Lets chat! Dark Elves/Exiles

gummyofallbears

For me, Executioners are a must. They are fast infantry with a decent save who deliver mortal wounds. End of story.

I also dig anything with the lovely Darkshields. They are begging for Mystic Shield and, IMHO, our foot Sorceresses haven't got much of anything better to do.

Doomfire Warlocks can be heartbreaking for the opponent with their elite 6MW output, but... so heartbreaking when they are easily pasted.

The Hydra's super-regeneration obviously appeals, but I haven't fielded him yet.

Lastly, I consider both the Mistweaver Saih and Tenebrael Shard to be part of the family, and dig them both. Would love to try sticking Shadowblade Assassins in with the Shard, and just run around ganking the backfield or enemy buffer-characters.

7 hours ago, Aezeal said:

I don't think the mistweaver is closely related to exiles.. more a HE person in my opinion.

Disagree there, think she's more related to the Shadow Aelf side of things (e.g Malerions new faction). Mist is definitely more of a shadowy thing, and doesn't really have any relation to Light.

So I think she'd definitely align well with the Dark Aelf side of things.

17 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Disagree there, think she's more related to the Shadow Aelf side of things (e.g Malerions new faction). Mist is definitely more of a shadowy thing, and doesn't really have any relation to Light.

So I think she'd definitely align well with the Dark Aelf side of things.

true, still she looks pretty different from the shard

The Shard is more Daughter of Khaine/Shadow blade in appearance. But in honesty if you read both there abilities they both have a Lore of Shadow theme going on. What with the Shadow Teleporting thing that the shard does and mystic/illusion thing Saih has going on.

Like Aezeal says, your generic Order allegiance at the moment anyway, so using a mismatch of stuff you like right now isn't an issue. Be interesting to see How all the bits and bobs pan out for them in GHB2. Currently my Dark Elves have all sat unused since End Times because they are a bit on the bland side. Though I wouldn't mind starting an Elf force in the mean time using units that fit in Saih and the Shards aesthetic.

Teneabrel Shard + Assassin is -the- strongest combo us Dark Aelf players have available to us. I wish it was used more, to be honest.

Daughters of Khaine remains the most synergistic (and complete) of our factions, and if you use the combo above to take out ranged threats to avoid losing half your army before you even reach the enemy, it can even pack a serious punch! :D

Executioners are amazing, but Black Guard is a safer choice if you're going for a big horde of infantry like dreadspears, as their increased range allows them to fight over their meat shields.

Warlocks are pure love.

Its good to hear that the shard is a strong choice, I have one of him and one mistweaver from Silver Tower just sitting around, and three assassins in the mail!

What is the opinion on the corsairs units? Lokir fellheart from the compendium seems pretty strong, just for his command abillity if you have a lot of corsairs, kharibyds' and dark riders.  

31 minutes ago, gummyofallbears said:

Its good to hear that the shard is a strong choice, I have one of him and one mistweaver from Silver Tower just sitting around, and three assassins in the mail!

What is the opinion on the corsairs units? Lokir fellheart from the compendium seems pretty strong, just for his command abillity if you have a lot of corsairs, kharibyds' and dark riders.  

I've been toying around with a Lokhir fear-build that'd scratch that particular itch. It adds a Dread Saurian (-2 bravery, I will model it as an enslaved beast) and keeps some Harpies lurking at the edge of the fray (too squishy to join a fight, but their ability synergises well with corsairs) - add as many fleetmasters and corsair units that you like on top of that and you're good. It's compendium, and not competitive at all, but could be FUN :D Phoenix guard also suits this approach if you need an elite unit to back you up.

Edit: to answer your actual question; I think the corsairs look better than they fight ;) until they get some allegiance toys at least. I love them regardless.

1 hour ago, Mayple said:

I've been toying around with a Lokhir fear-build that'd scratch that particular itch. It adds a Dread Saurian (-2 bravery, I will model it as an enslaved beast) and keeps some Harpies lurking at the edge of the fray (too squishy to join a fight, but their ability synergises well with corsairs) - add as many fleetmasters and corsair units that you like on top of that and you're good. It's compendium, and not competitive at all, but could be FUN :D Phoenix guard also suits this approach if you need an elite unit to back you up.

Edit: to answer your actual question; I think the corsairs look better than they fight ;) until they get some allegiance toys at least. I love them regardless.

Spite revenants and Drycha might be options too.

1 hour ago, Mayple said:

I only noticed this recently and am unsure how long its been a thing for, but harpies are now Chaos grand alliance according to the app.

10 minutes ago, BrAiKo said:

I only noticed this recently and am unsure how long its been a thing for, but harpies are now Chaos grand alliance according to the app.

Yupp. But they're also Dark Elves/Exiles if you play compendium units. It's really weird, and I think it might just be a mistake in the app that was never corrected :o

On 8/18/2017 at 10:15 PM, gummyofallbears said:

I always field a squad of 20 or 30 backed up with a fleetmaster (only command ability with some use in my collection). And even then they hit like a clanrat with a cold. It's also down to my horrific rollingxD But dreadspears always, always outperform them for me. 

But we are playing a piraty themed campaign, so yeah, you gotta do what you gotta do. 

Archived