GH2017 - Ironjawz Review & Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, Chillpill said:

Painting 60 Ardboys though.... :/

Get used to it...almost every faction with reductions will have players painting 30-90 of this and that. I dont envy people that need to paint 100+ skellies now. Or more then one unit of 60 moonclan grots...

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Get used to it...almost every faction with reductions will have players painting 30-90 of this and that. I dont envy people that need to paint 100+ skellies now. Or more then one unit of 60 moonclan grots...

I thought I was done paiting clanrats after doing 60... now I need at least 20 more, maybe even more than that. At least I have a quick 5 colors and a wash process that makes them look pretty good in a short time.

On 22 agosto 2017 at 7:30 PM, Garxia said:

To bloodfist or not to bloodfist, that's the question...

My bloodfistless list:

Megaboss on Maw-Crusha - Brutal Charisma, Daubing of Mork
Megaboss 
Weirdnob - Boss Skewer
Warchanter

Ironfist 

10 Brutes
5 Brutes
3 Gore Gruntas
10 Ardboys
10 Ardboys

2000 pts on the nail, using all units and characters, some bodies with 2 Ardboys units, 4 characters for Destroyers, Gruntas for speed and Big inspired presenced brutes. Also with charisma, the 2nd brutes unit won't be so scared of bravery losses.

I love that, maybe instead of 5 brutes you could test a big unit of 20 ardboys ( for hold objective) .. But brutes can be good to grab objective.. Ira a choice but the general idea Is valid imo:)

11 hours ago, domus said:

Hey guys, the battle between Pete Foley and Ben Johnson on the Warhammer TV stream today was amazing and absolutely worth watching.  One of the most exciting games I've seen on the stream to date!

Brutish Cunning happened

(*not British Cunning, as some of my friends misread LOL - although that happened too!)

hello sir.

would you please tell us the specifics of mr. foley's ironjawz list?

thinking of allies I'm quite liking this as a list idea 

Megaboss on foot, brutish cunning, meatripper 

weirdnob

orruk warboss (on boar) with waaagh banner (allies 140 pts)

30 Ardboyz 

5 brutes

5 brutes

5 brutes

5 brutes

ironfist

grot spear chukka (allies 120pts)

grot spear Chukka (allies 120 pts) 

not sure if the re-roll 1s to wound is worth it over just a second Megaboss (or make a brutes into a 10 and take 3 piggies

12 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

I love that, maybe instead of 5 brutes you could test a big unit of 20 ardboys ( for hold objective) .. But brutes can be good to grab objective.. Ira a choice but the general idea Is valid imo:)

IMO Ardboys should be fielded in units of 10 or 30. 

10 are good and still plenty of wounds, and not so expensive.

30 benefits from Massive Regiments discount, and you need to kill 10 (20 wounds) to prevent them scoring on objectives that need 20 minis.

20 aren't bad, but if they suffer 2 wounds, they can't score a 20 man objective, so I prefer to field them on 2 units of 10.

TLDR: I don't want to paint more Ardboys :D

7 hours ago, Fungrim said:

Anyone know if the Troll Hag has had a points reduction same as Rogue idol?? Seen someone say they're fitting one into their allies slot!

thats been me asking all over the place! troll hag currently 400 points so it fits. 

The unofficial/accidentally leaked FW points from 2 months ago had it as low as 300 (but who knows if that was correct). Watch out saturday!

They also mentioned squig gobba might be getting rules update (I may have misheard in which case that is a rumour that i have made up)

2 hours ago, Donal said:

thats been me asking all over the place! troll hag currently 400 points so it fits. 

The unofficial/accidentally leaked FW points from 2 months ago had it as low as 300 (but who knows if that was correct). Watch out saturday!

They also mentioned squig gobba might be getting rules update (I may have misheard in which case that is a rumour that i have made up)

I saw a chap on Instagram saying he's painting one up for his allies slot because it's 400 pts!

I'll track him down and see if he has evidence...

I now see the error of my ways ??

On 8/22/2017 at 1:40 AM, Sangfroid said:

Good morning gorks fans 

th pieces of the puzzle are slowly falling into place but I'll caveat this with the fact that as I haven't actually seen the wording myself some of these abilities/items may work differently depeding on the exact wording. 

Bloodtoof:

love the idea of this battalion and the new battalion tax finally bites home for IJ though to be fair if it didn't cost 300pts it would be in every single IJ list I imagine. 

Megaboss on MawKrusha: General, Ironclad, armour of Gork 

weirdnob: boss skewer

megqboss: Meat ripper (-1 rend one )

10 brutes

5 brutes

5 brutes

3 goregruntas 

3 goregruntas

ironfist

bloodtoofs

=2000pts

I have been using this exact list (with a Warchanter) and it's pretty nails (Previosuly talisman on Krusha brew on footboss) and was the list I was going to use to for mine and @Chris Tomlin (Sorry I mean Megaboss Krunk) grudge match at Bristol Smash that the famed Megaboss chickened out on (just kidding was a ironclad reason Da dum dum tsssh). 

I think with the new allegience abilities it really pumps up first we have +2 to charge the brutes become bravery 8 (9 if the boss skewer works need to read that really) and so you can almost not use inspiring prescene at all instead hitting up a Waaagh once engaged (still use it while you advance to be safe). 

If im reading it correctly you have a general that reduces the rend of incoming attacks by 1 (so -1 becomes 0 -2 becomes -1) and if we get the mystic shield on him is bouncing a mortal wound back on a 5+ (against a natural rend -1 and 0 attacks) and a 6+ against rend -2, he becomes a great horde killer, against 120 4 to hit 4 to wound rend -1/0 damage 1 attacks, he will take on average 5 wounds and bounce 20 mortals back, also makes him a good shout against Stardrakes and things that don't have better than rend -1 (rend -2 at a push if we think he can take them down quick) 

with the footboss having meat ripper we also then have 5 sources of rend -2 across the army. 

not sure if I can actually get any work done today, might just spend the day on TGA list theorising with you fellow Megaboss :-)

Looks awesome!

Quick smashy list I devised on the way to work for 1000 points

Megaboss - Brutish Cunning, Destroyer
10 Brutes
5 Brutes
3 Gore Gruntas
Giant

Plan with this list is to keep Megaboss and Brutes together while the giant and Gore Gruntas cause havoc and contest far objectives. If an enemy tries to charge the horde, I hopefully charge either brute unit at them with brutish cunning

The goal is to overwhelm one side of the board where I can get the most objective points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Malakithe said:

What about an ally of moonclan? A unit of 60 grots is 360pts

You can get 60 Grots for cheaper than that due to Massive Regiment bonus. Well worth a look in IMO.

Sorry I've been quiet last couple of days. Spent so much time on here earlier this week that work has finally caught up with me. Will be back to discuss stuff more next week and will have played at least one game!

• Chris Tomlin changed the title to GH2017 - Ironjawz Review & Discussion - UPDATE 22/08 - New Battalions!!

We haven't escaped the FAQ nerf bat completely, the ardnob and Grimgor have been taken from us RIP you heroes. 

To offset this travesty 2 of ironjawz most hated foes have taken a significant hit the Stonehorn and the Mourngul (though the latter recieved a buff to its save after save

1 hour ago, Beardbattered said:

Holy smokes....  I don't remember what the old scroll looked like.  They weren't anywhere near this good before were they?

No, and they weren't this expensive* points-wise as far as I'm aware! The only obstacle now of course is they're £48 a pop...

4 minutes ago, Sangfroid said:

We haven't escaped the FAQ nerf bat completely, the ardnob and Grimgor have been taken from us RIP you heroes. 

To offset this travesty 2 of ironjawz most hated foes have taken a significant hit the Stonehorn and the Mourngul (though the latter recieved a buff to its save after save

I saw that!  I never got a chance to re-paint and re-base my rescued Grimgor Ironhide.  Shucks.  I guess he could still work as a Warboss with Waaagh Banner in the meantime.

Archived