Kronos' Monstrous Chaos Log

Kronos

After the photobcket fiasco ive been debating whether to rdit and upload stuff again or to let them wither. Instead I've decided to collate my Chaos conversions... one day to be painted, into one lg. I promise you it will be slow, it will be indecisive and a lot of the time it will remain silent, especially when something new and shiny catches my eye. 

Anyway first off an apology for double posting the content you might have previously seen, so I'll start with them. My two scratchbuilds/ bashes. First off the big bad man and rightful leader of my bare plastic/resin army.

Ghrandukker u'Raak Throrgg, the Age of Sigmar styled Troll King.

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 13
  • LOVE IT! 2

And finally, Sayl the heavily mutated sorcerer and his pet, Nightmaw. Really like these two and very happy with how Sayl turned out, he still needs some gs work. And Sayls warriors, large brutish Forsaken, undecided (told you) whther i want to add cloaks, fur or shields to their backs.

Next up... soon, should be a Villitch conversion and a Gigantic Chaos Spawn. And Trolls when I get the funds.

IMG_1994.JPG

IMG_1995.JPG

IMG_1996.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

• Like 14

What an amazing collection of conversions. I'm glad that you reposted these, I'd have hated not to have seen them. The sheer scale and the vision required to create the larger conversions is staggering.

Good use of a variety of kits.  I'm a big fan of turning Sci-fi kits into fantasy models, especially when they're so well executed. I think that fur, or cloaks would look best on the backs - they look too chaotic to use shields!

Which mini have you used for Sayl's lower body? I can't place it. 

I'll be watching with interest. 

MGP

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kronos said:

After the photobcket fiasco ive been debating whether to rdit and upload stuff again or to let them wither. Instead I've decided to collate my Chaos conversions... one day to be painted, into one lg. I promise you it will be slow, it will be indecisive and a lot of the time it will remain silent, especially when something new and shiny catches my eye. 

Anyway first off an apology for double posting the content you might have previously seen, so I'll start with them. My two scratchbuilds/ bashes. First off the big bad man and rightful leader of my bare plastic/resin army.

Ghrandukker u'Raak Throrgg, the Age of Sigmar styled Troll King.

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

That's massive! And so cool! Great to see how so many bits come together to make something so awesome. 

• Like 2

@Mohojoe Thanks man.

@KramerThank you, he is HUGE. Hes a few inches taller than Ghurk Glott. I'd say probably as tall as a Knight titan.

@MyGeekyPersona Thanks, Morguur was more of an on the whim conversion with trial and errror of bits, Throgg was a meticulous plan, took about a month of planning and then about two weeks to make, he's still not done either. I really want to add a cape. Been very inspired by the total war Throgg that came out recently. As for Sayl the model is Death by CMoN from the Game seven sins, the rest of the model will feature in other conversions.

These are all fantastic. You weren't kidding when you said "Age of Sigmar styled." So much imagination and flavor in each conversion. The hounds and forsaken in particular have so much character. Can't wait to see how you paint them up! Congrats 

• Like 1

@Rungi Thank you very much. They were entirley unplanned upon purchase, the forsaken started life as word bearers, then Death GUard Chosen and finally the forsaken you see. The Hounds were initially for an Orion/Kurnth conversion which im just not happy with.

@uselesswizard thank you, very glad you like them.

No updates unfortunatley as Im away on holidays, but have decided to make my Chaos Troggoths of various shapes and sizes rather than follow a prescriptive model size. The majority will not be Originally trolls, although im holding out to see if some yet to be released model will fit the bill. Have some time this evening and may begin the writing the Background for Throgg which is floating around in my head.

That's truly a troll king! What a badass looking conversion. The only thing I would change is his right hand, either to have it gripping the handle or on top of it in a relaxed style (probably a lot more work). 

Morghur is my favorite though. A real nightmare. It reminds me a bit of Ludwig, The holy blade from the game Bloodborne. Have you seen it? :) Brilliant concept and execution, love the tree and the mushrooms on the back. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Korpur, i have been meaning to rework that hand, originally it was relaxed on top, but just looked like he was trying to read his imaginary watch... so I've tightened the grip, its not perfect but better now, will take photos of Throgg once i do a bit more work, need toes, some scales and his most unimpressive cape.

Anyway, Update!

first off a model that appear din my old log, but in a different form, still wip, but I'm very very happy with the pose and look, just needs refining and some frost, I present. Chaos  Yehtee of Ghur, like Yehtees, only larger and more feral. Needs more fur around the face and some more bones etc, bits and touches of Greenstuff.

Second one is my first None character Chaos Troll. I've decided to build the trolls from the giant kit, with this one being an out of the norm Trolls, a forsaken Troll, but not a full spawn troll, those come later. That why is he will be slightly bigger than the trolls made from giants and needs to made from a ghorgon

Reasoning behind size is, Trolls used to be huge as miniatures, towering over everything bar dragons, I feel the current size as they are just makes large rather than formidably, total war size is more or less what im aiming for.  So it may mean less trolls, in my army of Trolls, but each one will be  mini piece of itss own, after Throgg. On the Other hand Throgg looks not as Gigantic, but equally it means he has a closer link size-wise with his kin, hes still a fair few inches taller mind you.

only have basics done for this guy, still lots of work and greenstuff to go. 

IMG_2114.JPG

IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2119.JPG

IMG_2120.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Another, small update.

giants arrived this morning and got busy cutting thme up and assembling. Main inspiration behind this idea is an old Throgg conversion i saw based on the giant, its still on cmon and remians one of my favourite converisons out there.

in the update is also a size comparison with the forsaken troll, size compariosn with Throgg, a size compariosn with a wip Hellis Troll, or Giant spawn troll, which is an old failed conversion, given new life. Size comparison with the Chaos Yehtee and a sneak peek at Villitch, will be buying a gaunt summoner to add head and stuff onto the robes, and thinking of using a Talos head for Thomin.

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

• Like 2

The Saga of Throgg

In frozen foothills and icy crags of Northern Ghur find the Kingdom of Ghrandukker u'raak Throgg.

Throgg, King of Trolls, beast and ilk. The Bulwark of Chaos. Winters Tooth.

From the Age of Myth, and Worlds Before, The Troll King sought realms of Men.

To fight and conquer, to rule and destroy. All meet the jaws of filth. 

Hammers clash and steel split, the God of Azyr and the Lords of  the Duardin fought the Bitter Beast.

None bested Throgg, his wounds turned scale, horn, and twisted hide.

Grimnir, of Flame and Hate, twice and valiantly slayed the Beast.

On death  the Beast returned with broods of trolls from blood.

With bitter retreat and spite, the God-King unleashed the Heads of Destruction.

Beast God and the God Beast fought day and night.

The Troll King would not be slain. Yet wild fury broke his will.

Pushed to his realm far North and kept at bay, Orruks kept watch of Throgg.

Aeons come to pass, and the power of Gods wane.

Ghrandukker musters a Monstrous Horde,

Marching South to war, seeking armies of Gork and Sigmar.

The Troll King pledges dark oaths to decimate the realm of Ghur.

Edited by Kronos

Some more bits and bobs, probably the 

ast of the weekend.

Gaunt summoner arrived so Vilitch is making headway...

started on my second Chaos Troll, swinging his flail like a lunatic.

Not sure whther the Glottkin Conversion will remain as spawn trolls along with a maggoth or whether I want them as just that, a unit of Maggoths for the Forsaken/human alliance.

IMG_2160.JPG

IMG_2161.JPG

IMG_2162.JPG

IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update, no painting yet, obviously, but Ive been making snail pace progress on the Trolls, and if you havent seen alos creating a fanmade Battletome for the Monstrous Horde.

so direcly linked from the Tome is the Wodr Troll, he doesnt vomit or use weapons, instead he traps his victims in a combination of mucus and Bile and the tears them apart and eats them, or keeps them for later, usually the former. Very happy with the mucus result...

the last little update is the scales on my trolls, was going to sculpt them but decided chopped resin has the harder scale look, now im thinking of joinging thme in with a textures paint and maybe give it a final touch of liquid gs.

IMG_2247.JPG

IMG_2248.JPG

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 4

Update, been bust on Morghurs base finally, luckily I have an abadoned Sylvaneth warband, they will be the majority of Morgurs Horde, mutated dryads, spawn and other unspeakables, lots left do, stirland mud may just be one of my new favourite sculpting mediums so it will feature in joining those pesky gaps. Sorry forthe lighting, the sun never seems to shine on this forsaken island.

IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

Right, Morghurs base lamost dne, may st importantly, I found the HDR function on my ipad...

Also think black backgrounds are the wya to go in my lemon light.

Ver very happy wth the outcome, particularly the two twisting dryads in the vortex tree man too, as he is floating foot rest for morghur.

IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2293.JPG

IMG_2298.JPG

• Like 2