GHB17 - Let´s talk Chaos

Furious Robert

The new meta will be interesting.

Stacking battalions seems really questionable now, which is a good thing?!

I would be rather surprised if anyone drops 320 points for the Goretide or adds more than one battalion to his list. Even the 100-200 range is a hard pill to swallow for 2k or below. (1500 is the most played limit around here). The battalion special rules have to be really bonkers if you are willing to cut multiple units from your list.

This means fewer rules on the table and especially fewer magic items running around.

I'm really curious how the lists will evolve.

PS: A Mortal Tzeentch list with Fatesworn and a big unit of warriors is really growing on me right now

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BaronBanana said:

Hopefully War Mammoth's get worded into Slaves of Darkness.  That would be lit AF fam

fortunately mammoths are already a slaves to darkness unit. . The azyr app has it wrong in confining them only to tamurkhan's horde.

It's the skin wolves that I'm hoping get the slaves keyword or at least be marked so that they can be mortal <god> but we'll have to wait and see.

35 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

fortunately mammoths are already a slaves to darkness unit. . The azyr app has it wrong in confining them only to tamurkhan's horde.

It's the skin wolves that I'm hoping get the slaves keyword or at least be marked so that they can be mortal <god> but we'll have to wait and see.

LIT AF FAM

20170729_183449.jpg

160 points for the Tzaangor Shaman feels pretty excessive. 200 pts for Skyfires I can understand, but all of the increased points together really hurt, and you'll pretty much never use a Shaman unless you're buffing up a lot of Skyfires. It seems like all or nothing with them now.

1 hour ago, angelust said:

160 points for the Tzaangor Shaman feels pretty excessive. 200 pts for Skyfires I can understand, but all of the increased points together really hurt, and you'll pretty much never use a Shaman unless you're buffing up a lot of Skyfires. It seems like all or nothing with them now.

Still use a shaman to hang with Tzaangors to boost the unit and use their free MW banner

its almost like you need to use them for thier actual role, skyfires for picking off heroes and hiding till late game, and shaman to buff all tzaangors and not babysit 1 unit :P

anyone seen the generic chaos allegiance abilities yet? they change much?

With the point drops for chaos knights and marauder horsemen and chariots also being battleline. Do you think a all mounted slaves to darkness army will be viable? 

With support from lord on manticore, who also got a lot cheaper

43 minutes ago, Nasnad said:

With the point drops for chaos knights and marauder horsemen and chariots also being battleline. Do you think a all mounted slaves to darkness army will be viable? 

With support from lord on manticore, who also got a lot cheaper

I think you'll want the Lord on Daemonic Mount, as his command ability will effect Knights/Chariots.

Even with the Lord on Manticore being cheaper, I think you can probably get better benefit out of the Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore.

You could run something like this:

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (General)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Steed

10x Chaos Knights

10x Chaos Knights (or 2 sets of 5)

Gorebeast Chariot

Gorebeast Chariot

5x Marauder Horsemen

5x Marauder Horsemen

3x Varanguard (For some punch and fits the theme)

And then you still have 180 points left over. One thing I would definitely consider is the Chaos Warshrine, as it's not that much slower (only 2") than your force, while providing a 6++ save to most of your models. It also allows you to pray to get various bonuses based on it's mark.

Another alternative, is add a Chariot and the Fatesworn Warband. That way a tonne of your stuff will get Rend -1 on their attacks, and you can drop a model from your Knights to get the 6++ save on them (You can't do it with the Horsemen as you won't have enough units without changing something up).

If you don't take Fatesworn, you can give your guys whatever mark you want other than Khorne. Slaanesh could be particularly tasty for the allegiance ability. You can make them Seekers, giving everything in your army +2 move and +2 charge. Talk about fast.

I'm not necessarily convinced with the Slaves to Darkness allegiance (especially with the above list with only 1 killy character), so I think I'd be looking elsewhere. Heck, I think the GA: Chaos one (as random as it is) will likely suit this force better. Lord of War will still be a good trait to take on your General for boosting your units to hit harder (and if Fatesworn, everything's at least -1 rend, yippy!)

Overall, I reckon Fatesworn would probably be pretty strong as it'll make everything hit pretty hard (and you don't need glaives for the charge either).

14 minutes ago, Koalaninja said:

Guys how does blades of Khorne allegiance work now? Can slaves to darkness be taken in a blades of khorne army without breaking allegiance if they are marked Khorne? 

Hard to answer without the whole book, but I'd guess it'll work the same as before.

14 minutes ago, mastercrafted said:

I'm a bit of a magpie really, theres just so much chaos stuff i like! Is it possible to take a general chaos army, made up of blades of khorne, slaves to darkness and war/brayherds? I'm guessing i'd get no allegience abilities?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Blades of Khorne just needs the KHORNE keyword, so anything slaves would work, then you can add warherds as allies and still use Khornes abbilities and items.

5 hours ago, Requizen said:

Can Skyre still use that super crazy battalion? Or did the points do away with that?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

to use it in the way people had been using it would cost 400 points, but the points depend on the exact enginecovens chosen now, so you can get the battalion for less if you build it differently. 

8 hours ago, James McPherson said:

Its still there, it's a compendium formation in the old Skaven PDF, all that stuff has stayed the same and isn't included in the new GHB. Whether it will be outlawed at tournaments or allowed remains to be seen.

I have not seen anything that says all that stuff will stay the same, what I've seen says that points are going to get modified for those compendium things and that will be released in a new pdf. 

Was looking over the leaked pages and I didnt see an entry for Monsters of Chaos, nor does the Slaves to Darkness entry list them as an Ally. Has anyone seen Warhounds or Chimera? I know the Slaughterbrute is with Khorne, and Mutalith is now with DoT; was just wondering what has happened to Warhounds and Chimera.

1 hour ago, Naflem said:

to use it in the way people had been using it would cost 400 points, but the points depend on the exact enginecovens chosen now, so you can get the battalion for less if you build it differently. 

But can you still DS three units of Stormfiends within 3" of enemies? Or is it too expensive for that now? I don't know the original points.

57 minutes ago, Requizen said:

But can you still DS three units of Stormfiends within 3" of enemies? Or is it too expensive for that now? I don't know the original points.

Basically the base of the battalion costs 100, you then add points based on what enginecovens. All covens cost 50 points EXCEPT gaytfyre skorch which is the deepstrike, it costs 150. So it's min 200 points if you want the the other covens but 400 points if you want 2 gaytfyres. Original points were 200 so it got nerfed quite a bit if that's what you're worried about.

Archived