.  These are the sort of things I'm thinking for mine, but for the time being I've just painted them black until I get all the models painted.  Also, seeing as GW have just announced the perfect bases for the Deathwatch Overkill game maybe in a few months we'll get a perfect Silver Tower basing solution. 

Edited by cb_rex

I like the colours underneath, but I'm not sure about the black. For me, Tzeentch magic should be bright and fizzy. Have you tried other colours over the top of your Agrellan Earth? 

Played around with a few ideas today but I think this is what I will go with, sand painted blue. I will add coins, parchment etc on the larger bases to Tzeench it up but this is easy, quick to do and looks great.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

That does look great.  I much prefer that even though it's far simpler.  It definitely says Tzeentch to me.

What blues did you use, Ben? 

I'm toying with the idea of doing black marble bases for mine, but it's a heck of a lot of effort per base and I'm half tempted to switch to something easier. 

20160531_073651-1_zpsh2pm4jn7.jpg

• Like 1

Here are a few more I've seen on Twitter, the first one is awesome but looks a bit to much work for what I'm looking to do  

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 3

Sold on the blue sand having seen this, easy to do and looks great, especially with a bit of light effects from the Horrors. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

But then if you want to use the models in a larger battle in AoS, I guess "Silver Towerize" (yup, it's a word...) your bases too much could be a pb.

The Twitter pics are awesome but it's too much related to Tzeench for me, especially for the heroes which I'm sure will join other survivors on the battlefield.

The problem is - if I "Silver Tower" the bases they will stand out if I use the figures for mainstream AOS , but I do like the floor tile designs as above - Hmm gonna have to think on this !

I think I am going to work in some silver tower aspects on some of my character models for my AoS stuff and base the Silver tower hero guys in a way that allows them to blend into army display boards

Those look great, how did you get the crackled effect?

Aggrellan earth on the painted ones, and a "Golden crackle paste" for the bigger one. Liking Agrellan better myself. 

48 minutes ago, StoneMonk said:

Aggrellan earth on the painted ones, and a "Golden crackle paste" for the bigger one. Liking Agrellan better myself. 

Thanks! Just checked and I have some AE. I like that Golden stuff on the last pic, I'm planning on making my Ironjawz basing in Ghul Deserts...to reflect the Fury of Gork book (Great story if you haven't read it). 

Definitely on the list, a few others to get through on the podcast before we get to Fury of Gork

First bases finished using simple sand painted blue, looks great.

I have also started to make some coin piles and parchment from green stuff to add to the bigger bases. image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 3

I've been researching a few options in resin bases, if anyone wants a ready-made solution.

AYLqua0l.jpg

These are Ruined Temple bases from Secret Weapon Miniatures.  They're missing a 50 mm round base (ex. Ogroid Thaumaturge).

6YKpDRxl.jpg

These are Arcane bases from Micro Art Studio.  This is what I'm going with for my custom hero character.  Like Secret Weapon Miniatures, they're missing a necessary base size as well - this time, 32 mm round (ex. Tzaangors).

Edited by APH
  • Like 1

Using Agrellan Earth here also. Cut out some plastic card to make Tzeenthian shapes.

Also threw an eye on one :)

ST bases.jpg

• Like 2