Upcoming New Soulblight!

Malakithe

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can not take a VL on Abyssal Terror in a soul light army any more correct? Since he is missing the Soulblight keyword, he would have to be an ally now I think. Still could take him, but he would eat into our skeleton allies for objectives =\

3 minutes ago, LeGinger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can not take a VL on Abyssal Terror in a soul light army any more correct? Since he is missing the Soulblight keyword, he would have to be an ally now I think. Still could take him, but he would eat into our skeleton allies for objectives =\

It can't even be an ally of a soulblight army, it doesn't have a keyword aliagence to be able to do.

50 minutes ago, LeGinger said:

Realized that after I posted. Ouch. Compendium units took a big hit. I'm baffled by the nerds death got (ROTN, points increases, Mourngul nerf, alliance options, etc)

I think looking at the big picture it’s not that bad. Ruler of the night was necessary to make room for other allegiance abilities to be worthwhile. The mourngul actually got a defensive boost because it’s 4++ applies to wounds now as well as morta wounds, and the alliance options aren’t a nerf because they didn’t exist before. It used to be grand alliance or nothing, now you can still take grand alliance, but you have the options of new allegiance abilities with allies. Points-wise deathlords got decreases across the board and we benefit from massive regiments discounts quite heavily. We also got a decrease to the necromancers, terrorgheists and zombie dragons and a comparatively tame increase on the legion of death battalion of only 50 points (many other factions are dealing with increases of around 100 points).

So we have taken a few nerfs but I think overall we’re doing ok, and I think most of my lists are overall ending up buffed by changes.

11 hours ago, feuermann said:

And nobody has thought about a "Nechrarch" vampire caster army? Could it be viable or not?

No real point. Soulblight has all of 3 casters. And the coven throne is just a giant poop tarpit so really you have the VLoZD and Vampire Lord...a bit of a waste of a full bloodline

new soulblight list will be
vlozd
mounted vampire lord
2x3 vargheist
1 blood knight

you can chose another vlozd without trait and item or another 6 vargheist

and random 200/400 point foot soldier from allied point for mantein object

enjoy your new full useless rend1 army and tell me how you manage mass 30/40 troops or giant moster with save 2/3+ who ignore rend 1

On 26 August 2017 at 3:14 AM, someone2040 said:

I believe people were stating that there is a general rule in the GHB that indicates that items only effect riders unless specifically stating otherwise.

It'll definitely all be cleared up in the next day or so.

Confirmed in ghb2017

image.jpeg

30 minutes ago, kozokus said:

How does the calice interact with the throne? does it affect the whole model as described or just the vampire queen?

if you mean the FEC artifacts it's not a priblem, the coven is soulblight, so no allegiance with FECs armies, and anyway the model has only a prifile of wounds so it would be the same as a GKoTG it would heal and stop

2 hours ago, kozokus said:

Talking about the Cup that gives +1/+1 hitwound to the whole model for the soulblight allegeance.

remember it doen't work on the mounts, so not so good on a VLoDZ, but wonderful oh a coven throne instead^^

4 hours ago, deynon said:

remember it doen't work on the mounts, so not so good on a VLoDZ, but wonderful oh a coven throne instead^^

EDIT: Just saw the section posted above. For the Coven Throne how can we be sure that the throne itself doesn't count as "a massive war machine" or what not?

I'm not super invested in Soulblight as a faction, but I've been thinking about giving it a go since I already have the models for it. This is the initial list that I'm considering:

Vampire Lord - wings, general, not sure on command ability but probably Curse of the Revenant - 140

Coven Throne - The Saccharine Goblet - 260

10 Blood Knights - 520

5 Blood Knights - 260

5 Blood Knights - 260

3 Vargheists - 160

40 Skeletons - spears 280

20 Zombies - 120

Bloodline: Dragon Warriors or Swift Death, not sure.

Total: 2000

I really don't know how competitive a list like this will be. I suspect it will be decent but not amazing. Zombies and Skeletons hold objectives while you try to create a local advantage by concentrating as much damage as possible with the Blood Knights. General stays back and provides support with command ability and magic. I figure one unit of 10 Blood Knights is good to take advantage of the command, but more than that in one unit seems too awkward.

The Coven Throne is a very mobile tarpit that will aim to take something with good damage but vulnerable bravery out of commission using her spell. Her damage isn't bad either with the Goblet.

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

I'm a little confused as to where this conclusion is coming from. Most artefacts that don't work on mounts specifically state that this is the case. While I think that it's possible that the goblet isn't intended to work on a mount, I don't think it's clear unless there is a FAQ or official ruling that I am missing.

The rule from the GHB listed above states that artifacts and command traits do not affect a mounts attacks unless stated otherwise. The the artifact would havr to say the mount benefits, not the other way around.

Just now, AverageBoss said:

The rule from the GHB listed above states that artifacts and command traits do not affect a mounts attacks unless stated otherwise. The the artifact would havr to say the mount benefits, not the other way around.

Yeah, just saw that a few minutes ago and edited my post to ask why we are so sure the Coven Throne doesn't count as a mount.

5 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

EDIT: Just saw the section posted above. For the Coven Throne how can we be sure that the throne itself doesn't count as "a massive war machine" or what not?

I'm not super invested in Soulblight as a faction, but I've been thinking about giving it a go since I already have the models for it. This is the initial list that I'm considering:

Vampire Lord - wings, general, not sure on command ability but probably Curse of the Revenant - 140

Coven Throne - The Saccharine Goblet - 260

10 Blood Knights - 520

5 Blood Knights - 260

5 Blood Knights - 260

3 Vargheists - 160

40 Skeletons - spears 280

20 Zombies - 120

Bloodline: Dragon Warriors or Swift Death, not sure.

Total: 2000

I really don't know how competitive a list like this will be. I suspect it will be decent but not amazing. Zombies and Skeletons hold objectives while you try to create a local advantage by concentrating as much damage as possible with the Blood Knights. General stays back and provides support with command ability and magic. I figure one unit of 10 Blood Knights is good to take advantage of the command, but more than that in one unit seems too awkward.

The Coven Throne is a very mobile tarpit that will aim to take something with good damage but vulnerable bravery out of commission using her spell. Her damage isn't bad either with the Goblet.

cause vampure queen, vampure maidens and spirit hosts are not mounts or warmachine.

4 hours ago, Tittliewinks22 said:

I believe that the chalice will only affect the blood kiss and stiletto.

If you read the description of the throne on the warscroll, its clear that the Vampire Queen is the hero and the handmaidens/ghosts are not.

why, the chalice talk about model, and the maidens are èart of the model and tney are not mounts or a warmachine. If you read the artufact talk about the model, not the "hero". If it wpuld be as you say it would be totally different the wording of the artifact

7 hours ago, deynon said:

cause vampure queen, vampure maidens and spirit hosts are not mounts or warmachine.

why, the chalice talk about model, and the maidens are èart of the model and tney are not mounts or a warmachine. If you read the artufact talk about the model, not the "hero". If it wpuld be as you say it would be totally different the wording of the artifact

I agree with this. it says model, and it makes the VLOZD actually worth 440pts with better attacks. it says model, so why is it only one part of the model rather than the entire model? if it says hero, sure it would only affect the hero's attacks, but since it says model what else is there to suggest otherwise?

if not, oh well... the sword still needs a small boost to make it equal to manfredd's sword, so it would help with that, and if you do it right you can always have a 4+ re-rolling ones with your guy.

plus isn't the vamp literally controlling his mount with magic as an extension of himself?

Just now, Acid_Nine said:

I agree with this. it says model, and it makes the VLOZD actually worth 440pts with better attacks. it says model, so why is it only one part of the model rather than the entire model?

in the case of the VLoZD the ZD can't take part of the effect of the chalice cause it's a mount and by rules can't take part of the effects of the artifacts. to 

And the same apply command abilities... so guess what happen to the one of the VLoZD...

But about the coven throne it's the a different case cuase there is not a mount and not a warmachine.

Archived