Few questions

Aeryenn

Question

1. Do units have to move only in straight lines or any kind of move is legal as long as the distance doesn't exceed move characteristic. So is it possible for a unit with 10" move characteristic to firstly move 2" forward, than move left 3" around scenerie and again turn right 5"?

2. My opponent has no shooting units but i do. It is his turn. Does the shooting phase take place as normal or am i allowed to shoot only in my turn? 

3. Can units in close combat use their shooting weapons? 

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, BaldoBeardo said:

3) Yes

Its worth clarifying that units can use the shooting weapons while in combat during the shooting phase. You don't actually use the shooting profile during the combat phase. I have seen people confused by this before and try to use missile profiles as a combat attack lol

5 minutes ago, Aryann said:

So if it is my opponent's turn i can't use for example Kurnoth hunters's bow? Neither in shooting phase nor in combat? 

Correct. You can shoot with the Greatbow during your shooting phase. You can't shoot in his shooting phase.

Then, both in your combat phase, and his combat phase, kurnoth hunters with greatbows would use their vicious claws melee weapons.

Thank you. 

One more question regarding allegiance items. If I choose an artefact for a hero and the text is: pick one of hero's weapon to be ARTEFACT NAME does it mean i loose it's special skill? Lets say i choose my Mighty Lord's of Khorne Axe of Khorne to be a Heart Seeker for rerolling wound rolls. Does he loose his Reality-splitting Axe skill? 

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

Thank you. 

One more question regarding allegiance items. If I choose an artefact for a hero and the text is: pick one of hero's weapon to be ARTEFACT NAME does it mean i loose it's special skill? Lets say i choose my Mighty Lord's of Khorne Axe of Khorne to be a Heart Seeker for rerolling wound rolls. Does he loose his Reality-splitting Axe skill? 

No.

18 hours ago, Aryann said:

Thank you. 

No, you gain additional rules from the artefact. Some combinations are really good. Gorecleaver for example gives you an extra -1 rend and a 6 or more to wound causes mortal damage instead of normal damage. When combined with the Khorne Lord on Jugger's Axe it turns the special D3 damage roll not only into 3 damage on a 6 or more, but also mortal damage instead.

Archived