GHB17 - Let´s talk Chaos

Furious Robert

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Nico said:

It has never been properly clarified, but you will not be able to use DD for mortal wounds at an event.

So tournament house rules in, I assume, the uk? That's a relief then since it only affects a tiny minority of players. I don't think you should state things like "now that mortal wounds aren't damage" unless GW rules it so.

9 minutes ago, YourSwordisMine said:

I keep hoping he gets redone. His spell should only work on his Spawn Buddy, not on everything and their grandmother... 

But how am I supposed to throw my Varanguard into the enemies face nice and quick?

1 minute ago, Xasz said:

He's not in the book, his points are still the same.

For now! Forgeworld points updates have been rumoured to be imminent upon the release of GHB2017!

I hope he goes to 300 points so people don't spam him

42 minutes ago, YourSwordisMine said:

I keep hoping he gets redone. His spell should only work on his Spawn Buddy, not on everything and their grandmother... 

He won't, and you'll be drawing your pension before forgeworld give us an AoS campaign or any books all the while their other golden geese are laying eggs.  Lets face it, if this were 40K blades of khorne would have had a FAQ within a week.

If FW were keeping to the fluff of the original Tamurkhan campaign then it should really be for any Slaves to Darkness unit.  He after all falls into that allegiance or Tamurkhan's Horde.

IF Tournament organisers don't allow compendium armies , they could also ban him on grounds that he is to all intents and purposes a compendium model.

8 minutes ago, 13on2D6 said:

For now! Forgeworld points updates have been rumoured to be imminent upon the release of GHB2017!

I hope he goes to 300 points so people don't spam him

I'll believe it when I see it.  and by updates I bet it's just points.  They're annoyingly notorious for doing the barest minimum.

14 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

So tournament house rules in, I assume, the uk? That's a relief then since it only affects a tiny minority of players. I don't think you should state things like "now that mortal wounds aren't damage" unless GW rules it so.

Although I want to agree with you , a hard read of the DD rules only allow you to replace the "damage" roll. Anything that isn't "d" just isn't "damage". Sad , and a little weird , I know. Wish GW would FAQ that quickly.

23 hours ago, HorseOnABeachBall said:

Although I want to agree with you , a hard read of the DD rules only allow you to replace the "damage" roll. Anything that isn't "d" just isn't "damage". Sad , and a little weird , I know. Wish GW would FAQ that quickly.

Well. Certainly would be great with a FAQ. Reading the rules however, on inflicting damage, its quite clear to me that inflicting wounds leads to allocating wounds which is is equal to inflicting damage. And mortal wounds goes straight to allocate step, which I read as inflicting damage. Regarding DD (avg 1.5 6s), I don't even think it's too strong, especially since it's not possible to spam Aspect of Tzeentch anymore.  

They should clarify the rule "keywords". I would understand that 'damage' is similar keyword as 'rend' or 'wound' or 'mortal wound'. The rules are just written bit unclearly.

It's same thing with movement. 'move' and 'pile-in move' seems to be completely different things.

Sayl got changed, his spell now reads:

Sayl can use his dark arts to enshroud himself or his allies in a dark vortex of magical power and transport them across the battlefield like a shadow across the sun. Traitor’s Mist has a casting value of 7. If successfully cast, pick a friendly Slaves to Darkness unit wholly within 15" of the caster. Remove the unit from the battlefield, and then set it up anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" from any enemy models. If you pick Sayl himself to be the target of this spell and Nightmaw is within 3" of him when the spell is cast, you can also remove Nightmaw from the battlefield and then set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is within 3" of Sayl the Faithless and more than 9" from any enemy models. Units moved in this manner cannot move in the following movement phase.

and sits at 120 now.

On 8/22/2017 at 6:11 PM, angelust said:

it would be nice to see Sayl get a profile change rather than a points change, but I don't have high hopes for either. 

Aw man it would have felt so good if you had high hopes! :P

On 8/22/2017 at 7:24 AM, Kaleb Daark said:

He won't, and you'll be drawing your pension before forgeworld give us an AoS campaign or any books all the while their other golden geese are laying eggs.  Lets face it, if this were 40K blades of khorne would have had a FAQ within a week.

If FW were keeping to the fluff of the original Tamurkhan campaign then it should really be for any Slaves to Darkness unit.  He after all falls into that allegiance or Tamurkhan's Horde.

IF Tournament organisers don't allow compendium armies , they could also ban him on grounds that he is to all intents and purposes a compendium model.

Time to draw that pension. :]

Archived